Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Now that I think of it...

I would have to add the May 1,1990 Queensryche/Suicidal Tendencies concert in Tulsa, OK (Expo Square Pavilion) to my list of concerts ya cant forget...Mainly cause Queensryche had an "offnight" and were so boring to watch (Even though they played "Operation:Mindcrime" in its entirety) that I walked on 'em as they played (Never happened before or since).

Suicidal Tendencies (With the future Metallica bassist Rob Trujillo) on the otherhand MURDERED the crowd, Talk about moshpit deluxe, The barriers in front of the stage were battered with fans trying to take flight to the stage. Hell I got the living **** kicked outta the back of my head (I saw stars!!!) by some a-hole's Doc Marten's as he tried to clear us front row 'bangers...So I had my bud's in security (Who the metalhead clique I hung with knew on a first name basis) lift me over the barrier to escape the madness that ensued to only discover I had some blood trickling down my head.

How I forgot this show is beyond me, Maybe still feeling some post-concussion syndrome

Brian "\m/>_<\m/ Once a metal head...Always a metal head" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=skcin]1/2 insane - I am extremely jealous of you.

Paula

[QUOTE]
I just counted all my ticket stubs. I keep the ones I didn’t lose in a book. From 1975-2003. 73 concerts. 8 Fleetwood Mac and 12 Stevie. Not including the Disney ones and concerts I used to go to at The Peabody Hotel in Orlando. They had sunset serenade shows every other weekend by the swimming pool. I saw Firefall, Hall+Oats, Billy Thorp, Foreigner, and a bunch of others at this place. Now I’m old and wrinkled.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
Boston 1/7/79 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida. 7 of us spent two weeks partying and traveling from Key West up the East Coast to Daytona Beach writing bad checks.

Bob Segar 4/5/80 Tangerine Bowl, Orlando, Florida. Great show and crowd.

Heart 5/18/81 Tangerine Bowl. I got separated from friends and didn’t see them again for days.

Rolling Stones 10/25/81 Tangerine Bowl. Huge crowd of party animals.

Molly Hatchet 12/4/83 Tom’s Point After Lounge. Union Park, Florida. Coke, coke and more coke. I don’t remember what USFL Football team showed up but they started hitting on the local girls and a huge fight broke out. Police raid with dogs and teargas shot into the lounge. The good old days.

Bad Man Competition 4/6/84 Orlando Sports Arena. Beat the living **** out of a guy any way you want and it’s legal. Lots of beer and topless woman. Police raided the show and there was a riot. The arena never opened again.

Now to the real music.

Stevie Nicks w/ Peter Frampton 8/8/86 Ocean Center, Daytona Beach, Florida. A buddy and I met two women on the beach from California that had just returned from Columbia South America. They had a trash bag full of coca leaves. We hung out in front of The Ocean Deck Bar drinking beer, smoking and chewing on coca leaves all day. I’ve never screwed a woman for so long in my life. The concert was sold out and an amazing show. We chewed more leaves afterwards LOL.

Fleetwood Mac 11/4/87 Leon County Civic Center. Tallahassee, Florida. I bought a brand new truck that morning and drove 4 hours to the show. First concert totally straight. Didn’t want to wreck my truck. They rocked the place.

Stevie Nicks 9/8/01 Sovereign Center, Reading, PA. The first Stevie concert I’ve ever been to and understood how it felt to be enchanted by Stevie in a way only Stevie can. An elderly fellow walking outside asked me “What the hell just happened in there with a daze in his eyes. He was possessed and Stevie owned him LOL. It was the grand reopening for the center so the crowd was all ages. Super friendly town and good hearted people. God that was a great show. Stevie rocked that place to the bone. The next day the town was still in shock.

There were many concerts in between this list but I can’t remember a damn thing. Oh I know how to sneak into Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Went to a lot of concerts there but only to get laid by horny young tourist girls. What is it about young girls on vacation? They so hawney.
OMIGOD, that was you!!??? Jist kidding.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

5. Stevie Nicks ~ Kansas City, KS 1998

i was @ this same show!!!~

blessed be~
Old 11-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
OMIGOD, that was you!!??? Jist kidding.
“It could have been you sweet thang.” I had a few friends that worked for Disney. I’ve been in the tunnels underneath and know The Magic Kingdom like the back of my hand. There are a ****load of places to have sex there. I’m not sure if security is the same now, but my most memorable adventure was in the fake woods on The Jungle Cruise ride.

It was at night and I took this fine young darling behind a barrier and down into the fake woods. We walked into the woods further then I thought and started doing the Bubaaloo. A boat full of tourists came around the corner shining it’s light in the woods as part of the show. The light hit us screwing and the operator said “Sorry folks that’s not part of our show.” He sure kept that light shining on us though. Damn those were the fun years.

I hope you weren’t the one that gave me crabs. If it was you? “I’d like some more.”

Enough talk about sex. Lets talk about luvvv.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
“It could have been you sweet thang.” I had a few friends that worked for Disney. I’ve been in the tunnels underneath and know The Magic Kingdom like the back of my hand. There are a ****load of places to have sex there. I’m not sure if security is the same now, but my most memorable adventure was in the fake woods on The Jungle Cruise ride.

It was at night and I took this fine young darling behind a barrier and down into the fake woods. We walked into the woods further then I thought and started doing the Bubaaloo. A boat full of tourists came around the corner shining it’s light in the woods as part of the show. The light hit us screwing and the operator said “Sorry folks that’s not part of our show.” He sure kept that light shining on us though. Damn those were the fun years.

I hope you weren’t the one that gave me crabs. If it was you? “I’d like some more.”

Enough talk about sex. Lets talk about luvvv.

Well, truthfully, since i was born in 74, it probably wasn't me...that does sound fun, though. good job. I've only expressed my outside tendencies in Chico...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
5. Stevie Nicks ~ Kansas City, KS 1998

i was @ this same show!!!~

blessed be~
AWESOME! I loved that show so much! I wish I could relive that moment!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

(1) Fleetwood Mac, Knoxville, TN, Sept. 2003---First time they had ever played K-Town. Front row in front of Lindsey, got my Buckingham Nicks album signed, talked to Lindsey, played his guitar, got his towel----best night of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

(2) Paul McCartney, Raleigh, NC, Oct. 2002, I saw Paul from the front row center with my best friend. WOW! I still can't believe I was that close to a Beatle. He still sounds fabulous; just like he always has!

(3) Fleetwood Mac, Memphis, TN, Nov. 1997, It was the reunion, of course. I was third row center at the Pyramid. It was magic!!!!!!!!!!!

(4) Fleetwood Mac, Nashville, TN, May 2004, Front row in front of Lindsey, got to talk to him, and he signed my Go Insane album. Great second time, front row experience.

(5) It is a tie: (a) Prince, Knoxville, TN, April 2004, I was on the 18th row, the concert was great. My friend and I went to the after party, and he came out into the crowd for awhile. We got to see him really, really close up. That was really cool.

and (b) Madonna, Atlanta, GA, July 2004, That concert was a real show. Besides Madonna herself, we had all these dancers, videos, elaborate stage construction, costumes, etc. That made it just even more amazing!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 11-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Oh, Curtis.

What?!?! I have no shame when it comes to my NSYNC love <3

Old 11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

These are all Mac related. I guess not any surprise.

1. Madison, WI May 8th 2004. It was my birthday. I had front row right in front of Lindsey. I was his 'Come Girl" and I got his towel and it was just a great night over all despite the fact that I almost ran him over in the hotel driveway.

2. Phoenix, AZ Dec. 6th, 2001 This was the Stevie Nicks and Friends benefit for the Arizona Heart Institute. I had front row and it was my first front row show ever. I really got an eye full of Stevie! I got to meet her and get autographs after the show.

3. Los Angeles. CA July 12, 2003. This was my first trip to LA. I had attended the show the night before and had second row. I went to the box office the evening of the show and got front row! This was a dream come true. My seat was right in front of Stevie but I ditched her and stood in front of Lindsey. He pointed me out during the show. I was embarassed but it was a good thing. I had no idea that I was going to be there so I did not bring anything to be signed. I had Lindsey sign my ticket. He did a really bad job and said " Gee, thats not very good is it"? DUH! I have that ticket right here on my computer desk.

4. Camden, NJ Sept 12, 2004 This was the next to the last show of the SYW tour and it was my last. It was very emotional show for the fans and for the band. Enough said.

5. Boston, MA March 1993 I am not 100% sure of the date. It was on a Friday I know that much. Lindsey on his OOTC tour. I was too shy to go up to the front so I was kind of in the middle but I had a great time. I had such a great time that I wanted to go to CT the next night but it was not meant to be.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Honorable mention

Boston, MA Sept 23 and 24th

The first show was the LIB taping the next night was the actually show. I was near the front near LB on both nights. I played LB's guitar the second night for the first time. It is not in the video thankfully. They used the first night footage for that and I was totally squished that night. It is funny because on the LIB video you can a section of us die hard fans all together in the same row. On the second night we had to stay near out seats until we were let up around Rhiannon I think.

Chicago, IL Sept 15, 2003

Lindsey's Soundstage. Amazing! Can't believe that I was actually there. I am still waiting for the video Lindsey.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 11-13-2004 at 01:38 PM..
Old 11-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fm (2)
Usfest (aka Mudfest)
Pink Floyd
Gnr
Journey
Old 11-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In no particular order:

1. Fleetwood Mac, Hartford, CT 9/97- opening night of The Dance tour. Awesome show, everyone was spot on!

2. Jazz Passengers with Debbie Harry, '94 in New York- Very interesting show. A lot of improv and on-the-spot stuff; loved it.

3. Fleetwood Mac, Boston, MA 9/24/03- Best Mac show I've attended. The band and the crowd were both in overdrive.

4. Blondie, Boston, 5/04- All I can say is that it was fabulous. Awesome and rare songs and her voice is still pristine.

5. Aimee Mann, Northampton, MA, 9/00- LOVE her. Did almost every song from Magnolia, plus a bunch of old tunes. She's captivating.

Old 11-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

1. Fleetwood Mac, Hartford, CT 9/97- opening night of The Dance tour. Awesome show, everyone was spot on!

I was at this show, too. I had a better time at the 2 Mansfield shows right after however. Seating location has a lot to do with it.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I was at this show, too. I had a better time at the 2 Mansfield shows right after however. Seating location has a lot to do with it.
That venue in Hartford sucks, but it has much better sound than the Mansfield one, IMO. Back in '97, I was so happy to be seeing them that I didn't really pay any attention to anything else.