The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:26 AM
Ledgie

Can someone please point me to the latest article that talks about them recording a new album? I find this very unlikely to happen, and an even sadder ending to all this drama if it does.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Can someone please point me to the latest article that talks about them recording a new album? I find this very unlikely to happen, and an even sadder ending to all this drama if it does.
It's all speculation. That's why the OP put "new album" in quotations.

Why do you find it unlikely? Stevie was never going to record with Lindsey again- she was given the opportunity to contribute to their album and she didn't, which was why it became Buckingham McVie rather than FM. Now Lindsey is gone.

I can see some Lindsey fans are going to be furious if FM releases a new album. Lindsey has already said he's planning to release an album next year. It's a win-win for me, 2 albums by 2 great acts.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here is the article that discusses new music from the new lineup.

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/ente...8e63c3017.html
Old 10-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting the link. I read an article like this that contains the standard calculating responses by Mick and I honestly feel sick to my stomach. I know there are many of you who are happy or at least willing to go along with this new lineup but I just don’t get it. I’m really trying to see your point of view, but how can you as fans support this? They tossed there creative leader out like he was garbage and now we are all supposed to just go along with a band playing covers and pay $300? I just can’t stand by silently seeing how wronged Lindsey Buckingham was here knowing how much of his life he devoted to this band. How can you guys as long time fans?

I would be surprised if there was new music by this group. Watch Campbell’s instagram account. He pushes the Dirty Knobs in every other video. Don’t think he is in this for the long haul, I could be wrong.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for posting the link. I read an article like this that contains the standard calculating responses by Mick and I honestly feel sick to my stomach. I know there are many of you who are happy or at least willing to go along with this new lineup but I just don’t get it. I’m really trying to see your point of view, but how can you as fans support this? They tossed there creative leader out like he was garbage and now we are all supposed to just go along with a band playing covers and pay $300? I just can’t stand by silently seeing how wronged Lindsey Buckingham was here knowing how much of his life he devoted to this band. How can you guys as long time fans?

I would be surprised if there was new music by this group. Watch Campbell’s instagram account. He pushes the Dirty Knobs in every other video. Don’t think he is in this for the long haul, I could be wrong.
I feel the exact same way you do wilsonmac.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Old 10-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I object to this album! I will NOT buy it! No, I say!
Old 10-28-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Have you heard the Richard & Teddy Thompson version?
I have indeed....and I don't like it

If you HAVE to have someone cover that song, I prefer Stellar's version with a female vocal, compared to the Thompson version despite him being a co-writer

Last edited by Angel75; 10-28-2018 at 05:17 PM..
Old 10-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they WERE to record a new album, I would love to imagine the web of nonsense Stevie would spin about why they did it. "We just all felt so inspired by the new band blah blah blah" Fact is, reporters (since she and her team set conditions for interviews, or request the tapes/transcripts so they can edit out what they don't like) will likely not be allowed to bring out her past statements about how she doesn't record because people don't buy albums blah blah and ask her to explain what's changed. You can't question the queen.

I would respect her more if, should they do a new album, she actually cuts the bulls*t and says "I didn't want to record with Lindsey".

Her saying this may in some way be impacted however by the lawsuit and its outcome.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I guess it's just perspective. Being a teenager when Lindsey left in 1987, I was devastated, freaked out, depressed, you name it, but I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey for leaving the band. When FM added Billy and Rick for the tour, I skipped the tour, because I felt it wasn't really FM. Then I read all the reviews, and then later I bought their Greatest Hits and fell in love with As Long As You Follow, which gave me hope that a new album by FM would be worth checking out. And when Save Me came out, I was hooked again, just like when I heard Big Love for the first time on the radio. So for me, there was life for FM after Lindsey left. But, I didn't feel the same way when Time came out. However, I didn't hate or begrudge FM for recording Time without Lindsey, Stevie, or Rick. And I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey when he vetoed letting Christine record songs with them for Say You Will. Likewise, I don't hate or begrudge FM for firing Lindsey. Nor do I hate or begrudge Lindsey for suing FM. And just like I gave FM a chance when Lindsey left, and then when Stevie and Rick left, and then when Dave Mason and Bekka joined, and then when Christine left, I'm going to give them a chance now with Lindsey gone and Neil and Mike on board.

Wilsonmac, I don't expect you to change your mind based on my response, but I hope you CAN see how I, as a fan, could support this latest incarnation of FM.

Last edited by bwboy; 10-28-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Old 10-28-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
If they WERE to record a new album, I would love to imagine the web of nonsense Stevie would spin about why they did it. "We just all felt so inspired by the new band blah blah blah" Fact is, reporters (since she and her team set conditions for interviews, or request the tapes/transcripts so they can edit out what they don't like) will likely not be allowed to bring out her past statements about how she doesn't record because people don't buy albums blah blah and ask her to explain what's changed. You can't question the queen.

I would respect her more if, should they do a new album, she actually cuts the bulls*t and says "I didn't want to record with Lindsey".

Her saying this may in some way be impacted however by the lawsuit and its outcome.
I felt the exact same way when Lindsey completely denied to an interviewer that the Buck/Vie album was NEVER meant to be a Fleetwood Mac album. His agent even interrupted and told the interviewer to move on from the subject or the interview was over. Pretty much exactly what you say you know would happen in an interview with Stevie already happened with Lindsey- all of them will lie, for whatever reason. If you think setting perimeters in an interview makes Stevie the queen, then I guess that makes Lindsey the king.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess it's just perspective. Being a teenager when Lindsey left in 1987, I was devastated, freaked out, depressed, you name it, but I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey for leaving the band. When FM added Billy and Rick for the tour, I skipped the tour, because I felt it wasn't really FM. Then I read all the reviews, and then later I bought their Greatest Hits and fell in love with As Long As You Follow, which gave me hope that a new album by FM would be worth checking out. And when Save Me came out, I was hooked again, just like when I heard Big Love for the first time on the radio. So for me, there was life for FM after Lindsey left. But, I didn't feel the same way when Time came out. However, I didn't hate or begrudge FM for recording Time without Lindsey, Stevie, or Rick. And I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey when he vetoed letting Christine record songs with them for Say You Will. Likewise, I don't hate or begrudge FM for firing Lindsey. Nor do I hate or begrudge Lindsey for suing FM. And just like I gave FM a chance when Lindsey left, and then when Stevie and Rick left, and then when Dave Mason and Bekka joined, and then when Christine left, I'm going to give them a chance now with Lindsey gone and Neil and Mike on board.

Wilsonmac, I don't expect you to change your mind based on my response, but I hope you CAN see how I, as a fan, could support this latest incarnation of FM.
This!!! Well, except for Time. That was when Stevie was at her worst, thanks to Klonopin, so I was happy Bekka was there. And Dave Mason seemed like a step up, at least in terms of name recognition. Plus, I was also a big Delaney & Bonnie fan. I wish they had done a proper tour for the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This!!! Well, except for Time. That was when Stevie was at her worst, thanks to Klonopin, so I was happy Bekka was there. And Dave Mason seemed like a step up, at least in terms of name recognition. Plus, I was also a big Delaney & Bonnie fan. I wish they had done a proper tour for the album.
I really wanted to like Time but I just couldn't get into it. I had the same problem with In the Meantime by Christine. I gave it a real chance but again, I just couldn't get into it. I know both albums have their fans, though. I have a concert video with Belinda Carlisle, and Bekka is featured prominently as a backup singer. Might be worth checking out, depending on how much of a fan you are of Bekka (or Belinda Carlisle).

My brother saw the Time incarnation of FM live and he said it was a good concert and specifically mentioned a song by Bekka as a highlight, though I have no idea what the name of it was.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a joke. Last year with BuckVie was the ONLY time they should have recorded an album. Chris' voice has deteriorated by A LOT in the last 3 years and is nearing 80!!!!! A fog horn has more range then Stevie does now.