Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
That's just great.
I can totally relate to your last statement. Everything is going well for me but i feel like i'm trapped in something i don't want to do, and i'd rather play some music for the rest of my life.
But be happy that you have the talent, that a lot of ledgies and even a producer seem to notice and appreciate. I know a lot of people - and i include myself here, actually - who are passionate about something but just can't do it right, people who aren't good enough.
That means that you never know, if you work enough on your music it might work out (even if it would be better if you could spend your whole time doing this).
I have to ask, what were those three majors?
I applied to college with an intended major of music therapy but I decided out of that before I even got there, so then I was undeclared, and then I decided on nursing, and now I've switched out of that and I'm in biology. The reason I switched basically just had to do with me not feeling like I actually liked anything I was learning about, or that I acutally wanted to continue doing any of the things that I was working on in those classes. Nursing just wasn't for me, I couldn't get into any of the writing of care plans and stuff like that and I struggle with anxiety/OCD too much I think to have been able to deal with having peoples lives resting on my shoulder. But I did like the science classes well enough and they all came easily so I just switched to that for the time being and hopefully I'll find SOMETHING that I don't absolutely loathe lol.

But yeah. So I guess I'll just work on music as a hobby for now, at least while I'm in school - can't really do anything else for the time being anyway. Thanks for the kind words!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I applied to college with an intended major of music therapy but I decided out of that before I even got there, so then I was undeclared, and then I decided on nursing, and now I've switched out of that and I'm in biology. The reason I switched basically just had to do with me not feeling like I actually liked anything I was learning about, or that I acutally wanted to continue doing any of the things that I was working on in those classes. Nursing just wasn't for me, I couldn't get into any of the writing of care plans and stuff like that and I struggle with anxiety/OCD too much I think to have been able to deal with having peoples lives resting on my shoulder. But I did like the science classes well enough and they all came easily so I just switched to that for the time being and hopefully I'll find SOMETHING that I don't absolutely loathe lol.

But yeah. So I guess I'll just work on music as a hobby for now, at least while I'm in school - can't really do anything else for the time being anyway. Thanks for the kind words!
Music therapy? There's a major for music therapy?! That's so american . Ha, i'm sorry. I just don't see what you can do after that, and it might be a good thing that you changed your major.
My sister is also studying biology after three (successfull) years of studying medecine. So, see, you're not the only lost young adult out there. . I'm confident that life works itself out after some time. I just don't get why people would say "college is the best time of your life"...i don't like it. I never know what i want, and i can't really decide on anything yet.
But well, back on topic, there are 196 people who like you on Fb. That's huge.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Music therapy? There's a major for music therapy?! That's so american . Ha, i'm sorry. I just don't see what you can do after that, and it might be a good thing that you changed your major.
My sister is also studying biology after three (successfull) years of studying medecine. So, see, you're not the only lost young adult out there. . I'm confident that life works itself out after some time. I just don't get why people would say "college is the best time of your life"...i don't like it. I never know what i want, and i can't really decide on anything yet.
But well, back on topic, there are 196 people who like you on Fb. That's huge.

Yeah, that's exactly why I changed my major haha. It sounds like a nice enough thing to do, but there's not a lot of like... demand for that kind of a job.

There's over 200 now! Thank you for the encouragement.

Here's a track that I collaborated with another guy on - he wrote the music, sent it to me, and I constructed the lyrics and the melody and laid my vocal down.

It's kind of rough right now, I'm planning on doing a better take of the vocals and then overdubbing some harmony's so I can send it back and he can polish it all up.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly why I changed my major haha. It sounds like a nice enough thing to do, but there's not a lot of like... demand for that kind of a job.

There's over 200 now! Thank you for the encouragement.

Here's a track that I collaborated with another guy on - he wrote the music, sent it to me, and I constructed the lyrics and the melody and laid my vocal down.

It's kind of rough right now, I'm planning on doing a better take of the vocals and then overdubbing some harmony's so I can send it back and he can polish it all up.

DAMN i love this one! You both did a great job.
I have tons of melodies and chords progressions in my head, i'd love to send them to you but i have no recording equipment. I'm dreaming of a musical partnership
Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DAMN i love this one! You both did a great job.
I have tons of melodies and chords progressions in my head, i'd love to send them to you but i have no recording equipment. I'm dreaming of a musical partnership
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. And, ah man. Well, if you ever get some, shoot me a PM! I'd love to hear them all.

I FINALLY got a recording software set up on a computer. So now I can record straight from my keyboard to the computer for a much cleaner sound, as well as hopefully use my condenser microphone for cleaner vocal tracks.

Just set it up tonight so couldn't do much, but one of the first things I'm working on is a more piano-driven arrangement of Sisters of the Moon. It'll likely have bass, some light guitar, and percussion as well, but for now, here's a snippet of some of the piano I've laid down:

Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Broken Faith! Wonderful, especially for an early take, wow!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
I love Broken Faith! Wonderful, especially for an early take, wow!
Thanks! I finally got a new mic so I'm hoping to record the final vocals and send them to the guy I was working on it with soon.

Recorded a cover of Dreams this morning - rhythm/lead guitar, keys, vocals. Did it all myself but I'm terrrrrrible at mixing so it didn't come out as great as I'd hoped haha.

Regardless, figured I would share.

Last edited by WildHearted; 02-17-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Recorded a cover of Dreams this morning - rhythm/lead guitar, keys, vocals. Did it all myself but I'm terrrrrrible at mixing so it didn't come out as great as I'd hoped haha.

Simply amazing, wonderful! Mix is good, I like to hear the other guitar on my right ear.
It's a good version, and you have a very sweet voice. Well, I said it before...
Congrats!
Mark
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Simply amazing, wonderful! Mix is good, I like to hear the other guitar on my right ear.
It's a good version, and you have a very sweet voice. Well, I said it before...
Congrats!
Mark
Thank you for listening! I know next to nothing about mixing, but I tried
Summer
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A year ago today my friend Chelsea passed away. I wrote a song and put together a tribute for her. Still can't believe she's really gone.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hate triple posting, but I've been somewhat prolific lately in terms of getting videos online.

Here's a song I wrote a week or so ago:

Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I finally got a new mic so I'm hoping to record the final vocals and send them to the guy I was working on it with soon.

You have such a beautiful voice and your cover is absolutely fantastic!
Plus, you look a bit like Stevie when she was young.
I would really love to hear more Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks covers from you.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy-sara View Post
You have such a beautiful voice and your cover is absolutely fantastic!
Plus, you look a bit like Stevie when she was young.
I would really love to hear more Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks covers from you.
Thanks so much!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi WildHearted, I listened to We Became, nice song!
I have a little question, maybe a bit obvious. Do you have an HD recorder? I can hear your voice so clearly, and as I said before, your cover of Dreams sounds fantastic!
I ask it to you because I want to record some covers here in my house, and you know, those things about the own voice, the acoustics, the walls, etc...I want to go to a studio, but my parents don't help me. They say I must "learn" to play, and sing too. Well I can sing, but I always say to them "shut up! Maybe I'm not Paige, Hendrix or Lindsey, but I can play what you want to listen! I learned for myself"
Regards and thank you!
Mark.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi WildHearted, I listened to We Became, nice song!
I have a little question, maybe a bit obvious. Do you have an HD recorder? I can hear your voice so clearly, and as I said before, your cover of Dreams sounds fantastic!
I ask it to you because I want to record some covers here in my house, and you know, those things about the own voice, the acoustics, the walls, etc...I want to go to a studio, but my parents don't help me. They say I must "learn" to play, and sing too. Well I can sing, but I always say to them "shut up! Maybe I'm not Paige, Hendrix or Lindsey, but I can play what you want to listen! I learned for myself"
Regards and thank you!
Mark.
I recorded the "Dreams" cover using a Sennheiser e835, which is basically like a stage mic. It cost about $90 I think? And I record a lot of my other vidoes (We Became, for example) using a USB condenser mic called a Blue Yeti. It is really could quality and just plugs straight into the computer.

Here's something I came up with today. My mom actually wrote the first verse and I finished it and put it to music.

It's unfortunately titled 'Storms' because it seemed the most obvious. But there's no relation to the Fleetwood Mac song

Storms, they pass and fail
But I’m too frail to take a stand
Storms, they come and go
But they don’t show my shaking hands

I step out on sinking sand
But my heart doesn’t understand
Every second I’m pulled in
The storm begins to sing again

Storms, their rule is harsh
They keep their watch on those like me
Storms, their rage is deep
But I escape them in my sleep