User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Sorry but the Buckingham McVie argument just doesn’t hold up. If she is the spoiled little bitch you try to make her out to be then she would not be speaking to Christine either. And Christine stayed with the band. If Christine and Lindsey were so buddy buddy and then they would’ve bonded together and pushed Stevie out of the band. I am so tired of talking about this. I’m sure the people bashing her on Twitter mostly belong to this board.
JohnL were you really referring to StevieandChris's comment because he or she agreed with you that they also didn't buy any silly Buckingham/McVie jealousy. They certainly didn't portray Stevie as a spoiled little b*tch. Perhaps this was supposed to be directed at someone else?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
then SHE should leave the band. Go do you time on solo tours and solo albums if that's what makes you happy. Why rip apart the band when YOU are the ONE who is unhappy???

see my quote above. totally agree.

wth else is she going to say in the press?? she's going to say the politically correct thing so she looks like a good sport. doesn't mean she means it.
I could easily believe that all those years ago when it was still only scant months since she and Lindsey had a relationship, that it could have bothered her that Christine and Lindsey wrote World Turning together. That Christine and Lindsey made something together like that when the two of them were never able to write together. Now, all these many years down the road with so much water under the bridge and knowing the fact that she doesn't want to deal with being stuck in a studio with him for months dealing with his reportedly dictatorial production style, it would make zero sense to me that she would care at all that they put a record together. Like I said, I think she'd just be relieved that it wasn't her. More time for her other plans and projects.

Also, I'm glad to hear that just because someone says the politically correct thing so they look like a good sport, that they don't actually have to mean it. I'll just leave that here...
Old 10-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
^ This. She's 70 years old and was having a lovely time on her solo tour. If she had any desire to contribute to BuckVie (and thereby have it be a Mac record), she had plenty of opportunity to do so. I've read her quotes on the making of Say You Will (her feelings on the experience seemed to get progressively worse as time passed); I think she's decided she's not spending one more minute of the time she's got left in a studio with Lindsey. (Not trying to cast blame on either side for WHY she doesn't want to...just objectively stating that it's been pretty apparent that it is something she has no desire to do).
Then she needs to go do her solo thing and leave the band, not fire someone else......unless of course she want to look like a moron, which she does.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You’re joking right? He was the one whowas fired not her. I know it’s hard for you to see it but she has become an insufferable POS
In my opinion he has been that since day one. Why can’t you see that?
Old 10-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
just wants attention attention attention.
oh my. Yes, it's Lindsey who wants attention attention attention. Who turns every interview, story, anecdote about anything, however unrelated/inappropriate, into a me-me-me fest Not Stevie. Lindsey who has strayed from his artistic integrity to try and stay on top, several times throughout his career, who's still chasing an unreasonable level of chart-success for a 70 year old in today's radio climate, and uses the improbability of said success to just not create at all. Not Stevie. I gotta try wearing those Nicks-colored lenses sometime, must be nice!

Last edited by The Chain; 10-11-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old 10-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

The problem in all of this is so many people rush to take opinions and comments as fact. Social media makes it worse. People can’t take time to wait for facts and the entire story to come out. It’s like a compulsion.

Anyone who thinks the full story is Stevie kicked out Lindsey because of a smirk and the intro song is smoking some seriously crazy stuff.

The real POS (plural) are those who make rash judgements without facts, evidence, and critical thinking.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
then SHE should leave the band. Go do you time on solo tours and solo albums if that's what makes you happy. Why rip apart the band when YOU are the ONE who is unhappy???
Cuz she didn't want to? Because the rest of the band likes her better? Or they like money better? Or Irving Azoff likes this idea better? Who the heck knows?

It doesn't have to be fair or make sense, life isn't and doesn't. The band clearly opted for Stevie (if an ultimatum is what it came down to). They're a bunch of millionaire septuagenarians that can do whatever they want. And apparently what they wanted to do was go on a tour as Fleetwood Mac with Stevie Nicks and two other dudes instead of Lindsey.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Anyone who thinks the full story is Stevie kicked out Lindsey because of a smirk and the intro song is smoking some seriously crazy stuff.
But, but...I saw it on the twitter so it must be true.

I took a break from this place because the Ledge had become as toxic as Lindsey and Stevie's relationship, but popped back in to see what's up now that the tour is on. I thought it might have calmed down some...nope.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The problem in all of this is so many people rush to take opinions and comments as fact. Social media makes it worse. People can’t take time to wait for facts and the entire story to come out. It’s like a compulsion.

The real POS (plural) are those who make rash judgements without facts, evidence, and critical thinking.
Preach! Reading the theories posted on this board runs the gamut between somewhat amusing and downright insane. None of know anything but you sure wouldn't know that by reading these threads.

Plus, I don't feel sorry for any of them, not Lindsey, not Stevie, not Christine, not Mick, and not John. Neil and Mike, actually I do feel a modicum of sympathy for, but not the others. Can you imagine making $14 million dollars for a 60 city tour? Give me a break! Of course, I'm contributing to their swelled bank accounts by seeing both FM and Lindsey LOL but I don't care one bit about the outcome of this lawsuit.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The most telling piece of evidence of this whole thing is the press the tour. Stevie did not do ONE interview for this tour, other than the guest TV spots. I honestly can't remember the last time this has ever happened. THEY ALWAYS DO PRESS BEFORE A TOUR. No matter what. There are always interviews.

This time, not a single one. Makes you think. What doesn't she want to talk about?
Old 10-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
The most telling piece of evidence of this whole thing is the press the tour. Stevie did not do ONE interview for this tour, other than the guest TV spots. I honestly can't remember the last time this has ever happened. THEY ALWAYS DO PRESS BEFORE A TOUR. No matter what. There are always interviews.

This time, not a single one. Makes you think. What doesn't she want to talk about?
seems clear now that she didn't want / or her lawyers didn't want her to say anything that might jeopardize the lawsuit.