Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2002, 01:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Behind The Music Specials

This is almost embarassing to admit.. but here it goes! I've never seen any of the Behind the Music specials... FM's , Stevie's or Lindsey's. And it's starting to drive me insane.

I've been trying to get my hands on them for awhile now, but that hasn't been going well.

Anyways, for the people who have the capability to dub tapes and are willing to do it.... I could do a 2:1 or B&P with you.

E-mail: silversprings101@sympatico.ca

Thanks,
Kate
Old 11-15-2002, 08:25 AM
joe

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!! 40 lashes with a wet noodle!
FM's is 5 years old now and Stevie's is 4...They've been on so many times!!! ok, enough of my humiliating taunting! Sorry, i only have one vcr. Check out some of the trade pages...i'm sure you could find them on there.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I know... i know! Whip me with that noodle all you want, I deserve it!!! *Ouch!* Not too hard now!

I did see the FM one back when it first aired, but not since then (hense, I can't remeber anything from it and really want to see it again). I've been a fan for years but was never into the whole collecting thing before and well... lets just say that I want to start.

Anywhoooooo... I've been checking the trading sites and all of them that I've found with videos aren't trading right now.

Just thought I'd ask around here!

Kate
Old 11-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silversprings8, you're not the only. I've never seen any Behind The Music in my life.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac's Behind the Music came out I believe right when they started doing Behind the Music, and the show has evolved a lot since then. I don't think Fleetwood Mac's BTM was done very well, and it was basically just a show that was brought about because of The Dance. I don't consider it an ACTUAL Behind the Music. I mean, they start at the beginning and go through until Tusk, then they're like, "Fleetwood Mac made (6 or 7) more albums since then, some did good, some did not." So they just completely jump from Tusk to The Dance. I feel the void was filled a little with Stevie's and even more with Lindsey's, but they still don't cover the 80's very much for Fleetwood Mac. And really, they didn't cover pre-Buckingham Nicks too well. That really doesn't matter to me because I'm a Rumours era fan, but I'm sure it doesn't sit well with a lot of FM fans here.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
....SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!! 40 lashes with a wet noodle!...
LMAO!!

and

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
[B]...Fleetwood Mac's Behind the Music came out I believe right when they started doing Behind the Music...[B]
Yea it's Behind The Music #3...and I absolutely agree with you, it more like "Behind The Dance" than a proper BTM that they do nowadays. However, it's still a definite "must see" for any FM fan. LB's BTM was IMO much better than FM's. The Fritz footage was really nice to see and there were quite a lot of photos and bits and pieces that I hadn't seen / known of before.

VH1 would make so much money if they officially released their BTM's on DVD/video. I think they've already done it with a few special episodes, but it would be nice to have the whole collection out on official release.

Old 11-16-2002, 08:00 AM
joe

you know, it's really hard to do a really comprehensive documentary on FM in a one hour show. Something is going to be left out. Someone really needs to do a multi part docu on this band (hey...i'll do it! just give me access to all that unseen footage!).

But, let's face it, compared to the 70's, FM didn't really do a whole lot in the 80's...they only had 2 studio albums which were 5 years apart and those albums weren't as cohesive as the ones before them. So, yes, they are going to kinda skip over that period a little. There just wasn't so much excitement going on. No breakups, no major road trips until near the end of the decade...I think that decade (80's) really belonged to Stevie's solo career in terms if the FM thing.

I agree about Lindsey's BTM being the best. All that footage of Fritz was great to see/hear....I think i would watch that one first. Maybe when the new album comes out they'll do a revamped BTM...possibly 1-1/2 hours?