The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You are spot on! All the fans who have stayed with her can't see what we see. She has changed the last few years and NOT in a good way. I used to absolutely love her, but damn the things she says now are just embarrassing.
Truth. She's embarrassing.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:17 AM
DeepBlueDee's Avatar
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East coast USA
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.
Kristen responds on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/...970393089?s=19

I agree, the band is not doing themselves any favors with the "looking forward to" court and other statements.
What a sad mess.
__________________
"If we go, go insane
We can all go together
In this wild, wanton world
We can all break down forever " 💔
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:18 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
19,000 posts! That's impressive...I think?
And that's just this week!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:19 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
Kristen responds on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/...970393089?s=19

I agree, the band is not doing themselves any favors with the "looking forward to" court and other statements.
What a sad mess.
pasting / embedding -


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Gypsy0033's Avatar
Gypsy0033 Gypsy0033 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I realize that Stevie has the right to do whatever she wants; however, I really miss the very humble and gracious Stevie of old. So many of her antics onstage lately seem canned, phoned in, and, IMHO really corny and embarrassing. I agree with others that everyone's disrespectful gestures during her speech were classless and unprofessional, but I just watched all their speeches again, and all the other band members were very gracious and appropriate for the occasion, but I thought Stevie's speech seemed rambling and self-indulgent. It's even sadder that Christine and Lindsey's speeches mentioned "family" and "love," with regard to the band, and Stevie just focused on herself in a very self-congratulatory way that seemed dismissive of the rest of the band. The few clips I've watched of the latest tour seem similar. STEVIE, not FM, is doing a tribute to Tom Petty, and the shows look like solo SN shows with FM as her touring band. I'm so sad that I'm not going to the shows and seeing the five fireflies. Stevie is just becoming an insufferable caricature of herself, and all the softness and humility from before is gone, and, with it, a lot of her appeal...at least for me. Here is a clip of all the members' speeches: https://tinyurl.com/y8me7e4m
Stevie says in this speech “All of my elder statesmen are gone, what do I have now?”

As her 3 male band mates of over 40 years stand behind her and of course Christine. If anyone should of been upset about Stevie’s speach, it should of been the band. IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy0033 View Post
Stevie says in this speech “All of my elder statesmen are gone, what do I have now?”

As her 3 male band mates of over 40 years stand behind her and of course Christine. If anyone should of been upset about Stevie’s speach, it should of been the band. IMO.
They're used to her idiocy, which is why they were mocking her, dancing behind her and the like, when $he wouldn't STFU.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 159
Default

There is no excuse for the band’s behavior during her speech. Zero. If they didn’t like it, they could have told her later. Getting an audience to laugh at someone who is speaking is disgraceful.

I’m also tired of the blanket statements made about those of us who call out the other band members’ poor behavior. I agree with many statements about how Stevie has changed over the years. But I also see the situation as not black/white, I think there is more to the story that we may never know, and I think sexism plays a part. If that were a man making a rambling self-indulgent speech, I guarantee you the band wouldn’t have openly mocked him. It’s far easier to mock a woman and hold to certain expectations than a man.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:07 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I’m also tired of the blanket statements made about those of us who call out the other band members’ poor behavior. I agree with many statements about how Stevie has changed over the years. But I also see the situation as not black/white, I think there is more to the story that we may never know, and I think sexism plays a part. If that were a man making a rambling self-indulgent speech, I guarantee you the band wouldn’t have openly mocked him. It’s far easier to mock a woman and hold to certain expectations than a man.
So when Christine is dancing behind her while $he's speaking, does that still qualify as misogyny?


Face it, they ALL think $he's an idiot.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:17 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post


What a pain in the ass.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:22 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

$he's a self centered, egotistical, megalomaniac that wants the world to see her as a legend; that is humble and works so hard for HER fans. And, $he has quite a lot of her fan$ fooled.

After Christine left, her behavior changed. And $he's not quite been able to get back to being a decent human being. I hope $he wakes up one day and realizes that $he orchestrated something very damaging to herself. Whether it's ever realized, some of us have our eyes and ears connected to our brain.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:07 PM
DeepBlueDee's Avatar
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East coast USA
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy0033 View Post
Stevie says in this speech “All of my elder statesmen are gone, what do I have now?”

As her 3 male band mates of over 40 years stand behind her and of course Christine. If anyone should of been upset about Stevie’s speach, it should of been the band. IMO.
Agreed. I remember hearing her say it and cringing. I may have yelled at the screen " Turn around!!! Right behind you!!!"
Cripes!
__________________
"If we go, go insane
We can all go together
In this wild, wanton world
We can all break down forever " 💔
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 PM
DeepBlueDee's Avatar
DeepBlueDee DeepBlueDee is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East coast USA
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
There is no excuse for the band’s behavior during her speech. Zero. If they didn’t like it, they could have told her later. Getting an audience to laugh at someone who is speaking is disgraceful.

I’m also tired of the blanket statements made about those of us who call out the other band members’ poor behavior. I agree with many statements about how Stevie has changed over the years. But I also see the situation as not black/white, I think there is more to the story that we may never know, and I think sexism plays a part.If that were a man making a rambling self-indulgent speech, I guarantee you the band wouldn’t have openly mocked him. It’s far easier to mock a woman and hold to certain expectations than a man.
I agree that the mocking was uncool. No question.
I disagree that this is sexism. You don't believe if that were Mick up there, carrying on about himself, making it all about him him him, that THIS band, which has been poking each other with sticks for decades now, wouldn't have tried to take the piss out of him by making fun of him for it? Really??? This is Fleetwood Mac, after all.
__________________
"If we go, go insane
We can all go together
In this wild, wanton world
We can all break down forever " 💔
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-16-2018, 01:44 PM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
What a pain in the ass.
At least there is no profanity or personal insults to band members this time. Wonder what changed.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
At least there is no profanity or personal insults to band members this time. Wonder what changed.
She is revelling in the attention. I didn't realize she was so thirsty.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So when Christine is dancing behind her while $he's speaking, does that still qualify as misogyny?


Face it, they ALL think $he's an idiot.
In this case, I said sexism, not misogyny. Double standards, things people do to women that they wouldn’t do to men. Women are guilty of this also. If they all think Stevie’s an idiot, they should tell her to her face instead of what they did. They are the ones who acted like high school fools. In front of Bill Clinton. Bunch of children.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$1.49
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved