User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

OK, I don't think this will work (as I've tried ever other way I know of) but see if you guys can get these. This is the link for the Midnight Special '73 performance:

EDIT: I've taken the links out because my virus protection keeps freaking eveytime someone tries to D/L these (& they obvioulsy didn't work anyways so...), hopefully before too long I'll figure out the torrent stuff & post the audio & screenshots Steve MacD asks about later in this thread.

Hope it works.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-20-2006 at 08:09 AM..
Old 01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
You really need to read his first Q&A!
Thank you for that . I will go and check it out. Hey, I've been known to be wrong before.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Help! I keep getting an error message with the ms73 file.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Sorry, I'm at my wits end on this. I didn't think that would work but it was my last grasp at the straws. Hopefully I'll have time soon to learn how to do that torrent stuff more/better & I'll re-post, but until then...

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-18-2006 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
OK, I don't think this will work (as I've tried ever other way I know of) but see if you guys can get these. This is the link for the Midnight Special '73 performance:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...N2IIK1A3P588X1

...and this is the link for the "The bigger the love" from the uncut Switzerland '94 deal:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...R2JY3VAH8HT8H4

Hope it works.

John

Does one need a torrent program in order to access this file?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotized
Does one need a torrent program in order to access this file?
If the files had worked, yes, you would have needed a torrent program to download them.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wetcamelfood, is there any way you could post screen shots from the Midnight Special, and (maybe) post the audio? I could live with that!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Wetcamelfood, is there any way you could post screen shots from the Midnight Special, and (maybe) post the audio? I could live with that!
If someone tells me how to do it but it'll have to be in a week or two because I'm in the middle of a move right now.

John
Old 01-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I know alot of people talk about 1975 and 1977 being big years in Fleetwood Mac's history, but to me 1973 is a big year also. I mean they released 2 albums and had the Fake Fleetwood Mac thing hit at the end of the year. I was wondering, how did they manage to record two albums in the span of 6 months. If memory serves me right, Penguin was released in april or so and Mystery to me was in September. ANd also I believe Bare Trees was releaed in September of the previous year, so they were really crankin out the music in that years time. Just like to get peoples thoughts. Thank you.

"Fake Fleetwood Mac" thing? ( I'm clueless about pre-1975, for the most part, although I like much of the music. )

Anyway, I'm sure they worked very hard and had high-standards, but still, I think comparatively, it was somewhat less intense back then. Many more people involved post-1974, also, I bet. It brings to mind Mick's comment in Destiny Rules about "sometimes I wonder" (whether it's actually necessary to have a Record Company). Sort of a "too many cooks spoil the broth" kinda thing, perhaps....
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, ya know, Stevy wasn't around before 1975....
Old 01-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
"Fake Fleetwood Mac" thing? ( I'm clueless about pre-1975, for the most part, although I like much of the music. )

Anyway, I'm sure they worked very hard and had high-standards, but still, I think comparatively, it was somewhat less intense back then. Many more people involved post-1974, also, I bet. It brings to mind Mick's comment in Destiny Rules about "sometimes I wonder" (whether it's actually necessary to have a Record Company). Sort of a "too many cooks spoil the broth" kinda thing, perhaps....
How can you argue that it was less intense if you freely admit you're completely clueless about it?

Recording five albums in a little over three years, touring incessantly, firing three band members (one because mental problems, one because of creative incompatibility, and one because he was screwing the drummer's wife), and suing your record company because they sent a different band out on the road under your name sure sounds pretty intense to me.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker

I think Mick and John would freely admit to moments pre-1975 that at least matched anything that came after in the intensity stakes. Particularly trying to continue a tour while your guitarist is screwing your wife - I mean, how intense do you want? Also having your main songwriter (Kirwan) losing his marbles and everyone not speaking to him for months - do you sack him or wait and hope he gets back to normal? And like having Jeremy Spencer just disappear into nowhere mid-tour, and you have to take a few days out to find him, thinking maybe he's dead... apart from the aforementioned manager-hiring-new-guys-to-impersonate-you-without-you-knowing trip...

I know that things got pretty wound up in the late 70s, but by then Mac was absolutely no stranger to intensity
Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
I think Mick and John would freely admit to moments pre-1975 that at least matched anything that came after in the intensity stakes. Particularly trying to continue a tour while your guitarist is screwing your wife - I mean, how intense do you want? Also having your main songwriter (Kirwan) losing his marbles and everyone not speaking to him for months - do you sack him or wait and hope he gets back to normal? And like having Jeremy Spencer just disappear into nowhere mid-tour, and you have to take a few days out to find him, thinking maybe he's dead... apart from the aforementioned manager-hiring-new-guys-to-impersonate-you-without-you-knowing trip...

I know that things got pretty wound up in the late 70s, but by then Mac was absolutely no stranger to intensity
Which makes the fact that they're still around today all the more amazing.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Experiment

OK, I'm experimenting with YouTube

Hopefully ths link will give you guys the link to see "Miles away" from the '73 Midnight Special:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Miles-Away?v=VDaDKiAsyms

If not go to www.youtube.com and search for Fleetwood Mac Miles Away & I'm sure it'll come up.

Unfortunately "Believe me" is more than the 100MB size that YouTube allows (as is the "Bigger the love" Switzerland '94 clip I was going to post here for ChiliD as requested earlier in this thread or a reasonbale facsimilie), but maybe if Miles Away works I can at least post MOST of those other 2 tracks there if I trim some off of those so they'll then be under the 100MB size.

Fingers crossed anyways.

John
Old 02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
OK, I'm experimenting with YouTube

Hopefully ths link will give you guys the link to see "Miles away" from the '73 Midnight Special:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Miles-Away?v=VDaDKiAsyms

If not go to www.youtube.com and search for Fleetwood Mac Miles Away & I'm sure it'll come up.

Unfortunately "Believe me" is more than the 100MB size that YouTube allows (as is the "Bigger the love" Switzerland '94 clip I was going to post here for ChiliD as requested earlier in this thread or a reasonbale facsimilie), but maybe if Miles Away works I can at least post MOST of those other 2 tracks there if I trim some off of those so they'll then be under the 100MB size.

Fingers crossed anyways.

John

ahh, that was scrumptious. thanks for posting that, John.

-Lis