User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's 'originality'??

Earlier someone mentioned Wild Heart, and I thought about the backstage video that showed how she blatantly wrote it to a piece of Lindsey's music from Mirage.... but he is not credited at all on songwriting credits. Then she wrote Stand Back over Prince's own song (Little Red Corvette) and at the time you may recall she did NOT admit to ripping him off-- that came many years later. Then there's the infamous 'I wrote a song to a Tom Petty track and told no one' and only when Tom found out and ripped her a new one did she go to FM and say 'we can't used it coz I ripped it off w/out permission from Tom'.... she also wrote She Loves Him Still over a Mark Knopfler track and I read somewhere Knopfler was NOT happy about it and wouldn't let her use it until years later when doing the 24k album-- Dave Stewart supposedly played a role in persuading him to ok using it. Oh, and then there was the ripping off of The Police for the track on Edge of 17, though that's a bit murkier as to who is responsible for that; Waddy's comments on it made it sound like maybe it was a production team decision .......