User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
There are Row F tickets for London available at See Tickets.
Thanks for posting that seetickets had tickets, just got some semi decent royal circle seats for London, ticketbas#$#+ were living up to their name as usual, nearly resorted to eBay

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really think Ticketmaster need taking to task - they really are appalling. They just seem to upset everyone all the time. The way they operate is disgusting!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
Thanks for posting that seetickets had tickets, just got some semi decent royal circle seats for London, ticketbas#$#+ were living up to their name as usual, nearly resorted to eBay
You're welcome. Happy to help. Glad you didn't have to resort to ebay - have you seen how much they want. I have listed Row J for Gateshead as I managed to pull up front row this morning but will be happy to get back what I paid.

Last edited by gfd1963; 09-09-2011 at 03:20 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I really think Ticketmaster need taking to task - they really are appalling. They just seem to upset everyone all the time. The way they operate is disgusting!
When I was searching frantically in the 02 presale (which links to Ticketmaster I think) after a while I couldn't get access to tickets on the site or access Ticketmaster direct for hours. I left it for a while thinking the site was down but when I got friends to check they managed to get on with no problems. After googling I found many, many stories of people searching for tickets on there losing access to Ticketmaster for over a day and losing out on tickets

Last edited by gfd1963; 09-09-2011 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear people had such bad luck with Ticketmaster.ie this morning. I was extremely lucky this time (presale for the Dublin Meet and Greet, dumb luck for Belfast) but have been let down lots of times in the last few years. In fact, I can't shake the fear that something has gone wrong and there's been a mistake!
Between Ticketmaster and O2, they've got it all stitched up for live music in this country

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Dublin and Belfast all the same - here's hoping they'll be magical nights from any angle!

Last edited by Sahara; 09-09-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Ticketmaster are a horrible business. When the Mac were playing the O2 in Dublin last year I got tickets as soon as they went on sale and they were about half way back. About a month before the gig I checked again and 4 tickets together in the second row came up! I was out outraged that they didn't put all of the tickets on sale as soon as the gig was onsale. They're not a very transparent business. If I had the option of using a rival service then I really would.
That was a dreadful business altogether. I got 10th row in the O2 in 2009 as soon as they went on sale at 9am, only to hear later that front row popped up around 11am. I understand why they would hold the best tickets for Premium Club members or whatever and release these nearer the time, but releasing them a few hours into the sale makes no sense - unless they're deliberately trying to screw over the die-hard fans who will be there at 9am.

When the revolution comes, they're the first to go!

By the way, for those who bought Meet and Greet tickets, were you assigned a seat number? Mine just says GENAD.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post

By the way, for those who bought Meet and Greet tickets, were you assigned a seat number? Mine just says GENAD.
Yeah thats all mine said too, i dont know a damn what that means. Glad you got ur tickets, DW suite got his and it says a seat number and all ???
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Yeah thats all mine said too, i dont know a damn what that means. Glad you got ur tickets, DW suite got his and it says a seat number and all ???
From what Viv told me, the meet and greet tickets are standing room only. That's for the Leeds venue. Obviously I don't know if your venues have room for standing or if it's all seating based.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Maybe because we were in the presale? Strange since you and DWSuite are both Belfast. We'd better still get our promised front row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
From what Viv told me, the meet and greet tickets are standing room only. That's for the Leeds venue. Obviously I don't know if your venues have room for standing or if it's all seating based.
Thanks for that, Bee - the Dublin show is all seated and the Meet and Greet specified a front row seat. (Although if we got to stand for the whole thing, that would be even sweeter! Not going to happen in the Olympia, though, unfortunately.)
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe because we were in the presale? Strange since you and DWSuite are both Belfast. We'd better still get our promised front row!

Thanks for that, Bee - the Dublin show is all seated and the Meet and Greet specified a front row seat. (Although if we got to stand for the whole thing, that would be even sweeter! Not going to happen in the Olympia, though, unfortunately.)
did they state how many meet and greet tix are avail at each venue? was there a limit?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
did they state how many meet and greet tix are avail at each venue? was there a limit?
I should think there would be a cap on how many tickets are available. I mean, the guy is meant to get around everybody and sign an autograph as well as pose for a photo and the odd bit of banter. He can't stretch himself too thin before a performance.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
They didn't, but the package includes a front row ticket and there are only 30 seats in the front row at the Olympia. I imagine the number of M&G packages is a lot smaller, though.

I've just looked at Ticketmaster again and it says the seats are to be allocated later. I might just give them a buzz tomorrow and see what the story is!

EDIT: I know the main thing is meeting Lindsey, but damn it to blazes I love front row

Last edited by Sahara; 09-09-2011 at 06:51 PM..
Old 09-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're welcome. Happy to help. Glad you didn't have to resort to ebay - have you seen how much they want. I have listed Row J for Gateshead as I managed to pull up front row this morning but will be happy to get back what I paid.
Well done on Front Row, that will be a blast, saw Fleetwood Mac front row on the Say You Will tour in 2003, never experienced a concert like that again, still remember Lindsey holding his guitar down for the fans to try and play (me included) during GYOW, handshakes, album signings, overall a great never beaten experience, have fun.....

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's awful. I can only imagine how disappointed and angry you are. Dodfather had a similar experience yesterday for Edinburgh. It's a shame nothing is done to compensate. Did you settle for the row 16 tickets or find better?

Edit: Just read your post Peestie. It's dreadful. Is Ticketmaster your only option in Ireland?
I did have a similar experience and, while I started with row B in the stalls, I ended up with Row L because it wouldn't verify until the 3rd attempt. It's still not a bad ticket at all though so I'm happy. I'm not as unlucky as others - I feel for them!!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
They didn't, but the package includes a front row ticket and there are only 30 seats in the front row at the Olympia. I imagine the number of M&G packages is a lot smaller, though.
You could be right there, Bee. There are about 30 seats in the front row at Gateshead and I was lucky enough to get a couple at normal price without the M&G package. I bought on line direct from the venue which showed there were about half a dozen available at normal price on Row A. This was the minute they went on general sale.

Gill.