The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Ledgie

Well I am getting a lot of feedback here which I like. I must say it is humbling ( in a good way ) to see how young some of you are. I always was a fan because I had parents who loved incredible music! Some of you have found this music on your own & found the magic. I think that is wonderful. I am sure the band would think so too!

May I also say that your manners are impecible for the ages you are. I would read messages here long before I registered & have read a lot of messages from some of you & never would have guessed your ages. Good for you.

For us ledgies who are a little older-anyone for a drink?

"Searching for silence and dreams that breathe...
If I cannot breathe, then I cannot dream..." SLN
Old 11-06-2002, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
To make a long story short, lol...I have been listening to FM and then Stevie probably since I was born...in 1974. (I'm 28 now. )
I'm the same age too with the same story. I have been listening to Fleetwood Mac before I was old enough to know who they were and ever since then. My parents played the Mac all the time. It really had a big impact on me!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 11-07-2002 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-07-2002, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow..It's great to see how many young fans are about..it makes me feel positively ancient!! I'm afraid I go right back to "Rumours" in 1977, when it was played for me by my first really serious boyfriend ,so the songs really had a lot of meaning for me. Like so many others here I lost track of them for a while, but picked them up again after "the Dance" and haven't looked back!!!! oh, yes and I'm 44.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Well..

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
I've been a fan by default since i was a baby...I was named for "Sara"
Lucky! If I had a son and daughter and had any say in the naming, I'd vote for Sam and Sara. Sam because it's my preferred 'typical enduring biblical name', and Sara thanks to 'Sara' the beautiful song and what it means.

Together it makes Samsara, which is a buddhist concept, basically I think meaning that the world is suffering, so you can be joyful once you've acknowledged that, and just embrace and enjoy life!

(Actual buddhists please correct me if wrong!)
Old 11-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Ledgie

I guess that I've been a fan since I was about 8 yrs old. Although at that time I didn't know who they were. I remember hearing Dreams, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, & You Make Lovin' Fun.

The funny thing is that during the 80's when I was a teenager, I never knew that the group that I saw on MTV singing Gypsy & Hold Me sang those songs from the 70's. Even worse yet I didn't make the connection between Stand Back & If Anyone Falls being sung by the woman in Fleetwood Mac.

I honestly don't think that I tied it all together until the Tango album was released. There was so much promotion & fan fare because this was the 1st album in 5yrs. I finally connected the dots.

I am such a huge Fleetwood/Stevie fan that I have brainwashed my parents, friends & my lover with their music. Although they do get sick of it at times, whenever a Fleetwood or Stevie song is played they always think of me.

I really never get tired of listening to their music. I may get tired of a certain album, but I just switch to another one. There is always one of their cd's in my car cd changer and in my home player as well.

Anyway, that is my story.

Sean

Oops!! I almost forgot. I'm 33 yrs old.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I heard Fleetwood Mac for the first time in 1984, by watching Formula One which had The Chain as its soundtrack.

The first FM song I really liked was Big Love when it was released in 1987.

I became a mega-fan in 1997/8 thanks to The Dance.

EXACTLY the same for me! I knew of The Chain being a big F1 fan but I really discovered Mac with Big Love and the Tango album in 1987.
Everything went quiet from '87 to '97 and the I "came back" big time when Lindsey did.

I'm 28 now BTW.