User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Top 5

Sheesh, this is difficult...as I love every single concert I've been too.

1. FM - Birmingham, England (My first England show....LB came out with a vengance and we made a serious connection that show. Hee!)

2. NKOTB - Dallas, Texas (My first concert, EVER. I was so excited to see Joe McIntyre. My mom and I had 14th row for that one!)

3. FM - Dallas, Texas (My first FM show...my adrenaline was off the charts during the entire show!)

4. Michael W. Smith - Dallas, Texas (DC Talk opened the show and WOW, I became hooked on them immediately. Smitty gave a terrific performance too!)

5. Keith Urban - Grand Prairie, Texas (He sang two of my fave songs and gave an amazing performance! After the show, he came out to say hello to us.

Dangit, I forgot the Houston FM show, which was greatness because Lindsey and I made connections again, I gave him the book and poster I made and people tell me I was on the giant screen....and he showed the book to Stevie...yeah, well, I didn't see either of those things, dammit. LOL

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 11-12-2004 at 02:17 AM..
Old 11-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha..I don't have 5 I can think of! Having said that I do remember 3..in no particular order

1) Pink Floyd-Pulse Tour in Paris 1994
2) FM - in London November 2003
3) and yes, this one will seriously date me!!!
Gary Glitter and the Glitterband-Wellington NZ 1974?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are mine:

1. FM-- Madison 2004 (FRONT ROW AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE)
2. SN --Pittsburgh 7-6-2001 (God, I love opening nights )
3. Jimmy Buffet-- 2003 Miami (Buffet is a God!)
4. Billy Joel/Elton John --Ft. Lauderdale 2002
5. Heart-- West Palm beach 2003 (I love the front row )

~Alex

Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You asked for five, dude.

1. Rickie Lee Jones, Troubador, L.A. 1982
2. Fleetwood Mac, Irvine Meadows, L.A. 1982
3. Springsteen, Coliseum, L.A. 1984
4. U2, US Festival, Inland Empire 1983
5. Stevie Nicks, Forum, L.A. 1983

How weird . . . they're all within the same few years. I didn't plan that!
I was at that Springsteen concert! Well, one of them during that time, didn't he do 2 or 3 shows that week? A lot of those live cuts made his boxed set!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Here are mine:

1. FM-- Madison 2004 (FRONT ROW AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE)

~Alex
That concert was surreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget in my life much less anythine soon, that BRILLIANT version of Sara that left my jaw on the floor!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Five? Wow, that's gonna be hard to narrow down to just five....

1. KISS - December 7, 1977, St. Louis, Checkerdome - My first - you never forget your first!

2. Stevie Nicks - TISL tour - 2nd night in Vegas at the Aladdin. Front row. Got my pic taken holding hands with Stevie. I had a dream last nite that one of my bosses received an invitation for a Mac New Year's Eve concert at the Aladdin for this year, which included 10 tickets. It was a corporate show for Hertz. Of course, he gave it to me, and I was squealing with glee!

3. The Who - Stevie Ray Vaughan opened for 'em. Dallas, TX - Cottonbowl - around 1989?

4. Pink Floyd - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome - 1992-ish?

5. The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels tour - San Antonio - Alamodome - 199?.

Guess I need to go thru my ticket stubs for the exact dates...if I do that, I'll probably change my mind too!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I haven't seen any rock concerts recently. I've kind of stopped going.
I know what you mean, David. I used to go to several each year when I was younger, but I don't really want to spend the $$ anymore

That being said:

1. FM L.A. rehearsal Culver City Studios 4/26/03 - I'll never forget hearing everything live before the tour actually started

2. Family Values Tour HSBC Arena Buffalo, NY 2001/2 (?) STP, Staind, Linkin Park: Not because it was so good, but because Weiland was such a d*ck - he was high as a kite & really disrespecting fans. You said memorable, not good!

3. SN Cuyahoga Falls, OH 7/01 - the only Stevie solo show I've been to. I absolutely loved it.

4. ZZ Top & Black Crowes Buffalo Memorial Auditorium 1989/90 (?) It was just a really awesome show, I wasn't even that big of a fan, but my friends & I still talk about how good it was. We had a blast.

5. Tesla & Jackyl at The Funhouse (a small club in Lackawanna, NY)2002/3 (?) - just incredible; small venue, the band was tight, good sound. I'd pay to go see them again in a heartbeat (I mean Tesla - hubby is the Jackyl fan, not me!)

Paula
Old 11-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Dangit, I forgot the Houston FM show, which was greatness because Lindsey and I made connections again, I gave him the book and poster I made and people tell me I was on the giant screen....and he showed the book to Stevie...yeah, well, I didn't see either of those things, dammit. LOL
I saw that!! You were maybe five feet away from me before they opened the gates, too -- why in the world didn't I say hi? I'm such a dork.

I'd make a list, but I only have three so far, lol! FM Dallas '03 was the best, though -- I had my wisdom teeth out the week before and I was still on pain meds and xanax... I don't remember much of the concert, but I know I had a good time

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger
Old 11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1) Fleetwood Mac, Camden, NJ, 9/12/04 (front)
2) Fleetwood Mac, Atlanta, GA, 5/15/04 (front/side)
3) Fleetwood Mac, Washington, DC, 10/2/03 (6th)
4) Fleetwood Mac, Greensboro, NC, 9/10/03 (front)
5) Fleetwood Mac, Charlotte, NC, 5/20/04 (front)

I don't get out much.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I know what you mean, David. I used to go to several each year when I was younger, but I don't really want to spend the $$ anymore
David doesn't want to go to rock shows anymore because he'd want to swat all the young hooligans with his cane and/or newspapers and grumble under his breath about wanting tawny port, his smoking jacket, and the new issue of the Atlantic Monthly.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
David doesn't want to go to rock shows anymore because he'd want to swat all the young hooligans with his cane and/or newspapers and grumble under his breath about wanting tawny port, his smoking jacket, and the new issue of the Atlantic Monthly.

He's not alone in that.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Tour dates....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Five? Wow, that's gonna be hard to narrow down to just five....

1. KISS - December 7, 1977, St. Louis, Checkerdome - My first - you never forget your first!

2. Stevie Nicks - TISL tour - 2nd night in Vegas at the Aladdin. Front row. Got my pic taken holding hands with Stevie. I had a dream last nite that one of my bosses received an invitation for a Mac New Year's Eve concert at the Aladdin for this year, which included 10 tickets. It was a corporate show for Hertz. Of course, he gave it to me, and I was squealing with glee!

3. The Who - Stevie Ray Vaughan opened for 'em. Dallas, TX - Cottonbowl - around 1989?

4. Pink Floyd - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome - 1992-ish?

5. The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels tour - San Antonio - Alamodome - 199?.

Guess I need to go thru my ticket stubs for the exact dates...if I do that, I'll probably change my mind too!
Pink Floyd April 3,1994-San Antonio, TX

The Who-Sept.3,1989-Dallas, TX (This show was broadcast worldwide on the radio...An a great sounding show at that!)

Also, Bruce Springsteen recorded the late Sept/Early Oct 1985 shows from the Coliseum in L.A. (Wished the professional versions of these shows would appear in the trading circles.)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, Brian! LOL I have that Who concert, it IS a good one!

And the '85 Springsteen show is the one I went to, not '84.

Do you have a boot of the PF concert I went to?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Do you have a boot of the PF concert I went to?
I have seen the Pink Floyd '94 San Antonio floating around, But I currently do not have it in my collection (That will probably change in the near future)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Metallica & Guns N Roses - My friend and I were at the Three Rivers Stadium up in the second level of seats talking about how we would do anything to get floor seats when a nice man and his son came up to us and asked if we would trade tickets with him. We ended up 13 rows back center floor and the show was amazing! Metallica rocked harder than I have ever heard a band rock before and Guns N Roses were kick a**. I was 14 at the time and it was my first concert and the first time I realized that chicks took off their tops to be on the jumbo screen. LOL.
2. Fleetwood Mac - The Dance Tour - September, 1997 Pittsburgh PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. I just watched The Dance on MTV and was blown away at these 5 wonderful musicians and the chemistry they still had. I bought the cd and went to the concert and never looked back since. Great, great show!!
3. Stevie Nicks - Enchanted Tour - June 6, 1998, Pittsburgh, PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. My first solo Stevie show ever. I had 9th row on the right side and got up front at the end and it was amazing. Outside the Rain made my night and I cried when I heard HAEWAFY. Stevie rocked the house!!
4. Stevie Nicks - Trouble In Shangri-la Tour July 6, 2001, Pittsburgh PA, Post Gazette Pavilion. I couldnt believe she opened the tour in my city. I love Stevie and Sheryl and this concert just blew me away. I will never forget the feeling I felt when the TISL opener started. AMAZING. Before the show I got the mail and noticed a package from Warner Brothers and found out that I won a Stevie autographed tambourine and lyric booklet. I almost cried I was soo excited.
5. Fleetwood Mac Say You Will Tour - May 10 Pittsburgh PA for the emotion of the experience. Say Goodbye was the best I have ever heard and Beautiful Child blew me away the first time I got to hear it live.
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will Tour - September 20 Toronto. I got 2nd row seats 5 days before the show and then got my ticket signed by Lindsey at the show. The band rocked soo hard and it was great. I will never forget that show. Toronto was soo happy to have the Mac in their town.
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will Tour - September 12, Camden NJ. Next to the last stop on the tour and it was the best I have ever heard of them. Each experience was different but this was the best. I got to hear Sara live and I almost lost it. That song is my life and I will never forget that moment. Long live the Mac.