The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default difference between all the compilations?

Hi all,
I have all 8 of Stevie's solo studio albums but am wondering if I should bother getting any of the many compilations that have been released over the years: Timespace (1991), the Enchanted boxset (1998), Crystal Visions (2007), or Stand Back (2019).

I've gone through the track listings of each and there are some obvious differences and exclusives to each set. But, more specifically, I'm wondering: should I buy the individual songs from the sets that I don't have? Any entire set recommended for any particular reason? Any songs that are alternately mixed from the studio albums?

Thanks for any and all help!
Old 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Hi all,
I have all 8 of Stevie's solo studio albums but am wondering if I should bother getting any of the many compilations that have been released over the years: Timespace (1991), the Enchanted boxset (1998), Crystal Visions (2007), or Stand Back (2019).

I've gone through the track listings of each and there are some obvious differences and exclusives to each set. But, more specifically, I'm wondering: should I buy the individual songs from the sets that I don't have? Any entire set recommended for any particular reason? Any songs that are alternately mixed from the studio albums?

Thanks for any and all help!
I think that Enchanted in out of print but it would be my pick. It has a lot of unreleased/b-sides/soundtrack songs and alternate mixes of the Street Angel tracks that I liked. It's also mastered nicely and has a book with lots of rare pics. Timespace is dated and the new songs are nothing special. It does have a couple Chris Lord-Alge remixes and in the book she tells stories about each of the songs. Crystal Vision is total rehash but one version of the CD has a DVD with her music videos (low quality) and her commentary for each track. Never purchased Stand Back because it is yet another rehash of the same songs and got bad reviews that it was thrown together. It does have a couple rare tracks that can be downloaded without purchasing the whole thing.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you can do without the Stand Back compilation. Nothing new there.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I think that Enchanted in out of print but it would be my pick. It has a lot of unreleased/b-sides/soundtrack songs and alternate mixes of the Street Angel tracks that I liked. It's also mastered nicely and has a book with lots of rare pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I think you can do without the Stand Back compilation. Nothing new there.

Thanks for the help! I decided not to get Stand Back and instead found a copy of Enchanted on eBay for around 25$
Old 08-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have them all. I just listened to the Stand Back compilation and it is a great selection of tracks spanning her career with a few new gems added in. If you don’t own any of greatest hits albums...this is the one to get.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I think that Enchanted in out of print but it would be my pick. It has a lot of unreleased/b-sides/soundtrack songs and alternate mixes of the Street Angel tracks that I liked. It's also mastered nicely and has a book with lots of rare pics. Timespace is dated and the new songs are nothing special. It does have a couple Chris Lord-Alge remixes and in the book she tells stories about each of the songs. Crystal Vision is total rehash but one version of the CD has a DVD with her music videos (low quality) and her commentary for each track. Never purchased Stand Back because it is yet another rehash of the same songs and got bad reviews that it was thrown together. It does have a couple rare tracks that can be downloaded without purchasing the whole thing.
I never understood why Enchanted went out of print so fast. That would of been platinum by now.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I never understood why Enchanted went out of print so fast. That would of been platinum by now.
I see it used all the time. There's a gigantic used book/record/dvd store I go to in Nashville, and it's usually there. Usually about $20-25.

I retract the above. I was in the mega store today. They had 3 copies of the Enchanted boxed set. $13.95 each.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 08-25-2020 at 01:47 AM..
Old 08-20-2020, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I see it used all the time. There's a gigantic used book/record/dvd store I go to in Nashville, and it's usually there. Usually about $20-25.
Wow, it holds its value pretty good. Such a good idea on her part. Mostly from the Dance but this relaunched her solo career in a big way.
Us fans had all the scratchy albums like Fast Times and Heavy Metal to get the gems Sleeping Angel and Blue Lamp, etc. It was so nice to finally get them on a Stevie CD.

Remember how you wore out your CD playing her piano Rhiannon cover over and over. Didn't you say you learned to play piano from watching her?

Those were the days!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-20-2020 at 04:29 AM..
Old 08-20-2020, 04:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Don't forget that the single disc CD of Stand Back has the single versions of a lot of tracks that are unavailable on iTunes or anywhere else. I guess it depends on how hardcore a fan you are if you need these or not tho.

Enchanted won't disappoint you
Old 08-20-2020, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Remember how you wore out your CD playing her piano Rhiannon cover over and over. Didn't you say you learned to play piano from watching her?
Yes, I learned piano from watching her.

After I was in a threshing accident, and lost both of my arms. I'm plunking great!
Old 08-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That’s used. Doesn’t explain why a box set that went Gold so fast went out of print soo quickly.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
That’s used. Doesn’t explain why a box set that went Gold so fast went out of print soo quickly.
I never said that it did.