User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Ledgie

Default FM-Reunion becomes true?

Hallo,

has anybody heard about the fact Greeny, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Rick Vito are actually working together on Hawaii to come in shape to realise a tour together? It should have been told by Vito’s label HYPERTENTION as reason for the cancelled Rick Vito tour in September 2006.

I'll come back to this statement soon, because I'll check this news via a person who has directly contact to Rick Vito. Let's cross our fingers again!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred
Old 08-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Hallo,

has anybody heard about the fact Greeny, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Rick Vito are actually working together on Hawaii to come in shape to realise a tour together? It should have been told by Vito’s label HYPERTENTION as reason for the cancelled Rick Vito tour in September 2006.

I'll come back to this statement soon, because I'll check this news via a person who has directly contact to Rick Vito. Let's cross our fingers again!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred
That would be a spectacular move. Let's hope it's true!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, the project you heard about is the NEW Mick Fleetwood Band...which consists of:

Mick Fleetwood: drums
Rick Vito: guitar, vocals
Billy Burnette: guitar, vocals
George Hawkins: bass, vocals

Not McVie or Green.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which again begs why not just call it Mick Fleetwood's Zoo? It's closer to the "I'm Not Me" band than anything else. (Now, all they need to do is add Bekka Bramlett and Brett Tuggle!)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Ledgie

Yes, you're right. Here's the reply of Rick Vito:

Yes, I am in Hawaii, but only with Mick--no Peter and no John.
We assembled the Mick Fleetwood Band with Billy Burnette and George Hawkins.
You can go to www.reharsals.com to view us.
No plans to tour yet.
Best wishes,
Rick>>
Old 08-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well....both Bad moon rising and BMWoman are pathetic.

Ok vocally.

Rick rips the guitarparts of BMW apart. I wish this guy wrote better stuff himself.

Last edited by shackin'up; 08-22-2006 at 08:05 AM..
Old 08-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well....both Bad moon rising and BMWoman are pathetic.

Ok vocally.

Rick rips the guitarparts of BMW apart. I wish this guy wrote better stuff himself.
What are you talkin' about? Vito's albums are awesome! (Ok, so is this some kind of payback? )
Old 08-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
What are you talkin' about? Vito's albums are awesome! (Ok, so is this some kind of payback? )
I won!! I bet a friend the Chili/Gerald truce wouldnt last as long as the Isreal/Hezbollah one would.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I won!! I bet a friend the Chili/Gerald truce wouldnt last as long as the Isreal/Hezbollah one would.
I wouldn't be so sure of victory, David. No "f" bombs have been dropped. A simple inquiry into his sanity isn't an end to the truce.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No I like Vito. As a guitarist and as a person. But his songwriting does nothing for me. Too archetypical, too flat, no adventure. No payback, dude, I'm not rancunous.

BTW: don't you agree that Billy's Bad Moon Rising was blasphemous? And that for the guy that did so much awesome backingwork on the Fogerty-tour.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
What do you know about a truce in the first place? And who did bet that we would last longer?
Second: We've built up quite a name over here Steve.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No I like Vito. As a guitarist and as a person. But his songwriting does nothing for me. Too archetypical, too flat, no adventure. No payback, dude, I'm not rancunous.
You have heard his solo albums? His unreleased material from Behind The Mask? "Stand On The Rock" is FAR, FAR, FAR from his best material.

Quote:
BTW: don't you agree that Billy's Bad Moon Rising was blasphemous? And that for the guy that did so much awesome backingwork on the Fogerty-tour.
Not really. C'mon, Gerald...they were REHEARSING it. Throughout the video, there wasn't a fully rehearsed version of it. ANYBODY (even Fogerty) would sound like crap when they're just rehearsing a song and working out parts. I thought the interesting thing was that the whole front line has worked with Fogerty (George Hawkins has been Fogerty's bass player the whole time Billy's been with him...and Rick Vito did a European tour in Fogerty's band a few years ago). Mick's the only one who hasn't.

I hope these four come around on tour (especially in small to medium sized clubs), I'd pay to see 'em in a heartbeat.

I think we should get a percentage of the payout of the bet (as a kind of usage of our names & likenesses), don't you, Gerald. After all, we're the supposed "combatants". Either we get 25% EACH or they can expect a "cease & desist" order.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have heard his solo albums? His unreleased material from Behind The Mask? "Stand On The Rock" is FAR, FAR, FAR from his best material.
Yes, I listen to everything any Macmember ever brings out. Hell, I even own that STUPID richard stepp album because christine was on there. Nowadays I don't feel obliged to buy anymore. If I don't like it, I don't like it. But Any Zoo or MF-album I'll buy unheard.

Not really. C'mon, Gerald...they were REHEARSING it. Throughout the video, there wasn't a fully rehearsed version of it. ANYBODY (even Fogerty) would sound like crap when they're just rehearsing a song and working out parts.

Well...have you heard the snippet of Lindsey singing World Turning on the DR-dvd? He did that better than during the whole tour.

And hey, this was rehearsing before audience. I think it stunk.

I hope these four come around on tour (especially in small to medium sized clubs), I'd pay to see 'em in a heartbeat.

Me too. That is, If they came over to the Netherlands ofcourse. But I must admit, I'd pay for every band that has MF in it. Even if he played with Billy Ray Cyrus.

I think we should get a percentage of the payout of the bet (as a kind of usage of our names & likenesses), don't you, Gerald. After all, we're the supposed "combatants". Either we get 25% EACH or they can expect a "cease & desist" order.

Do you read that Mr Minnesota?

Last edited by shackin'up; 08-22-2006 at 05:28 PM..
Old 08-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Yes, you're right. Here's the reply of Rick Vito:

Yes, I am in Hawaii, but only with Mick--no Peter and no John.
We assembled the Mick Fleetwood Band with Billy Burnette and George Hawkins.
You can go to www.reharsals.com to view us.
No plans to tour yet.
Best wishes,
Rick>>
No way I could open this link
Old 08-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
No way I could open this link
O.K. It just turned up to be a mistyping: it should have been www.rehearsals.com.