Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's fun and interesting to speculate, but going purple with rage over nothing more than speculation is silly and a destructive waste of emotional energy.

In other words, let's wait for more hard facts to get all worked up. All this weeping and gnashing of teeth is based upon very little.

To me, though, what's even worse than the premature despair is the premature anger.

Let's condemn people for what they actually do, not what we speculate they maybe might be doing... or maybe might be planning on doing... or maybe might be considering doing at some point.... sigh.

Saving your outrage until you're CERTAIN it's deserved means you spend a lot less time being furious... and that's a good thing!

Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Oh, rage is bottomless. You can have some now and then have some more later on. Doesn't cost anything to get a head start.

Michele
Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with sodascouts' post. It's (mildly) enjoyable to speculate on what might happen, but ultimately, we won't know the outcome until an eventual release/s.
I must admit, however, I did giggle over the comment someone made about Stevie pissing all over the other members of the band. The funny thing is that she doesn't even bother to sit down these days...
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I agree with sodascouts' post. It's (mildly) enjoyable to speculate on what might happen, but ultimately, we won't know the outcome until an eventual release/s.
Well, I hope we know something before an actual release. I hope someone will say something definitively before the thing is actually on ITunes!

Michele
Old 04-30-2014, 03:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Last year during Stevie's Q&A she said she had wrote songs for another album. I bet she was planning on going back to solo work after the last FWM tour and had everything planed out. Now all of a sudden Christine wants back in the band (thank God) and the band wants to go back out. I think that threw a wrench in Stevie's plans. She graciously signed on for the tour for Christs sake even if she doesn't contribute anything to a Mac album. I'm positive she will give them something. She's has been juggling solo and Mac for years and years. She won't disappoint. Except if you hate her because she will have songs on the album. Sorry.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
No one knows for sure, but probably. Don't forget he's also turned some of her demos into some real clunkers, like "Not Make Believe". After I heard it I actually thought to myself, geez - was he mad at her or something??

But this is all subjective to the listener of course.

Jamie
Of course it's subjective, and no one is wrong. If you like a song, you like it, and that's that. On SYW, however, I would caution against giving Lindsey too much credit or blame for production on Stevie's songs. I think her songs sound the way they do because of her. She probably straddled the line of leaving them as she wanted them and letting Lindsey do his thing. It was clear in the documentary she had a lot of say in what was going on. Had he just been allowed to do his thing, the result would have been a more cohesive sound, for better or for worse. As it is, the collection of songs is uneven -- and even Lindsey admits that now while at the time he was claiming it was the best material they had done.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Still, she does more then most artist.
Exactly how so?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^Oh, rage is bottomless. You can have some now and then have some more later on. Doesn't cost anything to get a head start.

Michele
exactly my thinking!

plus now i can nurse some stupid illusion that everything has not been decided yet and that there can be some adjusting of the course... later it will be a done deal. no use to rage over something that's already done. at that point you just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I must admit, however, I did giggle over the comment someone made about Stevie pissing all over the other members of the band. The funny thing is that she doesn't even bother to sit down these days...
if it was something i wrote - you are welcome! i aim to please.
and i agree with you re not sitting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I hope we know something before an actual release. I hope someone will say something definitively before the thing is actually on ITunes!
you know that won't happen! if history could teach us anything... unless it comes out during the tour and LB starts talking to fans in the front, again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
I posted a while ago(somewhere) that I got the impression that Stevie,despite how she professed her feelings of sadness when Chris left,was not real thrilled about her return.My take on this is this: Stevie MUST be the one getting all the attention at all times and at all costs.This Christine thing going on is like a thorn in her side and has created a REAL jealously issue.The main attraction in this tour is clearly Chris's return and Stevie knows that all eyes are going to be on Chris and not her.This is very difficult for a diva like Stevie to take.So,back to the question at hand:why would she release a solo record and tour behind it(a very short tour) when she's already supposedly involved with FM and a huge tour?IMO, if she can't get her needed attention onstage with the Mac then by God she'll get it on her own.One way or another she will NOT be ignored (by the fans or the press).
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I posted a while ago(somewhere) that I got the impression that Stevie,despite how she professed her feelings of sadness when Chris left,was not real thrilled about her return.My take on this is this: Stevie MUST be the one getting all the attention at all times and at all costs.This Christine thing going on is like a thorn in her side and has created a REAL jealously issue.The main attraction in this tour is clearly Chris's return and Stevie knows that all eyes are going to be on Chris and not her.This is very difficult for a diva like Stevie to take.So,back to the question at hand:why would she release a solo record and tour behind it(a very short tour) when she's already supposedly involved with FM and a huge tour?IMO, if she can't get her needed attention onstage with the Mac then by God she'll get it on her own.One way or another she will NOT be ignored (by the fans or the press).
This is a little exaggerated.

To me, her sadness over Christine's absence and her hopefulness of her return has always seemed genuine.

I watched a talk she gave before the premiere of her documentary somewhere, and she went on a lot about wanting to do many more tours of her own. I don't think it has anything to do with attention but that she just truly enjoys being her own self - her own artist. She's said over and over that 3 songs every FM album just isn't enough.

To say this is all about jealousy over Christine's return is a stretch and a little immature quite honestly.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post

I watched a talk she gave before the premiere of her documentary somewhere, and she went on a lot about wanting to do many more tours of her own. I don't think it has anything to do with attention but that she just truly enjoys being her own self - her own artist. She's said over and over that 3 songs every FM album just isn't enough.
She went 10 years between solo albums and there was only 1 FM in the meantime so I don't think that quote about 3 songs not being enough is still relevant. FM is not a regular thing for her especially not in the studio. So far, as far as we know right now, she hasn't given a song to FM since 2003, aside from "Without You" which was 40 years old and not even intended for FM. Her relative lack of output is all on her at this point.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
She went 10 years between solo albums and there was only 1 FM in the meantime so I don't think that quote about 3 songs not being enough is still relevant. FM is not a regular thing for her especially not in the studio. So far, as far as we know right now, she hasn't given a song to FM since 2003, aside from "Without You" which was 40 years old and not even intended for FM. Her relative lack of output is all on her at this point.
She's been saying that since "Bella Donna" and 35 years ago it was a valid point...She certainly had more than 3 songs on "SYW"...FM's gone 11 years between albums if you don't count "EP" so their relative lack of output is all on them...
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I highly doubt this is the case...None of what Stevie is doing in Nashville is cheap so for her to pay for time at Blackbird a "Wrecking crew" a producer (She may have also hired another well know producer to co-produce with Dave) and who knows what else and then just hurriedly throw it out there before the FM tour just so she can get some extra attention is ridiculous...
I would be shocked if Stevie had a new record out this year...Most likely she will put it out next year when she can have time to promote and tour the new album properly...
Old 05-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
She's been saying that since "Bella Donna" and 35 years ago it was a valid point...She certainly had more than 3 songs on "SYW"...FM's gone 11 years between albums if you don't count "EP" so their relative lack of output is all on them...
My point is it can't be a valid point of argument anymore for her putting out a solo album anymore. She can do that whenever she wants. A FM tour every 3-4 years and never recording is not time consuming enough to keep her from putting a solo album out whenever she wants. She's not putting out solo albums because 3 songs isn't enough. And that's a good point that last time they did do an album she got 9 songs.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it's been many moons ago that Christine called her the mad songwriter and she needed an outlet for her proficient outpourings. She does solo albums because they fulfill her in ways that FM can't anymore.

Michele