User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

"The only reason that I don’t really wanna do a record is because I think that, in a year and a half, we’ll probably go out and do another Fleetwood Mac tour, since Christine has come back,"

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...wood-mac-album
A year an a half? That is second half of 2018? I thought they comitted to tour the second half of 2017?

Is this a mix up with old quotes? Has she still not heard ANY of the recorded tracks? A year of recording? Three f555cking Stevie Nicks tracks?

Old 12-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Why can't she ...oh I don't know...just be a productive artist and take a risk?

She acts like the only point of a record is to make money - like she needs more of it or something.

Give me a break she's just scared and lazy.

Can't wait for ANOTHER greatest hits tour. So excited I'm practically falling asleep...
Old 12-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Why can't she ...oh I don't know...just be a productive artist and take a risk?

She acts like the only point of a record is to make money - like she needs more of it or something.

Give me a break she's just scared and lazy.

Can't wait for ANOTHER greatest hits tour. So excited I'm practically falling asleep...
Lazy? I don't think Stevie's at all lazy. She's not taken any time off. Christine had a LONG vacation. Lindsey has been working. Stevie has been working. Scared? Steve has been on stage and touring, and she put out 2 albums in the past 5 years. Making money=touring, not making an album. It's a business. She seems to make it clear she doesn't want to spend time waiting for an album to be finished. Maybe it won't take that long. But it's her time. They could push on without her. Why don't they? I don't think any of Stevie's reluctance has to do with the making of money associated with the album. Rather, it has to do with being in the studio with someone she doesn't particularly get along with. This isn't any big surprise is it?
Old 12-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Lazy? I don't think Stevie's at all lazy. She's not taken any time off. Christine had a LONG vacation. Lindsey has been working. Stevie has been working. Scared? Steve has been on stage and touring, and she put out 2 albums in the past 5 years. Making money=touring, not making an album. It's a business. She seems to make it clear she doesn't want to spend time waiting for an album to be finished. Maybe it won't take that long. But it's her time. They could push on without her. Why don't they? I don't think any of Stevie's reluctance has to do with the making of money associated with the album. Rather, it has to do with being in the studio with someone she doesn't particularly get along with. This isn't any big surprise is it?
I think it's more of a matter of being in the studio with someone whose recording process drives her nuts and she doesn't have the patience anymore like she did in the past plus if albums don't sell she thinks 'what's the point?'
Even though they fight, if she didn't mind his process, I think she'd do it, but that's I think what gets to her the most. She knows it's gonna take forever and she might not even like how it turns out which will put them in bad moods and then when it doesn't sell it'll just be worse.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it's more of a matter of being in the studio with someone whose recording process drives her nuts and she doesn't have the patience anymore like she did in the past plus if albums don't sell she thinks 'what's the point?'
Even though they fight, if she didn't mind his process, I think she'd do it, but that's I think what gets to her the most. She knows it's gonna take forever and she might not even like how it turns out which will put them in bad moods and then when it doesn't sell it'll just be worse.

All the above. Nicely put dreamsunwind! Time is short for all of them. They should do what makes them all HAPPY, not what makes them MONEY. At this point, I don't even care what some of the fans want. I'm looking for a little Kenny Loggins "peace of mind."
Old 12-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you hit it exactly on the nail. While I'm disappointed Stevie may not be on the next FM album, that's her choice and I can't fault her for it. Just like I couldn't fault Lindsey for leaving in 1987 or Christine when she left.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I speak for many of us when I say we have nothing else to live for except a new Fleetwood Mac album. I feel that I have only been staying alive this last year or so solely based on my hope that the 5 members can reunite for the finishing touch on their legacy. Stevie is very close to ruining this all for me and many others. She should take this into consideration when blowing everyone off.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think you hit it exactly on the nail. While I'm disappointed Stevie may not be on the next FM album, that's her choice and I can't fault her for it. Just like I couldn't fault Lindsey for leaving in 1987 or Christine when she left.
Both Lindsey and Christine left because of touring and not because of wanting to creatively contribute to the band. Lindsey created most of Tango and did not want to tour. Christine did not tour with the band but still contributed to Time. Stevie is saying she wants nothing to do with new material with the band, does not want to create new music but will graciously sign on the dotted line for big bucks for touring.
I see no comparison. If you don't want to play and contribute with the rest of the band members then you should not be touring with the band. There may not be big bucks in recording but all the money from touring is why you stay with the band. Lindsey and Christine did not have that philosophy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-05-2016 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2.5 years later and we still don't know if that ;/:&$@/;:@$& album is coming out. Why do we fans have to be put through such endless torture when we KNOW there is music? This band is insane and I'm only marginally less insane for sticking with them.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Both Lindsey and Christine left because of touring and not because of wanting to creatively contribute to the band. Lindsey created most of Tango and did not want to tour. Christine did not tour with the band but still contributed to Time. Stevie is saying she wants nothing to do with new material with the band, does not want to create new music but will graciously sign on the dotted line for big bucks for touring.
I see no comparison. If you don't want to play and contribute with the rest of the band members then you should not be touring with the band. There may not be big bucks in recording but all the money from touring is why you stay with the band. Lindsey and Christine did not have that philosophy.
Bingo. She's showing her hand and its clear that her artistic creativity is long dead. She's clearly in it for the money at this rate. If the legacy of FM is going to end as a 4-piece project, then tour as one too. As someone who has bought her albums, seen her solo countless times and knows every lyric to every song and demo, I think its time to end Miss Nicks' run with the Mac. If she doesn't want to play ball as a full time member then exit gracefully. I would've said the exact same thing about Lindsey in the 80s and Christine in the 90s if the situations had been the same. If anyone doesn't want to contribute to the band, then leave the band. 4 of the 5 want to do a record so you're outvoted. That simple.

But of course thats never going to happen because those 4 people want the legacy of the band to stay intact until the final curtain falls both on stage and in the studio so when you have 5 hardheaded people, what does that get the fans? Another cash-grab "hits" tour and a lackluster finale.

So be it.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Bingo. She's showing her hand and its clear that her artistic creativity is long dead. She's clearly in it for the money at this rate. If the legacy of FM is going to end as a 4-piece project, then tour as one too. As someone who has bought her albums, seen her solo countless times and knows every lyric to every song and demo, I think its time to end Miss Nicks' run with the Mac. If she doesn't want to play ball as a full time member then exit gracefully. I would've said the exact same thing about Lindsey in the 80s and Christine in the 90s if the situations had been the same. If anyone doesn't want to contribute to the band, then leave the band. 4 of the 5 want to do a record so you're outvoted. That simple.

But of course thats never going to happen because those 4 people want the legacy of the band to stay intact until the final curtain falls both on stage and in the studio so when you have 5 hardheaded people, what does that get the fans? Another cash-grab "hits" tour and a lackluster finale.

So be it.
I love Stevie, but I would love if Mick or John said no to the next tour UNLESS she took part in a new album. They should give her an ultimatum at this point.
F*ck that.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This basically confirms what I've always thought. She's dejected by the fact that albums don't sell and so she doesn't have the motivation to go in for the time and struggle of making a new FM album. I think it's been this way for a long time as well, I read a lot of her old interviews since around the time of In Your Dreams and I've always thought this.
Remember that radio interview she gave just after Street Angel in 1994? She was on a plane sitting near the producer Don Was, moping about the fact that music by the old farts wasn't selling well, so what was the point of recording again or even bothering to write any more songs?

This obsessive anxiety with record sales and customer response has haunted her for decades. On the other hand, then she says that making In Your Dreams was the most fun she's ever had in the studio. So what to believe? Everything she says? One year she's down on studios, the next year she's having a ball. There's no predicting her.

Quote:
It's a shame and a disappointment and I do hope they release it anyways but I can acknowledge it's very possible that that won't happen.
The Dance combines live playing of old songs and new songs. If they tour, they could always tour in a more controlled environment and play a bunch of new stuff, which you can sell online or in the trendy coffee houses. There's a billion ways to do things in music these days; you don't need to stick to the old paradigm. The five people in Fleetwood Mac have no idea how to be logistically innovative. They need a manager or an assistant in their camp to float the ideas.

Quote:
At least I think that Lindsey is comfortable in his solo projects so he'll be fine with it probably, if only disappointed, same with Christine, I think she might do a solo album as well sometime in the future.
I hope they don't all do that. Talk about your collective band "legacy" going down in flames. That's the 1990s all over again.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Remember that radio interview she gave just after Street Angel in 1994? She was on a plane sitting near the producer Don Was, moping about the fact that music by the old farts wasn't selling well, so what was the point of recording again or even bothering to write any more songs?

This obsessive anxiety with record sales and customer response has haunted her for decades. On the other hand, then she says that making In Your Dreams was the most fun she's ever had in the studio. So what to believe? Everything she says? One year she's down on studios, the next year she's having a ball. There's no predicting her.

The Dance combines live playing of old songs and new songs. If they tour, they could always tour in a more controlled environment and play a bunch of new stuff, which you can sell online or in the trendy coffee houses. There's a billion ways to do things in music these days; you don't need to stick to the old paradigm. The five people in Fleetwood Mac have no idea how to be logistically innovative. They need a manager or an assistant in their camp to float the ideas.

I hope they don't all do that. Talk about your collective band "legacy" going down in flames. That's the 1990s all over again.

I get what you're saying but I think she looks at her solo projects differently from FM because with her solo stuff she's in charge and can have everything how she wants (unless she's on klonopin and hates what she's doing lol), FM requires more struggle and so because of that she's less motivated to do it. And the fact that she had such a ball making IYD is I think part of the problem, now that she got that taste of such fun album making ("the best year of her life"), she doesn't want to compromise anymore to do something that won't give her that same joy.

But in essence I agree with you.

Also omg @ you replying to me when I used to lurk on here I was always like in awe of you because you know everything.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want the new music. Period. I don't care if it comes out as a four piece FM, or as a CM/LB duet. Just give us the music already!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Honestly, as much the phrase "self care" squicks me out, I think that's a big part of it. I don't see Stevie as money-hungry-- I see her as realizing what makes her happy & what brings her joy. She's 68. She doesn't have time to live for other people-- especially ones that she feels (whether righteously or not) disrespect her artistic integrity. Stevie is taking care of herself. Working with LB takes an emotional & artistic toll on her-- as much as many of us love him. If she's realized she's given enough to FM & can't do it anymore (whether the reason is emotional, artistic, whatever), I respect her for standing up for herself. As someone who's worshipped FM since I was 3 years old, I want new music so much it hurts. And my first instinct was to be mad at Stevie. I have been all day. But I came around to wanting to trust her. She is raw. She is emotional & intense & sensitive. Despite her faults, she is quite self-aware. She knows what she can & can't emotionally handle. Personally, I can't fault her for protecting herself. I might not be happy with this, but I respect her & think I can wrap my mind around WHY she would do this.