The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she has to accept that if she doesn't want to be pissed off all the time.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Wow, good eye! Sure looks like her to me. And I never noticed LBT back there before, but you can see Karen, during Don't Stop, back behind Brett, taking pics on her iPhone, just like the rest of us fans

I noticed that KB (if that's her) is happily dancing and singing to Don't Stop and GYOW, but seems uninterested in Landslide, and is just goofing around with her friend through most of it
Ok I watched and, maybe it's just me, but I thought it was freaking adorable of Kristen to be dancing and singing along- particularly to her husband's songs. Sweet.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Really. Remember when she stopped one of her shows and lectured some fans who were at the stage recording? Guess she's reluctantly let some of that go.
Really?? She actually stopped a show? Wow...I have heard some stories about people in FM getting mad at photography and I know Stevie hates youtube. I went to the show back in the Spring and the venue didn't allow photography. Everyone did it anyway and security was hounding people and kept saying it was the band's request. My reply to that was "uh, Lindsey Buckingham just let a bunch of people play his guitar, they are really that worried about photography?" So maybe its Stevie? so weird.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Really?? She actually stopped a show?
I have the recording. She didn't stop the show and she didn't lecture anyone. When she finished singing Dreams she politely asked 3 fans not to film her because it was distracting to her, and then politely explained why. It only took a minute and then the show continued.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have the recording. She didn't stop the show and she didn't lecture anyone. When she finished singing Dreams she politely asked 3 fans not to film her because it was distracting to her, and then politely explained why. It only took a minute and then the show continued.
Sorry for the embellishment, it's been a while. I was just making a point that she actually said it in a show and addressed specific fans instead of just complaining about it in interviews. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Sorry for the embellishment, it's been a while. I was just making a point that she actually said it in a show and addressed specific fans instead of just complaining about it in interviews. Thanks for clarifying.
ahh well that is a little better than how I was perceiving it lol, still though. If you are a big enough star, don't you kind of have to expect that from fans? I mean I guess its one thing to be obnoxious about it, but if you are quietly just holding your phone up, I never got what the big deal was. Does anyone know if Lindsey is the same way? I swear I heard I story of him letting a fan take a video of him during a meet and greet of him saying hi to friends/other fans on the phone. Not too sure though...
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ahh well that is a little better than how I was perceiving it lol, still though. If you are a big enough star, don't you kind of have to expect that from fans? I mean I guess its one thing to be obnoxious about it, but if you are quietly just holding your phone up, I never got what the big deal was. Does anyone know if Lindsey is the same way? I swear I heard I story of him letting a fan take a video of him during a meet and greet of him saying hi to friends/other fans on the phone. Not too sure though...
I think the internet and the onslaught of social media has been a challenge to all the veteran artists, Lindsey included although he seemed to eventually take it in stride a lot sooner than Stevie. I remember Stevie making a comment once about not wanting to do new songs in concert before they were released for sale because they would end up on YouTube the next day. Also, she knows what her best "angles" are and she knows fans are going to post all this stuff online, and it's not something she can control. I'm sure that's a hard adjustment after you've spent 35+ years carefully crafting how your audience sees you. It seems she has come to terms with that a lot more now.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i've been following Lindsey around just since 2011, so i can't tell you his reactions before that.

what i can tell you is that since 2011 he never had any problems with people filming him and i am usually doing it right in front of his face, and i know he sees me most of the time. sometimes after several songs he starts laughing and telling me to put that camera away; i never do. also in my experience when you are filming where he can see you security won't touch you, even though they may stop people a bit further away and say that "performer doesn't allow it".

a friend who was with me asked him after one of his solo shows whether she can put a video of one of his songs she recorded during the show on youtube, he hesitated a bit and said "as long a it looks fine" or something like that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely got the impression during the UTS tour that Lindsey didn't like people taking pictures. It was odd to me, because FM seemed to allow them during the SYW concert (even if your ticket and venue posting said otherwise) and so I didn't think it would be any big deal for Lindsey. But not only did the venues enforce it, but one time AT THE END OF THE SHOW, Lindsey looked at me like ... I can't say he looked angry, but he didn't look happy. So he looked at me and then security came and told me to put the camera away. It was like GYOW. I didn't think anyone would care by then. I got so flustered that I thought I put my camera in my purse, but I must have dropped it.

I lost that camera and I'd never had a Leica before and kind of liked it.

Obviously, during subsequent tours, Lindsey doesn't seem to mind anymore.

Michele
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^It wasn't even GYOW. I think it was Holiday Road.

Michele
Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^It wasn't even GYOW. I think it was Holiday Road.

Michele
Bahaha he prob was hesitant to have videos up on YouTube of him barking like a dog