The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 08-14-2023, 08:09 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Did she also tell the crowd that I Sing For the Things is on The Wild Heart album? I wonder if Waddy, Sharon, and Marilyn know that it's on Rock A Little.
Yes, she initially said "I Sing for the Things" was recorded for "Bella Donna", but there was no room on the album. Then she mistakenly said "I Sing for the Things" made it on "The Wild Heart" album. You would think someone on her team would have corrected her by now. Her team is probably so used to her speeches, they don't listen and tune her out.

The only reason I can think of for this mistake is that the up-tempo version she plays in concert sounds like the demo she recorded for "The Wild Heart".

Also, it was the 80's and everyone was constantly high. Facts and memory get distorted.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-14-2023, 08:49 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Yes, she initially said "I Sing for the Things" was recorded for "Bella Donna", but there was no room on the album. Then she mistakenly said "I Sing for the Things" made it on "The Wild Heart" album. You would think someone on her team would have corrected her by now. Her team is probably so used to her speeches, they don't listen and tune her out.

The only reason I can think of for this mistake is that the up-tempo version she plays in concert sounds like the demo she recorded for "The Wild Heart".
Yeah, she may just be thinking I Sing For the Things was on the Wild Heart album because the demo was on the WH deluxe edition. As for why no one in her band has corrected her- probably because none of them know it was on Rock a Little. We fans know every song on each album, sometimes even the album sequence, but I doubt anyone in her band knows these things. It would be amusing though, if the next time Stevie introduces I Sing For the Things as being on the Wild Heart, and Sharon interrupted and said “excuse me Stevie, but actually it was on your Rock a Little album,” but I just don’t see that happening
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-14-2023, 08:54 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
We fans know every song on each album, sometimes even the album sequence
Stevie does have a very bad memory, which I think is from the drug abuse, Klonopin, and perhaps now from long COVID-19 considering she told her audience earlier this year she was in bed for a month.

Elton, Bruce, Billy, and Madonna know what albums their songs are from.

Stevie could have Rock A Little on the teleprompter. You'd think the reviewer would have fact chekced!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-14-2023, 10:40 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
From our seats very close to the stage, the sound was jarring and harsh. It was like the vocals were piping out of a jangling echo chamber. It was just the oddest thing. I could see the band playing and putting all of their effort into the show - but the sound system was bizarre. I actually wanted ear plugs at one point - and I have NEVER been that person.

Just give me a real rock and roll band onstage - flaws and all. I don't need this bizarre technology. It kills the joy and spontaneity of live music.
I agree completely. I hate tracks. "We can't sing anymore, so here are some karaoke tracks to help us cover that up!"
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-14-2023, 11:26 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,143
Default

Yet she herself swears she has a memory like a little steel trap
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 08-15-2023, 12:21 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yet she herself swears she has a memory like a little steel trap
That trap is rusty af.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-15-2023, 07:30 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,931
Default

Stevie told the Houston crowd that she'll probably see them next year, hopefully sooner. I'm guessing more stadium shows with Billy Joel and arena gigs in between next year!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-15-2023, 07:46 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I don't need this bizarre technology. It kills the joy and spontaneity of live music.
Would you say that to Lindsey Buckingham?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-20-2023, 08:06 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,931
Default

Kansas City. Was anyone at Kansas City yesterday? The setlist website appears to show that she didn't sing I Sing For The Things.

It also says Bella Donna was played and not Wild Heart but that is not true. A lot of people sadly probably think it's one song because of the way it's presented as snippets of two songs these days.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-20-2023, 08:59 AM
mikemono411 mikemono411 is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Kansas City. Was anyone at Kansas City yesterday? The setlist website appears to show that she didn't sing I Sing For The Things.

It also says Bella Donna was played and not Wild Heart but that is not true. A lot of people sadly probably think it's one song because of the way it's presented as snippets of two songs these days.
When I saw her in Philly the person updating the set list also just listed “Bella Donna” and my guess is yes the playing of “Wild Heart” in conjunction with it is what makes casual fans not know the difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Yes, she initially said "I Sing for the Things" was recorded for "Bella Donna", but there was no room on the album. Then she mistakenly said "I Sing for the Things" made it on "The Wild Heart" album. You would think someone on her team would have corrected her by now. Her team is probably so used to her speeches, they don't listen and tune her out.

The only reason I can think of for this mistake is that the up-tempo version she plays in concert sounds like the demo she recorded for "The Wild Heart".

Also, it was the 80's and everyone was constantly high. Facts and memory get distorted.
Even at the first show she played “I Sing for The Things” she never said the album it first appeared on but she did acknowledge that Waddy thought the final version of the song was “agonizing” and that it was recorded during a rough time (saying “I was not in a good place”).. However, she was closer to saying the correct year then and said it probably came out around 1986. But then, in the coming shows, she started adding ‘Bella Donna’ to the story and recalled it was tried out for ‘The Wild Heart’ (which we know to be be true per the deluxe edition) and didn’t really examine the timing of this song any further beyond that LOL
Even if she did play it, fans who update the setlist fm site often get the title wrong, even recently mistaking it for “After the Glitter Fades” — and even though she typically says a longer version of the title (“I Sing for the Things Money Can’t Buy”) before performing it. I just think people don’t listen or care to get things right unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-20-2023, 02:33 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Kansas City. Was anyone at Kansas City yesterday? The setlist website appears to show that she didn't sing I Sing For The Things.

It also says Bella Donna was played and not Wild Heart but that is not true. A lot of people sadly probably think it's one song because of the way it's presented as snippets of two songs these days.
I seriously doubt this is true.

The entire show is performed with the accompaniment of PRE-RECORDED TRACKS - therefore, it is very hard to deviate from or change the set list.
A song can be taken out, but the arrangement of the Bella Donna/Wild Heart sequence cannot be changed on a whim.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-21-2023, 07:13 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,931
Default

Is there any creative commitment to this tour or is it purely a cash grab tour? She's not playing a ton of lost or forgotten songs or promoting any album/s
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-21-2023, 12:44 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is there any creative commitment to this tour or is it purely a cash grab tour? She's not playing a ton of lost or forgotten songs or promoting any album/s
She hasn’t done anything creative from a touring standpoint in years. This is a cash grab. You could argue Fleetwood Mac hasn’t done a creative tour in 20 years. A few new songs in 2013 but that was it. BuckVie was the most commitment to doing something unique by Fleetwood Mac in ages and they couldn’t even market it appropriately as Fleetwood Mac despite involving Fleetwood and both Macs.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-22-2023, 07:41 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,787
Default

The entire Houston concert has been uploaded and its fantastic quality. I love the photo at 1:46:34. Stevie and Chris's expressions are heart felt. Her people photoshopped so many photos during her Prince tribute that I hope this one is not. Stevie looks without make up but Chris looks made up.
Anyway here is the concert in its entirety. A few glimpses of the arena show a full house packed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7RTW7AXJak
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-22-2023 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-22-2023, 11:36 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The entire Houston concert has been uploaded and its fantastic quality. I love the photo at 1:46:34. Stevie and Chris's expressions are heart felt. Her people photoshopped so many photos during her Prince tribute that I hope this one is not. Stevie looks without make up but Chris looks made up.
Anyway here is the concert in its entirety. A few glimpses of the arena show a full house packed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7RTW7AXJak
Thanks for sharing that. I just watched it and enjoyed several moments, though naturally time is relentless and several things have changed since 2014 (the last time I saw her), like Stand Back's spinning and especially how she moved during Gold Dust Woman 2014, which was the Stevie moment I liked the most at that time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac Signed LP Rumors 1977 5 Musicians Christine Mcvie picture

Fleetwood Mac Signed LP Rumors 1977 5 Musicians Christine Mcvie

$500.00



PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie [New CD] picture

PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie [New CD]

$16.44



PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - In The Meantime [New CD] picture

PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - In The Meantime [New CD]

$16.44



PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - In The Meantime [New Vinyl LP] picture

PRE-ORDER Christine McVie - In The Meantime [New Vinyl LP]

$32.03



Christine McVie ā€ˇThe Legendary Perfect Album Vinyl LP Record Solo Fleetwood Mac picture

Christine McVie ā€ˇThe Legendary Perfect Album Vinyl LP Record Solo Fleetwood Mac

$22.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Ā© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved