Didn't Even Bother Buying It 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2002, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: best of

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire Blues
It recalls the goofy Dougie Howser-esque keyboard arrangement for Skies the Limit.
Dan, you're the only other person I have ever heard mention the Doogie Howser theme song in regards to "Skies The Limit."

When I heard "Skies" for the very first time (on the day the album was released), the Doogie Howser theme was the first thing that came to my mind (and actually made me a little nervous about the rest of the album! Though I was already familiar with, and loved, "Save Me").

The song has since grown on me considerably, but I still think of Doogie everytime I hear it.
Glad I'm not the only one!

Johnny Stew
Old 10-15-2002, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress

The most up to date item is the CD. Secondly, nowhere did I say "CarneVaca can't read." I simply stated that if one can read, the info is clearly stated in the CD booklet.
Dude, you'd have to eat a lot more Wheaties to get me to believe that you made the comment "for people who can read" without any intention of stinging me.

Secondly, you are quite incorrect about the most updated version being the CD. The web is a dynamic medium, therefore it will ALWAYS be more current than something that was recorded and distributed in a plastic saucer. Daily newspapers have web sites for a reason -- so they can update stories that ran today until they can print updates tomorrow. It's a fairly straightforward concept, actually.

Besides, when you say this:

"It just seemed unfortunate to me that with all of the time you devote to owning the final, one-and-only, no-one-else-is-right word on all things pertaining to Fleetwood Mac you would have missed the latest word."

It's very clear you're trying to bait me. Don't play innocent now. From what I understand, personal vendettas are forbiden on this board. Keep that in mind.

RESCIND THE STRIKE!!!

Last edited by CarneVaca; 10-16-2002 at 08:04 AM..
Old 10-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm all in all really satisfied with the new release. I think they've done a great job. For me, one of the best tracks on the album has to be the new mix of the Silver Springs studio version. I really did not like the studio version that appeared on The Chain boxed set, and I always thought the Dance version was much better- more emotional and just stronger vocals all around. BUT, this new mix definatly must be the one that they were trying to recreate on the Dance tour. The end is great - it's packed with all the emotions that we see on the Dance video- only a younger voice. All the single remixes are cool too.

Can't complain about the documentary. Nice to see that Lindsey and Stevie can still get on each others nerves. Guess it means they still have the same old chemistry. The look on Lindsey's face when he hears Stevie's dogs yapping is priceless!

"The vault" is rather boring, though. Maybe they'll beef it up soon. I just can't get enough of that "rare" Don't Stop performance from the Dance.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Doc footage

I think it was worth the $15 I spent on it for the documentary. The 5 minutes of them in the studio makes me even more excited than I was before. And, it's only a taste. It was announced that there will be an entire DVD of the recording sessions released next year, I guess to coincide with the new CD release.

On the same topic - Did anyone notice the footage from the very beginning and the very end of the doc, when Lindsey is on stage talking? Isn't that from AHI 2001? Was that actually recorded professionally? I didn't notice any cameras when I was there, but I guess I wasn't really looking. If so...sweet. Maybe that show will turn up someday.

I'm also enjoying the different mixes of songs. I'm always making FM compilation CDs anyway, so this is just another one for me. And I don't think I've ever heard that version of Rhiannon. It may be the radio edit, but it's not a version that I've ever heard on my radio!

Mike B.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it is great...totally worth the $,and totally worth dragging myself outta bed for even though i am fighting off a stomach bug..it totally cheered me up,and that footage is great...can't wait to see more of it

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 10-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Doc footage

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I don't think I've ever heard that version of Rhiannon. It may be the radio edit, but it's not a version that I've ever heard on my radio!
Hi Mike!
How've you been?

To this day, a couple of our local (which for me includes both Pittsburgh and some Ohio) stations still play the radio remixes of "Over My Head" and "Rhiannon."

It always amazes me that they still play those versions, and I've often wondered if other radio stations across the country still played them too.

Does anyone else still hear them, or are the album mixes standard fare most everywhere?

Johnny Stew
Old 10-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In relation to the new mix of Silver Springs, I think it is more like the DVD-A version. The most pronounced difference between the version from The Chain and the DVD-A version (aside from the 5.1 sound) is Stevie's Backing vox during the chorus. She carries the "eee" sound at the the end of the phrase "You won't forget me" and "You wouldn't let me" et al much longer on the DVD-A version. This feature is found in the "new" version also.

As for another alt. version, Rhiannon is awsome. I love the "new" sound of the old song.

Finally, in relation to the documentary, does anyone agree that the vocal parts we see Lindsey and later Stevie singing belong to the same song? It seems like the chord progressions are the same.

John

Last edited by jwys_soapbox; 10-16-2002 at 12:52 AM..
Old 10-16-2002, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it was totally worth the 16.99 I paid for it at KMart (since I am BOYCOTTING TARGET, lmao)! I absolutely loved the footage, after I FINALLY got it to play, lol! The new music sounded great, and so did Stevie and Lindsey. They all looked great, too. I haven't had a chance to listen to the tracklist on disc two yet, but I loved hearing the single versions of OMH and Rhiannon. Don't think I've ever heard them before. And Silver Springs~~ Awesome!

The only bad thing was the ISA edit. Yuck. lol

I am SO psyched for the new album now! And the tour! And the documentary! It's great to be a FM fan, lol!

~~Angela~~
Old 10-16-2002, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Doc footage

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
\
It always amazes me that they still play those versions, and I've often wondered if other radio stations across the country still played them too.

Does anyone else still hear them, or are the album mixes standard fare most everywhere?

Johnny Stew
Actually, about a month ago I heard the single version of Rhiannon on a local radio station here (Q104, a classic rock station in NYC). Usually they broadcast other one though, I think. I was freaking out when I heard it because I was in the car and I was so angry that I couldn't record it, because it was the first time that I had ever heard it and I had no idea what it was. I just thought it was some random remix. Now I'm so glad I actually have it! But I've never heard that version of Over My Head, it doesn't really get that much airplay around here anyway.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Overall...

I give it a good rating, Just wished there was more to it than just a rehash of history in the liner notes, But it seems aimed at newer fans of FM so I can understand that...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't that radio mix of Rhiannon originally only available on 45? I think the album versions were obviously on the album, and radio mix's were what were sent to radio stations (on 45) and maybe what was on the original 45 that sold at record stores. So if a radio station were still playing the radio mix I think they would have to still have the original 45 because as far as I know these versions were never released on CD before. Any thoughts?
Old 10-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Ledgie

You know.... it's good to know some things never change....

I haven't posted here for a long time because of all the arguments that go on.....I give it another try and the first thread I read has people arguing in it!

Anyway......VB of FM will tide me over nicely until the new album arrives and no I'm not chewed up because we only got 21 tracks - just glad to have the opportunity to give FM a bit more money through buying both!

Fireflies UK - www.firefliesuk.com
Old 10-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i have original 45

Quote:
Originally posted by ricohv
Wasn't that radio mix of Rhiannon originally only available on 45? I think the album versions were obviously on the album, and radio mix's were what were sent to radio stations (on 45) and maybe what was on the original 45 that sold at record stores. So if a radio station were still playing the radio mix I think they would have to still have the original 45 because as far as I know these versions were never released on CD before. Any thoughts?
i have the original 45 and it is the same as the one on tbofm
so cool to have those old mixes (i also have the original 45 of sisters of the moon) on cd now and remastered too.
I love the docupart on the disc (i had especialy not read anything on the content of the docu to keep it new and fresh for me. Although the dog thing had come by in post so many times i couldn't help but having read it.
Very happy with the albums (i bought both the 2 disc and the 1 disc version)
Old 10-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't got the album yet, my mum says it's not worth it.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like this latest compilation. The remastered songs are just really cool. I especially like the version of SOTM and also Rhiannon and Silver Springs.

The documentary is awesome. It was nice to see the goings on in the studio and to see that some things never change. I am looking forward to the new album even more now and can't wait to see that entire DVD footage!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~