The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Ledgie

Is anyone going to be posting any bootlegs from this tour here or on ThrownDown.net?
Old 10-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does she do the rocking version of If You Were My Love or the 24k version?
Old 10-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Does she do the rocking version of If You Were My Love or the 24k version?
The 24KG one.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

funny, on Leather and Lace monologue she says that it was written for Jessie Colter and Merle Haggard.....she means Waylon Jennings.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
The 24KG one.
ok what I figured. But one can dream!
Old 10-28-2016, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
The 24KG one.
The 24 k is my favorite version. She has to do If You Were My Love. That song is on the Mirage Box Set, 24k Gold and The Wild Heart Box Set. She is sorta promoting 3 albums when doing it.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Surprising that she's only doing 3 Fleetwood Mac songs.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Still hankering for a full-length video of If You Were My Love. Has anyone seen one anywhere, even on Ivory Keys? I wasnt planning on joining a facebk group.
Thank you!
Old 10-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Still hankering for a full-length video of If You Were My Love. Has anyone seen one anywhere, even on Ivory Keys? I wasnt planning on joining a facebk group.
Thank you!
I want that video too. It's my favorite song from 24k.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks 10.25.16 Beneath the Desert Sky 10/25/2016

https://beneathadesertsky.com/2016/1...icks-10-25-16/

Warm and generous, like a gracious host opening her home to visitors. Or like a lengthy visit with a favorite aunt that you haven’t seen in way too long – if the aunt wrote killer music, of course.

That’s the feeling I came away with from the Stevie Nicks concert at Talking Stick Resort Arena last night. Nicks launched her 24k Gold Tour in Phoenix on October 25, 2016. Backed by 6 piece band and two vocalists, Nicks delivered a terrific performance to open the tour. Most importantly and impressively, she made each person in attendance feel as if she was performing just for them – as if they were hanging out with her in her living room listening to demo tapes, which it became apparent was really her objective all along.

Warm and generous are appropriate adjectives to describe a number of different aspects of the concert,

•Nicks’ voice was in fine form. Her voice was warm and enveloping, especially on her slower, more melodic songs. While she’s obviously not the same singer she was 40 years ago (and who is), her voice has matured in a way that is velvety and textured with plenty of inflection and nuance. And it remains as distinctively hers as its always been.

•Nicks’ commentary and banter was both engaging and entertaining. Nicks shared the very personal moments in her life that inspired her music and, particularly, her lyrics. Whether it was writing Leather and Lace while dating Don Henley or writing New Orleans while glued to her television watching news coverage of Hurricane Katrina, Nicks shared the backstory for many of the songs she performed. Nicks expressed concern several times that she was talking too much throughout the show and late in the concert even joked about someday doing a show “where I don’t even sing – I’m just going to talk.” The way that she shared the history of her music, however, only served to make both her and her music more personable, approachable and endearing.

•Nicks’ remarks conveyed a sense of vulnerability and exposure that we rarely hear from artists on stage. She was very open about her fears and trepidations going into a tour in which she’s performing songs that she has never previously performed live and in which she’s performing solo without the support of her Fleetwood Mac bandmates. At one point she acknowledged being “a little freaked out” by what she called a “very different” type of show. Hearing Nicks express the types of concerns that all of us have felt at one time or another simply served to humanized her and make her feel kinda’ sorta’ just like one of us.

•Nicks was visibly appreciative of the fans’ reaction to the show and the material she and her musical director had selected. While it’s standard fare for every artist to thank the audience for attending and declare their love for the fans, it seemed just a little more genuine and sincere coming from Nicks. It appeared that she truly didn’t know if the audience was going to warmly receive a concert that featured never-before-played and rarely-played tracks from long ago albums. After finishing the concert with Leather and Lace, Nicks seemed reassured and took an extra moment to thank the audience for letting her know “that this is going to work and be OK” and with that she once again expressed her gratitude.

All of these elements came together in perfect harmony to create a wonderful, intimate concert that pleased both hard-core and casual fans alike. For hard-core Nicks fans, the show simply reaffirmed why they’ve always loved her as much as they do. For more casual fans, the concert gave them a whole lot of reasons to deepen their appreciation for both her personally and her music.

I’ve always thought of Stevie Nicks’ music as big – big voice coupled with big musical arrangements. The staging of the show did a terrific job of matching that bigness. There was a large video screen at the back of the stage flanked by two video “frames” on either side. Large pendant lights dropped from the ceiling to frame the front of the stage. Spotlights illuminated the crowd in front of the stage which had the effect of almost incorporating the first five or seven rows of fans into the staging. Everything about the show was big which did a wonderful job of matching and enhancing Nicks’ performance.

Other highlights from the concert included,

•Nicks performed four songs that she had never performed live on-stage before so it was great being the first audience to hear her perform Wild Heart, Belle Fleur, Crying in the Night and If You Were My Love.

•Nicks performed Belle Donna live for the first time in 25 years and proudly announced that she was wearing the original purple shawl from the photo on the back of the Bella Donna album cover.

•Chrissie Hynde came back out to the stage to perform Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around with Nicks. This could have been my favorite song of the entire set. Hynde and Nicks, each a star in her own right, coming together for this song was as special as it was powerful.

One last note about the concert – and not to read too much into this or make too big of a political statement – but in some ways the show reflected some of the broader undercurrents in American society and culture this election season. It was clearly a celebration of strong, successful women – with Chrissie Hynde leading the all-male Pretenders and Stevie Nicks being Stevie Nicks. But while Nicks’ 35 years of individual success was on full display, there was also a small tinge of the ways that she’s had to navigate the men in her life to get there, especially as reflected in the story she told about writing Leather and Lace. Nicks shared that she wrote the song while she was dating Don Henley but she wrote it on her own and not with him. She’d play the song for him while she worked on it and he’d respond “That sucks” until one day she played it for him and he acknowledged “It’s good.” She responded to him “Ok, so we’re done” and he replied, “We’re done.”

So as we quickly move towards the end of an election period in which a woman is a major party candidate for the first time and may be elected as President of the United States in a campaign that has featured more than its share of overt and subtle sexism, it seems fitting that two strong women triumphantly shared the stage. And maybe that’s why watching them perform Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around was as powerful as it was. The lyrics of the song clearly reflect the tension between the competing attitudes of “I know you really want to be your own girl” (as reflected by one of the major party candidates) and “You need someone looking after you” (as reflected by the other). If the current political environment and this 25-year-old song aren’t a prime example of Oscar Wilde’s declaration that life imitates art then I’m not sure what could ever be. I suspect that the strength and power of the two artists on stage at Talking Stick Resort Arena last night is a clear indicator of how that tension will likely ultimately be resolved.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just arrived home from my Houston tour date. I've practiced incredible self restraint over the last few days by staying off this board and NOT peaking at the set list. I'm truly happy that I didn't preview the set, because this was like seeing Stevie in the old days before internet. After a fantastic show, it's clear that The High Priestess is sticking to her promise of turning the set list UPSIDE DOWN. Much to the dismay of casual fans who came only to hear "Landslide" and "Dreams", Miss Nicks did not disappoint her hardcore base.

From the first strains of "Gold and Braid", it was clear that miss thing wasn't playing around. She was here to please those of us who've hung on her every word for the past 40 years. As suburban soccer moms and their bobble head daughters pined for "Landslide", Miss Stevie couldn't be bothered while tearing her way through "Moonlight", "Crying in the Night", and "New Orleans". Casual audience members were dumbfounded, at least in my section.

We posted, and she listened. This time out, Stevie Nicks means business! "Wild Heart" was gorgeous and transferred to stage perfectly. This tune should have been done years ago! I was like a kid in a candy store! Thank you, Stevie!!!!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Default UCR Phoenix review

Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders Kick Off 24 Karat Tour: Set Lists, Videos
By Jeff Giles October 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders started their package tour Oct. 25 in Phoenix, with Nicks delving deep into her catalog for a number of songs that hadn’t been played live in years — or ever.
Chrissie Hynde‘s latest iteration of the Pretenders is on the road in support of a new album, Alone, and their set list weaved between new songs, older singles (including hits like “Brass in Pocket” and “Back on the Chain Gang,” as well as 1986’s “Hymn to Her,” which Hynde dedicated to Nicks) and covers of the Kinks‘ “Stop Your Sobbing” and Jimi Hendrix‘s “Room Full of Mirrors.”
Hynde also made an appearance early in Nicks’ set, taking Tom Petty‘s vocal part during the night’s performance of “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” (which you can watch via the fan-shot footage above). As Nicks told the crowd, the night was a homecoming for her. “I just want you to know that I’m up here and I’m strong, but I’m a little freaked out,” she admitted. “Just a little. But I’m in my hometown, Phoenix, where I wrote a lot of my songs.
Nicks revisited a number of the less-traveled tracks in her catalog during her set, setting the tone with her first performance of “Gold and Braid” in more than 15 years. The rest of the evening balanced solo and Fleetwood Mac hits against songs that had stayed offstage for decades — like “Bella Donna” — or she’d never performed previously at all, such as “Belle Fleur,” “Wild Heart,” “If You Were My Love” and the Buckingham Nicks cut “Crying in the Night,” which you can watch below.

Marveling that the long-deleted album is more than 40 years old, she told the audience, “This was gonna be the single off the Buckingham Nicks record. It was so long ago, I don’t actually remember if it ever was the single or made it out. I know I remember sitting in the basement and working this song out.
As previously reported, Nicks and the Pretenders will remain on the road at least through Dec. 18, when they’re scheduled to close out their run with a show at the Forum in Los Angeles. “You’ve let me know that this is gonna work and that I’m gonna be okay. And I appreciate that,” Nicks told the audience at the end of her set. “So take care of yourself. Stay strong. Don’t watch the news. It’s depressing.

Pretenders Set List, Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Oct. 25, 2016

“Alone”
“Gotta Wait”
“Down the Wrong Way”
“Private Life”
“Hymn to Her”
“Back on the Chain Gang”
“Don’t Get Me Wrong”
“I’ll Stand by You”
“Tattooed Love Boys”
“Mystery Achievement”
“Stop Your Sobbing”
“Brass in Pocket”
“Holy Commotion!”
“Middle of the Road”
“Room Full of Mirrors”

Stevie Nicks Set List, Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Oct. 25, 2016
“Gold and Braid”
“If Anyone Falls”
“Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”
“Belle Fleur”
“Outside the Rain”
“Dreams”
“Wild Heart”
“Bella Donna”
“Annabel Lee”
“Enchanted”
“New Orleans”
“Starshine”
“Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)”
“Stand Back”
“Crying in the Night”
“If You Were My Love”
“Gold Dust Woman”
“Edge of Seventeen”
“Rhiannon”
“Leather and Lace”

Read More: Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders Kick Off 24 Karat Tour: Set Lists, Videos | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...ckback=tsmclip