User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Question about number of albums

I was just thinkin' today about how some people are upset because the Rumours-era peeps have been very sparing with the albums from 1982 - 1997...and here's a question:

Would you rather have 2 EXCELLENT, SUPERB, FLAWLESS albums from FM or have 6-7 albums, 2 flawless and the rest, eh...so-so?
Old 11-16-2002, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Depends what the albums are.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well... in both choices we have two flawless albums right? and in one we have a few random so so albums? hell i'd go for the choice with the two flawless albums and some random so so albums... because even though the other albums aren't as good as the two... there are still more songs by my favorite band on the others... basically... i love fleetwood mac... a lot.... i love stevie to death.. i love mick, i love john. i love lindsey and i love christine... and any chance i get to hear more songs by one of the artists... i'll take it. even if the critics don't like it very much... i'll find something from an album by one of them that speaks to me.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

To me, what is "brilliant" and what is "so-so" is down to personal opinion anyways, not fact. So I'd go with the bunch of albums as oppossed to the few as to me the older FM albums are just as good and were made in less time etc. though I know and respect that not everyone sees it that way. It's JMHO.

I guess it kinda ties in with how FM seem to have this attitude about the unreleased stuff and any answers about it always seem to be "oh well that doesn't meet up to scratch and you don't want to hear it". My feeling is "well, that is THEIR opinion and we have OUR opinions" so they should let us be the judge of that! I'd like to think they'd give us enough credit that we as fans are smart enough to take all of their "these tapes were never meant to be released" disclaimers in to account while listening to the suppossedly "inferior" tapes and that we woudn't just sit there with arms folded and say "oh this isn't anywhere near as good as "Rumours" (etc.)" but it remains to be seen if they will give us as fans such "credit" or not. JMHO though.

John
Old 11-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow John...

EXACTLY!! I was thinking that also, give me ALL you possibly can throw at me, whether YOU think it's crap or not!! Some HATE demos, I LOVE hearing demos, and some of the demos are actually IMO, better than some released songs!!

Thanks for responding, guys!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There really is VERY little that any incarnation of Fleetwood Mac have released (especially the LB eras) that I don't like. On top of that, I love the demos, and I especially love the live stuff.

I say give me everything you got!!!