User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What answers could be in the suitcase? Barbara's suitcase is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.
This made me LOL.

Quote:
Four generations? A generation is not a decade. I think a generation is how long it takes to grow up and have kids, so like 18-20 years. FM hasn't been together for 80 years.
I thought the same thing. No band has been around for 4 generations. No, not even the Stones.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
So funny you mention that. After I watched this interview I was thinking how Stevie is always so somber and serious in all of her interviews. It's like she goes into drama mode when she talks about her life and Fleetwood Mac. It's not a big deal really, except that when she is caught in candid moments, she seems much more upbeat and cheerful. And several people who know her have commented on her great sense of humor. It definitely seems like she has distinct public and private personas.
Totally. Most of the time when she is on, she is 100% on. I like the candid much better. She's way too guarded and careful otherwise and will be led by interviewer comments that may or may not be true. But, she will roll with it if that's what they believe. I get why. It's convenient, helps her to keep her guard up and probably just easier than constantly explaining things that you'd just as soon not talk about or keep private or maintain a persona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
This made me LOL.

I thought the same thing. No band has been around for 4 generations. No, not even the Stones.
Yes, there were a lot of exaggerations. Stevie & Lindsey fighting for 30 years. Nope. (Not one long continual not speaking from the 1976 break up as was insinuated anyway) The airplane thing? Nope. (Not for "30" years)
Old 08-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yes, there were a lot of exaggerations. Stevie & Lindsey fighting for 30 years. Nope. (Not one long continual not speaking from the 1976 break up as was insinuated anyway) The airplane thing? Nope. (Not for "30" years)
I think they were fighting on and off for 30 years, but don't see it as a cold war. That's why Doesn't Anything Last made me giggle, because I can't imagine Stevie not having anything to say the last time Lindsey saw her. So, I didn't particularly think it was about her.

The fact that Stevie wrote about it in her diary (so sad to see a good love go bad) suggests to me that there was a particular airplane ride where they sat far away from each other in the plane and didn't talk and it was significant to her, because that's not usually the way it was. I don't think they were buddy buddy, but I think that when the band was touring or working, SnL were probably fairly close to each other physically, in each other's personal space, getting on each other's nerves and bickering more often than they were far apart and not speaking.

Michele
Old 08-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks nicole for the link. I'm capturing it now.Will see later if it works.

I will upload it for keepers if it works later.

I agree Michele about the digital only releases .It sucks.

This morning I heard a report on WCBS News 880 in NYC that vinyl is coming back stronger then ever.

I'm so happy hearing that.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks nicole for the link. I'm capturing it now.Will see later if it works.

I will upload it for keepers if it works later.

I agree Michele about the digital only releases .It sucks.
Well, it's just that we've seen some of that old footage before, but not in such good video quality. I'm glad it exists, but it just brings home everything that fans don't have.

Michele
Old 08-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they were fighting on and off for 30 years, but don't see it as a cold war. That's why Doesn't Anything Last made me giggle, because I can't imagine Stevie not having anything to say the last time Lindsey saw her. So, I didn't particularly think it was about her.

The fact that Stevie wrote about it in her diary (so sad to see a good love go bad) suggests to me that there was a particular airplane ride where they sat far away from each other in the plane and didn't talk and it was significant to her, because that's not usually the way it was. I don't think they were buddy buddy, but I think that when the band was touring or working, SnL were probably fairly close to each other physically, in each other's personal space, getting on each other's nerves and bickering more often than they were far apart and not speaking.

Michele
That's what I mean. Stevie's one time we sat far apart because we were ticked turns into 30 years - which actually even if it was 100% true and not embellished is not accurate anyway because 1976 to 1987 is 11 years. We all know they have been pushing the "we're all good & have made up and are friends or friendly" line since 1997. I think it's assumed the fans either forget that - as Mick said "people think we hate each other" - or they are addressing the uninformed just in case - and so every tour since that's what they promote. But it always turns into SnL had a big fight and weren't speaking since 1976 or 1987 or 1997 or 2003 or 2004.... I mean that's all they've got now anyway to sort of conjure up.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing that I didn't like was her makeup. It's clear that the interview was done just before the show, so her face is made up for the stage (ie. looks natural from afar but bold and exaggerated closeup).
Old 08-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Mick looked , understandably, super tired. Having to do an interview at the very end of a 45 date tour had to suck. I think the tiredness affected Stevie's mood at the time as well. Regardless, always good to see new interviews. Thanks for posting.

Oh, and I think the dog in the dog bed was Karen's. Stevie talked about her getting a new puppy back in October 2011. Her name is Bella.

Jamie
Old 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love it. Wish I could have it on DVD.

Michele
I'll rip it on DVD for you if you want ... or a usb. lemme know. It's about a gig.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think it's assumed the fans either forget that - as Mick said "people think we hate each other" - or they are addressing the uninformed just in case - and so every tour since that's what they promote.
Or I think Stevie and Lindsey are slightly unhinged mentally. I think they do it even when there's no interviewer prompting them. You're right, there is nothing they didn't also say back in 2003, when it used to be bittersweet and now it's just sweet.

It's fun to wonder what they'll say about this tour 2 years from now.

When she talked about telling him why they broke up, I remembered her discussing how Rick Vito would come to her house 25 years ago and she said Lindsey could never come to her house to work because they'd just end up in an argument for hours about why they broke up 10 years earlier. I think Lindsey and Stevie have had that "what went wrong" conversation roughly a trillion times, so it's hilarious for Stevie to say Lindsey responded, "I wish you had told me this earlier."

Michele

Last edited by ThePenguin; 08-11-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it's just that we've seen some of that old footage before, but not in such good video quality. I'm glad it exists, but it just brings home everything that fans don't have.

Michele
Yes I agree.It would be great if FM dumps them on DVD collection like Stevie did on the CV DVD.

I got the video to download.

The video is processing now and uploaded later on my cloud drive to share.
Hopefully by the end of tonight do to my slow connection today.

The point when Stevie and her mom Barbara came up made me sad because I thought about my mom.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Ledgie

~200MB .flv file here. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I figured multiple download links couldn't hurt
Old 08-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie3466 View Post
~200MB .flv file here. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I figured multiple download links couldn't hurt
Thanks.Yes its good to have backups. I got mine uploading now which will be ready in 90 minutes.

anyway heres a preview they aired over there for tonight's/last nights show.

http://www.adrive.com/public/FbTGWk/...th%20Pink..avi

Old 08-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John is the only one of the 1975 crew who has done a Ledge Q & A so mad kudos, but still I think he's slacking and should be docked some pay for not doing a single interview this tour.

He did one for Unleashed, during that first group press conference they had. This time around, I wouldn't ask him to leave his house or boat for a press junket, but if the interview takes place back stage and he is ALREADY back stage, he can participate. The only exception is if he or a family member has health needs and he needs as much time to himself as possible. Otherwise, step up to the mic buddy, just ONCE during this tour, please.

Michele
Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres my copy of the interview.

http://www.adrive.com/public/JnuDxN/...08-11-2013.avi

Warning BIG File. approx 400mb

Enjoy.