User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey, Nuttycombe, Lambert

San Luis Obispo County Tribune

[This is an article about Cafe Musique. In discussing how the band was re-formed they talk about guitarist Craig Nuttycombe's early start (and failure) in music and mention Lindsey.]

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/ticket/story/269656.html

“I tell people that he and Denis (Lambert) were going to be the next Simon & Garfunkel,” Inglish said.

Nuttycombe was produced by Glyn Johns, who also produced The Beatles, the Eagles, the Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton. It was Johns who had Lindsey Buckingham do some session work for a Lambert and Nuttycombe album.

“It was at a time before he and Stevie Nicks had joined Fleetwood Mac,” Nuttycombe said. “They were living at (Johns’) house — Lindsey was getting ready to do an album with him—so he just had Lindsay come down and do a couple of songs.”

The duo had potential but Nuttycombe’s partner was addicted to heroin, and the duo eventually split. (Lambert committed suicide in 1997.)
Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whoa!!

This gets more & more interesting. So Stevie lived in Johns's home? Was Johns there at the time?

WHOA.....
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Whoa!!

This gets more & more interesting. So Stevie lived in Johns's home? Was Johns there at the time?

WHOA.....
More to the point David, I told you Lindsey was a famous session player!

Quote:
Was Johns there at the time?
Was Keith there at the time?

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 02-07-2008 at 03:51 PM..
Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And here's something ELSE to ponder:

Ethan Johns, who produced or played on some stuff for Stevie ("Inspiration" I think), is the SON of Glyn Johns!!!!!!!!

Now WHAT THE HELL is GOING ON HERE?!

I am totally busted up by this, & totally freaked out!!!

What. Went. Down. Between. Stevie. And. Glyn?*?*?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know that this info will be helpful to anyone, but I remembered the names Nuttycombe & Lambert from The Penguin's Q&A:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/waddy_3.htm

It mentions both Waddy Wachtel and Lindsey Buckingham being on Nuttycombe & Lambert's "As You Will" album in 1973. Lindsey and Waddy were good friends at that time, apparently, as Waddy, elsewhere on that Q&A, mentions getting Lindsey the job working for the Everly Brothers as Waddy was already doing serious sessions work. Maybe he also made the connection to N & L, as Stevie, Lindsey & Waddy all hung out together, or Lindsey brought Waddy in.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/lambert_nuttycombe/bio.html

There's info about Lindsey & Waddy is on part 2.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/lambert_nuttycombe/bio.html

There's info about Lindsey & Waddy is on part 2.
Lindsey played banjo. That's always fun to think about, from Nuttycombe to the Dance version of SYLM.

Michele
Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And here's something ELSE to ponder:

Ethan Johns, who produced or played on some stuff for Stevie ("Inspiration" I think), is the SON of Glyn Johns!!!!!!!!

Now WHAT THE HELL is GOING ON HERE?!

I am totally busted up by this, & totally freaked out!!!

What. Went. Down. Between. Stevie. And. Glyn?*?*?
Remember, Glyn was the original producer of Street Angel, so that's why Ethan was involved in that. So according to this she knew him from before the Mac days.
And according to rumour, speculation and all sorts of scandulous Ledgie talk, she and Glyn didn't get on. Seems he was rather hard on her, and she didn't like the resulting album, which is why she and Thom Whatshisname went back and reworked the album and took Glyn's name off it.
That's all I can remember. I bet Vanessa remembers more!

Last edited by trackaghost; 02-08-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Old 02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So if they re-worked it, why is Street Angel still so horrible? Just beyond repair?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
So if they re-worked it, why is Street Angel still so horrible? Just beyond repair?
Yep, the songs are horrible, her voice is horrible, I can't imagine there's much they could have done with it. But you know, maybe that's why Glyn was pushing her, to make it better.
I guess her previous producers - Lindsey, Jimmy Iovine, Rupert Hines - well, she had dated them all. Maybe Glyn wasn't such a pushover or easy to charm.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Remember, Glyn was the original producer of Street Angel, so that's why Ethan was involved in that. So according to this she knew him from before the Mac days.
Didn't he also co-write one of those tunes on Rock a Little with Amy Television?

Quote:
And according to rumour, speculation and all sorts of scandulous Ledgie talk, she and Glyn didn't get on. Seems he was rather hard on her, and she didn't like the resulting album, which is why she and Thom Whatshisname went back and reworked the album and took Glyn's name off it.
Yep, she & he had a bad time together. I'm thinking of her comments in the Mary Turner Off the Record from 1994. She won't even mention his name because he might sue her (she thinks).

BUT ISN'T THAT WEIRD THAT ETHAN & GLYN HAVE TIES TO STEVIE THAT MAY PREDATE WHAT WE THINK THEY ARE? (shivers)
I get a cold chill.....
Old 02-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I had to guess, I would say they knew Glyn Johns back then (and probably knew Andy Johns too, for that matter) and that's how Lindsey came to work with Nuttycombe. But the part about living with him is probably just confused with their relationship with Keith Olsen.

Michele
Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
That's all I can remember. I bet Vanessa remembers more!
No, that's pretty much it. Except that Thom's last name is Panunzio. Glyn's name only appears in a few song credits. She didn't speak too highly of him during SA promo. It cracks me up, because our girl will come up with any excuse to get out of receiving the blame. I bet you 20 bucks that it wasn't the quality of the album that was the cause of them not getting along. DivaStevelah doesn't play well with people that are 'too hard on her'. And hey, if the finished product is really a salvaged version, I don't even want to hear what Glyn did with it originally. Or maybe I do... Can it get any worse?

Last edited by danax6; 02-08-2008 at 01:48 PM..