User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This is freaking great! I hope there is no 2014 tour and just studio time for the band. John will still be recovering, so it'd make sense for him to ease into working again by hitting the studio for a few months than to be thrown straight into another tour.
it's 2013! (soon to be 2014!) why would they need to be in the studio for a year?

men of mac needed less than a month to record 8 songs. stevie and lindsey needed 4 days to finish 2 of those songs and record another whole song.

they need to finish an album and a tour in 2014.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's 2013! (soon to be 2014!) why would they need to be in the studio for a year?

men of mac needed less than a month to record 8 songs. stevie and lindsey needed 4 days to finish 2 of those songs and record another whole song.

I would love a Buckingham/McVie album.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Finish an album and a tour all in 2014?

No. 2014 and 2015, thank you.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Finish an album and a tour all in 2014?

No. 2014 and 2015, thank you.

Michele
yeah... first half of 2014, in fact.

i got it all planned for them:
  • feb-mar: AUS/NZ make-up dates
  • jun: glasto
  • june-july: 10-12 eu dates (italy, spain, poland, etc)
  • get the album out some time while on tour (may would work for me )
  • sept-nov: OMS2

i can dream.........

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The best thing in this article is the news that John's prognosis is good, and it looks like he will beat the cancer.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
The best thing in this article is the news that John's prognosis is good, and it looks like he will beat the cancer.
All I would say about John is that they have a party line and Christine knows the talking points and gave those talking points. The only new information we have about John is that he is undergoing treatment in Los Angeles, which I thought and hoped and am glad to have confirmed.

Based on their last concert appearances, I think they looked pretty happy, for the most part, so I believe them all that they expect him to be up and about soon -- even for Vegas.

But it's also clear that they have agreed upon what they are going to say to the press. Which is fine.

We heard them in that car that time, with Christine asking Mick what to say about Lindsey's epilepsy and Mick told her she couldn't say it was epilepsy and I think this is similar. They have discussed how to address the question and Christine said what John Mayall said.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
All I would say about John is that they have a party line and Christine knows the talking points and gave those talking points. The only new information we have about John is that he is undergoing treatment in Los Angeles, which I thought and hoped and am glad to have confirmed.

Based on their last concert appearances, I think they looked pretty happy, for the most part, so I believe them all that they expect him to be up and about soon -- even for Vegas.

But it's also clear that they have agreed upon what they are going to say to the press. Which is fine.

We heard them in that car that time, with Christine asking Mick what to say about Lindsey's epilepsy and Mick told her she couldn't say it was epilepsy and I think this is similar. They have discussed how to address the question and Christine said what John Mayall said.

Michele
Perhaps she's feeding the press about her return as well. She did the same thing with her London appearance. "If they have me, I'll perform."
Old 11-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Perhaps she's feeding the press about her return as well. She did the same thing with her London appearance. "If they have me, I'll perform."
I think so. And remember with that, Mick had already said that she'd probably do something and she just confirmed it. So, I take her comments about rejoining the band as more of a confirmation than a hope for a request that will "delight" her.

But yes, by putting it in the press, it's something that they will ask you about forever if it does not happen and something that will generate publicity if it does. So, no way was it an innocent, offhand comment. This was a great way to start the public relations ball rolling on that subject.

It's the same thing Mick and Lindsey have done earlier this year with their comments to the press. It's like a backdoor way to make things happen within FM.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this thread tickles me

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah... first half of 2014, in fact.

i got it all planned for them:
  • feb-mar: AUS/NZ make-up dates
  • jun: glasto
  • june-july: 10-12 eu dates (italy, spain, poland, etc)
  • get the album out some time while on tour (may would work for me )
  • sept-nov: OMS2

i can dream.........
Ok. Let me look at my agenda. And this is not what I want, it's just what I think. Although, I don't want you to have OMS2 until 2016, that much is true.

Make up dates for the rest of this tour this year. But those take place from June through the end of the year. They don't start early 2014 year. The tour this year doesn't include Christine, although I think that Mick might want her to play Glastonbury. So, maybe. Then, they work on the album this year as well. Then they tour as five in 2015.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hahaha, don't get me wrong, the sooner the better! I would love love love love them to release an album in 2014 AND begin a tour. However, this is Fleetwood Mac we are talking about! If the Rumours five are rejoining and making their first album together since 1987, they are going to require it to be PERFECT. Fleetwood Mac has not hurried to record an album since 1975 and I don't see them doing it now, but we can keep our fingers crossed!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac has not hurried to record an album since 1975 and I don't see them doing it now, but we can keep our fingers crossed!
I wonder if John's health scare would light a fire under them to work a little faster. Shake them out of their complacency a little.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahaha, don't get me wrong, the sooner the better! I would love love love love them to release an album in 2014 AND begin a tour. However, this is Fleetwood Mac we are talking about! If the Rumours five are rejoining and making their first album together since 1987, they are going to require it to be PERFECT. Fleetwood Mac has not hurried to record an album since 1975 and I don't see them doing it now, but we can keep our fingers crossed!
They're very different people in very different times. With technology, sobriety, maturity, and an outside producer who can keep them focused, it could easily be done in a month or two.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, do we owe Steven Tyler a thank you card?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hey, do we owe Steven Tyler a thank you card?
No. We owe Mick. She was going to do it anyway, no matter who made the call Steven Tyler, Rick Vito or me. Mick got her primed.

Michele