User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Hi Sharksfan, can you recall the obviously false date?
I had a crash on my external hard disk crash containing my complete audio collection. A real disaster, but thankfully about 80% has been restored. Right now I'm trying to get some insight in what has been lost. I may have lost (part of) that concert so it would be nice to get it back from Wolfgangs Vault.
Sorry to hear about your hard drive, Wouter. Hope you haven't lost too much. This is the Wolfgang's Vault show:
Cue Club (Gothenburg, Sweden) - Nov 2, 1969

They originally had this listed for 23 March 1969, but it's obvious that both this and the November 1969 dates are incorrect. Hope this helps!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wouter,
This show first surfaced late in 2009 on Wolfgang’s Vault. It was said to be from Dinky Dawson’s personal collection, and the original posting listed the show as having been recorded at the Konserthuest on March 23, 1969.
An e-mail campaign spearheaded by perceptive fans eventually lead the site to “correct” that date to November 02, 1969.
Having capitulated to make the one change, the site apparently has no interest in changing it again, despite repeated attempts by the fans to explain to them that the second date is also incorrect.
If it is accepted that the show was from one of their Scandinavian tours, then based on the performances, I would date the show as April 02, 1970.
It should also be noted that the site lists the venue as “The Cue Room”, yet most sources agree the correct name is “The Cue Club”.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 03-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, guys. As a matter of fact I already downloaded from Wolfgangs Vault, not realising the date confusions.
As for the hard drive, I have approximately 4000 unknown files to investiagate....
Keeps me off the streets