The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Default Neal Preston contacted me today

It may have been a prank from an overzealous newbie, but I received a brief message in my YouTube inbox from a member claiming to be rock photographer Neal Preston. He said he was honored that I made a video using his pictures of Stevie. He joined the site today, and states his age as 55.

How am I supposed to respond to him? I'm not even entirely sure if it's the real Neal Preston, and if it is, whether I should beg him to release a coffee table book of some sort. He's taken plenty of awesome pictures, and of the entire band too. I think this could be a real opportunity to get him connected with fans

If you haven't heard of him, go here:

http://www.corbis.com

and type "Neal Preston Fleetwood Mac" in the search area.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tell Neal we can help him correct some of the wrong dates he has on his FM photos on Corbis.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Thanks for that website~ I had it once on my old computer til that crashed~ I had 2~ This one and another one that had like a million old mac photos from the 70's and it was some strange guys name or something and you could order from it~ does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about?Someone gave us a link or something from here or the enchanted group or somewhere~ I've tried to look up Mac professional photos and vintage photos on the web and can't seem to find this site~ Does anyone know?
Jenni
Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Well, I finally gathered the courage to respond to "Neal," whether it's him or not. Hopefully I'll get a response sometime tomorrow. I hope I'm not having my leg pulled.

Hey, at least I didn't say that I contacted Neal, and started a 40-page thread detailing my attempt to actually contact him!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Well, I finally gathered the courage to respond to "Neal," whether it's him or not. Hopefully I'll get a response sometime tomorrow. I hope I'm not having my leg pulled.

Hey, at least I didn't say that I contacted Neal, and started a 40-page thread detailing my attempt to actually contact him!
Hilarious!

Anyway, I've spoken to him once, and for whatever reason I don't think sending you a message praising you for "illegaly" using his photos in a slideshow is something he'd go out of his way to do. When I talked to him, I got the vibe that he's a nice guy, but is very confident about his work, etc.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Hilarious!

Anyway, I've spoken to him once, and for whatever reason I don't think sending you a message praising you for "illegaly" using his photos in a slideshow is something he'd go out of his way to do. When I talked to him, I got the vibe that he's a nice guy, but is very confident about his work, etc.
Well, that or he doesn't really care if someone uses a badly compressed 320-pixel version of one his pictures in a YouTube slideshow.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Well, that or he doesn't really care if someone uses a badly compressed 320-pixel version of one his pictures in a YouTube slideshow.
Ugh, tis such a shame that most of his photos on Getty Images and Corbis are watermarked.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it's not Neal, he sure seems on his toes. He replied to me, saying that he has a project in the works, and plans on releasing the "best rock-and-roll photography book ever done" in about two years, and to keep our fingers crossed. He also left me his E-mail address. The plot thickens...
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
If it's not Neal, he sure seems on his toes. He replied to me, saying that he has a project in the works, and plans on releasing the "best rock-and-roll photography book ever done" in about two years, and to keep our fingers crossed. He also left me his E-mail address. The plot thickens...
The plot thickens INDEED! Wonder how this will turn out!