Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM:
how are you not tired of going around spewing bs? so much hate in you, it seems!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-20-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: Don't put any old hags in front of me!
I'm not certain where La Mer is, but I hope he doesn't have any concerts booked there.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: Don't put any old hags in front of me!
I wasn’t going to jump in but honestly I cannot fathom why you are gloating over and rubbing in Lindsey’s firing at every opportunity.

Leave. Us. Alone.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I wasn’t going to jump in but honestly I cannot fathom why you are gloating over and rubbing in Lindsey’s firing at every opportunity.

Leave. Us. Alone.
And that's all the Stevie fans wanted but they have faced such hatred here that most of them have left. And that was gloated over. And over again. I for one will absolutely not leave. But you are free to ignore or scroll past me. Or is this forum now exclusively for Lindsey fans? Are you so consumed in your grief that you have no objectivity? Just like the other haters with the Stevie screen names? Like I said I feel like I'm at a funeral. He's not dead. Wouldn't you all rather see him without her anyway?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-20-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Old 04-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I have to admit, I've seen that as a problem with Stevie more and more, too.

It's like with "Soldier's Angel." She says she's going to "tell [the] stories" of soldiers but actually... she spends most of the song praising herself. She sings about how much she helps them "back into the light", despite how terribly difficult is it for her and how it "tears her apart" to visit them, but she bravely carries on because she is a soldier, too. It shows how even when she is coming from a good place, she still can't help but make it about herself.
What did Lindsey do for the soldiers again?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
how are you not tired of going around spewing bs? so much hate in you, it seems!
I have only love. Plus it's fun watching all five of you Lindsey supporters desperately trying to preserve your narrative. Burn the witch!

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-20-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Old 04-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And that's all the Stevie fans wanted but they have faced such hatred here that most of them have left. And that was gloated over. And over again. I for one will absolutely not leave. But you are free to ignore or scroll past me. Or is this forum now exclusively for Lindsey fans? Are you so consumed in your grief that you have no objectivity? Just like the other haters with the Stevie screen names? Like I said I feel like I'm at a funeral. He's not dead. Wouldn't you all rather see him without her anyway?
I'd rather see him in his band as its musical director. And on his solo project.

And she could have taken Tom's place on the Heartbreakers. But of course she couldn't let Lindsey have his farewell tour. She couldn't.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm not certain where La Mer is, but I hope he doesn't have any concerts booked there.
You reap what you sow.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You reap what you sow.
Sounds like there's a crazy farmer in your past then.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What did Lindsey do for the soldiers again?
I wasn't trying to compare her to Lindsey; I never said she did less than Lindsey.

What happened to you? I don't remember you being like this when I was a regular on here. Admittedly, that was many years ago... but I don't remember you attacking Lindsey at every opportunity.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-20-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I appreciate you speaking up against some of the childish nastiness coming from a select few whose level of hysteria about this situation (whatever it may be as we STILL have no official story and no, "he said, she said" isn't an official story); is truly disturbing. I keep coming back to this forum in hopes of actually seeing some real news and instead have to wade through page after page of ridiculous grade-school level insults coming from the same little group. Calm down and stop acting like the antics of some pampered millionaires means anything at all to your real lives. Ughh, drop the pitchforks and torches, this is really exhausting. Can't we have some adult conversation? Incidentally, speaking of people who got disgusted with the atmosphere and left, does Skip ever visit anymore? He always seemed to never have a harsh word to say to anyone and I hadn't seen him on here in forever. I hope there wasn't a health issue or something.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Registered

The "official" story? From THIS band? The "official" line debuting next week will be one lie and platitude after another. I'd rather hear gossip and name calling than listen to the icon babble meaninglessly and disingenuously and, to be blunt, untruthfully.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I appreciate you speaking up against some of the childish nastiness coming from a select few whose level of hysteria about this situation (whatever it may be as we STILL have no official story and no, "he said, she said" isn't an official story); is truly disturbing. I keep coming back to this forum in hopes of actually seeing some real news and instead have to wade through page after page of ridiculous grade-school level insults coming from the same little group. Calm down and stop acting like the antics of some pampered millionaires means anything at all to your real lives. Ughh, drop the pitchforks and torches, this is really exhausting. Can't we have some adult conversation? Incidentally, speaking of people who got disgusted with the atmosphere and left, does Skip ever visit anymore? He always seemed to never have a harsh word to say to anyone and I hadn't seen him on here in forever. I hope there wasn't a health issue or something.
You don't know what they mean to me, or to any of us.

The grade-school level insults are from both sides. If not, they would have stopped a long time ago.

Keep waiting for that "official story".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
If I remember well Vivfox has seen him at a Stevie show last year and said he seemed to be pretty well but still wanted to stay away from the web for the time being.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
The "official" story? From THIS band? The "official" line debuting next week will be one lie and platitude after another. I'd rather hear gossip and name calling than listen to the icon babble meaninglessly and disingenuously and, to be blunt, untruthfully.
That "gossip and name calling" seems to be tailored to support specific narratives that people would like to be true based on their particular prejudices.
(just like your apparent prejudice to assume anything "babbled" out of "the icon's" mouth would be as you seem to believe, an untruth) I think I'd rather wait for someone who was in the room who doesn't happen to be on team anybody. There has to be an objective journalistic source out there somewhere who can and will say what happened. Until then, I don't see much value in bringing up Stevie's attitudes about Lindsey, Mick's abilities to handle money, whether Christine's enthusiasm about recording with Lindsey was real or just a ploy to sell records, or dredging up Lindsey's reportedly rocky past with women. None of it gets anyone one inch closer to knowing what happened. Maybe when there is real news, tour dates etc. it will give people something to talk about that doesn't involve all this backbiting.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 04-20-2018 at 02:45 PM..