User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have a real problem with a book like this being marketed for public consumption. Stevie is the said victim of abuse, but she hasn't written it, nor has she seemed to have openly authorized the writer to create a thesis like this cobbled together from past snippets of interviews or private communications.

I'm not saying that the thesis isn't true. It might be. But Stevie herself would have to publicly stand behind the book's publication and endorse the views therein. Otherwise, it's a best hearsay and at [B]worst muckraking and sensationalism.
I agree. It is distasteful and completely unnecessary. I'm particularly appalled at the nastiness about Lindsey's "fading stardom." That suggestion is both hurtful, UNTRUE, and shameful, especially when it's about an artist who has achieved all that Lindsey has AND who is still successfully touring with NEW music forty years after the beginning of a stellar and stratospheric career. I believe this nonsense will hurt rather than help the sales of the book.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I agree. It is distasteful and completely unnecessary. I'm particularly appalled at the nastiness about Lindsey's "fading stardom." That suggestion is both hurtful, UNTRUE, and shameful, especially when it's about an artist who has achieved all that Lindsey has AND who is still successfully touring with NEW music forty years after the beginning of a stellar and stratospheric career. I believe this nonsense will hurt rather than help the sales of the book.
True he gets a pass on physical abuse of women because he is touring now with new music.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know three things to be fact:
1) I heard about the incident at Christine's house the day it happened....it definitely happened, and the only person who attacked anyone was Lindsey.
2) When the incident first came to light five years later in Mick's book and Lindsey denied it, saying Mick had made it up just to sell books, both Stevie AND Christine wanted to go to the press to say that absolutely was not the case, but Mick said no..."We know what happened, and that's all that matters."
3) The fact that Lindsey now says he "can't remember" what happened that day is BS.

That said, this book is just another rag I won't be reading.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
True he gets a pass on physical abuse of women because he is touring now with new music.
That's not what she said

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
That's not what she said
Yes it is.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, it isn't.
Thanks, Fuzzy.

Last edited by Steviegirl; 11-16-2017 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Fuzzy Love
Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree, and its weird that so many people still buy into this and take it so serious. I guess that's why the Enquirer and and TMZ are still so popular. Way played out.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Yes it is.
No it isn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
No, it isn't.
Thanks, Fuzzy.
Thank you

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Abuse and assault is never okay and the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal clearly shows that assault and (sexual) violence against women paired with victim blaming and ignorance is still rampant. It's not that I feel that Lindsey is innocent, far from it!

But Stevie has not been in any kind or form dependent on him like - ever since 1974 and just couldn't stop messing with him, appearantly still can't. FM knew what they had in her right from the start, she was integral part of the band, gained massive starpower and holds it to this day. He treated her bad? Sure, he did. He had a massive ego problem that he turned out to her? Sure. He got into a physical fight with her? I wholeheartely believe that he did. She on the other hand had massive drug related physical and mental issues, saw herself as a victim, glorified that angle and loved her drama. Her ego grew to the size of Texas, she surrounded herself with say-yes-people and developed a strong aversion to criticism. She's also still negative towards him in interviews, her continuous nagging hanging over him like a cloud of accid. Him being an unpleasant, aggressive person has certainly cost him and his career. Stevie never got called out for her vindictive part in this mess - which seems kinda unfair to me.

And still, they allegedly part-time screwed until at least 1997 - not an indicator that they took their fights THAT serious. This are people who bring out the worst in each other but still can't get away. Did they ever get smarter about that? Appearantly not much. He somehow chilled out, she somehow got a grip on playing the victim, but not neccessary on the drama thing. But to this day, they both agree to play part of their history onstage, both seem unaware of how embarrassing that is. Just a stupid schtick that goes on and on. And that this act is what makes articles and books about their past possible.

John once threw an ax after Christine, do we hear about her being the victim? No - because they are clearly friends now and don't muddle the water with romantic overtones. Also, Christine does not play the victim and John has shown remorse. Their romantic relationship is history, just like Stevies and Lindseys, only they are wise enough to leave it that way.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 11-18-2017 at 06:06 AM..
Old 11-18-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Abuse and assault is never okay and the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal clearly shows that assault and (sexual) violence against women paired with victim blaming and ignorance is still rampant. It's not that I feel that Lindsey is innocent, far from it!

But Stevie has not been in any kind or form dependent on him like - ever since 1974 and just couldn't stop messing with him, appearantly still can't. FM knew what they had in her right from the start, she was integral part of the band, gained massive starpower and holds it to this day. He treated her bad? Sure, he did. He had a massive ego problem that he turned out to her? Sure. He got into a physical fight with her? I wholeheartely believe that he did. She on the other hand had massive drug related physical and mental issues, saw herself as a victim, glorified that angle and loved her drama. Her ego grew to the size of Texas, she surrounded herself with say-yes-people and developed a strong aversion to criticism. She's also still negative towards him in interviews, her continuous nagging hanging over him like a cloud of accid. Him being an unpleasant, aggressive person has certainly cost him and his career. Stevie never got called out for her vindictive part in this mess - which seems kinda unfair to me.

And still, they allegedly part-time screwed until at least 1997 - not an indicator that they took their fights THAT serious. This are people who bring out the worst in each other but still can't get away. Did they ever get smarter about that? Appearantly not much. He somehow chilled out, she somehow got a grip on playing the victim, but not neccessary on the drama thing. But to this day, they both agree to play part of their history onstage, both seem unaware of how embarrassing that is. Just a stupid schtick that goes on and on. And that this act is what makes articles and books about their past possible.

John once threw an ax after Christine, do we hear about her being the victim? No - because they are clearly friends now and don't muddle the water with romantic overtones. Also, Christine does not play the victim and John has shown remorse. Their romantic relationship is history, just like Stevies and Lindseys, only they are wise enough to leave it that way.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I would only add that Stevie at least owned that she attacked him physically as well. She's quoted as saying she physically attacked him first. Doesn't make it right.. but, as you say. Folks want to ship them. These are really just Stevie fans that want (for whatever creepy and odd reason) them to still be together.

I wholeheartedly agree that if they had just been honest and played it out like John and Christine, the rest of this ignorant craze wouldn't be here and morphing into HUGE DRAMA.

This post is so well written and I have so much respect for your point of view.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-18-2017 at 03:58 PM..
Old 11-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you!
Old 11-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly. Very well-put.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But to this day, they both agree to play part of their history onstage, both seem unaware of how embarrassing that is. Just a stupid schtick that goes on and on. .
Totally agree with your entire post.

The above quote stands out for me. I totally get SN's motivation for keeping this part on stage alive. She still wants to prove she has some ownership over him I think and it makes her feel wanted but I don't get why he agrees to do it. What's in it for him? It's embarrassing to him as well as his wife and family. I don't buy the theory 'it sells tickets to shows and makes them more money' because people would without a doubt still go even if there was no chemistry or affection....I don't get it
Old 11-19-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Totally agree with your entire post.

The above quote stands out for me. I totally get SN's motivation for keeping this part on stage alive. She still wants to prove she has some ownership over him I think and it makes her feel wanted but I don't get why he agrees to do it. What's in it for him? It's embarrassing to him as well as his wife and family. I don't buy the theory 'it sells tickets to shows and makes them more money' because people would without a doubt still go even if there was no chemistry or affection....I don't get it
I think I love you. I've been blasted by so many shippers and chiffons by saying this. But, it's just true. You nailed what I feel about the entire situation.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You keep the peace on stage. The Stevie/Lindsey feud is not new in rock bands. They don't even see each other on the road except on stage. Gosh Lindsey even came back to play Landslide with Stevie on the last show of the farewell tour. They did it for the fans and the legacy and not because of each other. I don't see it as Stevie keeping some fallacy of them getting along to project to the world.