Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Time to introduce some colour.

Looking at the great pictures from her latest tour and recent cameo on TV.
I think Stevie looks nice,fit, healthy and SLIM.

So Ms Nicks you don't have to wear those black weeds....
Cast them aside, Spring is almost here, and wear some COLOUR.

Yes we know blondes look good in black, but they also look good in red, blue white
Anything but b####y black.
I know we have discussed this before, but it gets on my wick that she doesn't wear
any colour.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:10 AM

I like her in this colour:

Old 03-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I like her in this colour:

Me too! She looks gorgeous!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could not agree more! Stevie looked so good in the videos for Seven Wonders, Talk to Me, Little Lies, and Rooms on Fire when she wore different colored dresses. I remember Stevie saying she didn't look good in white, and she is so wrong. I wish she would add some color back to her concerts.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree. Black starts to look funereal. She's almost 70. Her face is that of an older woman (not old, but not 30 either). Black does nothing but make her look like a dowager.

I get how black camouflages some of the lumpier, bumpier, saggier areas and that's fine. She could easily wear a mainly black outfit (bottom half or even bottom and upper arms) but geez, get some color in and around her face. Something more colorful on the front, around her décolletage, on her shoulders...something that creates a nice reflection of color that reflects a rosier light on her face.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-03-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 03-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I could not agree more! Stevie looked so good in the videos for Seven Wonders, Talk to Me, Little Lies, and Rooms on Fire when she wore different colored dresses. I remember Stevie saying she didn't look good in white, and she is so wrong. I wish she would add some color back to her concerts.
Actually I think she doesn't look good in true white too, but she could wear some ivory or cream. And even if it's probably an unpopular colour she looks good in brown too.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, the maroon is gorgeous! I absolutely adore the one with the Rhiannon sleeves but it seems like she only wore it for a few shows on the IYD tour. Incredible to me how many outfits and shawls she has that she pulls out so rarely!

Old 03-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Registered

there are not many pictures but I like this

Old 03-03-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
there are not many pictures but I like this

There's also this candid of her wearing that color:

Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

!!!
I'd love that without the black pieces. Knee high red or tan boots would look great.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The black does nothing for her, at least while she continues with this strange unstructured corset look. In pictures, any nuances in the fabric blend together and she looks shapeless. It's frustrating that a style icon has given up style for a veritable uniform.

IMHO she needs to decide between flowy and structured, and she can't have both. In the last decade, she's had great looks, updating her signature v-neck and sweetheart necklines with long sleeves, but the v-neck tops with the modest strip across to make a square or trapezoid-style neckline are just . In concert I'm always amazed by how tiny she is both in stature and in girth because in photos this neckline makes her look strangely broad. The structured corset a la SisterNightroad's post above defines her petite figure while the loose corset-esque top in stevierocks87's post -- while an improvement on her current look due to its maroon/burgandy/oxblood color -- hides her shape under a lumpy chest/sleeve area and makes her look bigger.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
The black does nothing for her, at least while she continues with this strange unstructured corset look. In pictures, any nuances in the fabric blend together and she looks shapeless. It's frustrating that a style icon has given up style for a veritable uniform.

IMHO she needs to decide between flowy and structured, and she can't have both. In the last decade, she's had great looks, updating her signature v-neck and sweetheart necklines with long sleeves, but the v-neck tops with the modest strip across to make a square or trapezoid-style neckline are just . In concert I'm always amazed by how tiny she is both in stature and in girth because in photos this neckline makes her look strangely broad. The structured corset a la SisterNightroad's post above defines her petite figure while the loose corset-esque top in stevierocks87's post -- while an improvement on her current look due to its maroon/burgandy/oxblood color -- hides her shape under a lumpy chest/sleeve area and makes her look bigger.
Ah ah, I agree with you but what a coincidence a little while ago I've seen an acquaintance of mine who is a style consultant talking about this, have you ever read anything about/by Kibbe?
Old 03-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

!!!
I do think at her age now I like the slightly darker red over this screaming scarlet. But that's just me. But I agree that the lines of this outfit flatter her more... without all that ......stuff.......seams, fringes, etc......on her midriff that some of the recent outfits have.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post

Yeah I always thought the corset tops tend to make her look bigger.