User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Would everyone go and listen to the end of the song in head phones please. He never sings about a phony anything.
No, he definitely doesn't.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Would everyone go and listen to the end of the song in head phones please. He never sings about a phony anything. If you hear this, please tell us the exact time in the song in which he does so. I've already sent this question on to Lindsey but I hope for the sake of other better questions he skips it cause to me there's no controversy over what he's saying.
So, he is not saying "phony?" Maybe it is "funny nutrition" in acknowledgment of his growing addiction to wheat thins! Oh well . . .

For the record, I don't think he's saying "Annie" either.

Actually, the only real question I have about what he's saying comes up when I'm watching the Slow Dancing video. I can't actually verbalize it, without the video in front of me, but you know there are little monsters or flowers or something, little heads that are talking. What are they saying? Until I saw the video, I thought that was just music. I didn't know there were actual additional lyrics there. But they are saying something. Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's always the possibility we have different versions. I bought mine over 20 years ago when it was brand new and on my copy which I haven't listened to in more than a decade I might add, he sings, "she's a lot like you, phony musician" several times at the end of the song. Maybe it was remixed and released later with a different version? I'll give another example. In 1982 I bought Mirage on the day of its release and of course I loved and played Straight Back a million times. A few months later I made a new Stevie friend and she had purchased only the cassette version of Mirage and one day when we were listening to her tape in the car I was like,"WTF!" Her version of Straight Back was diff. than the album version!!! Are you guys aware of this fact? Soooooooooooo maybe it might be the same w/Lindsey's song, who knows? I don't even know if I have it on cassette or album, I'll have to go look and listen and then get back to ya'll.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yes. Certainly not in the way that Stevie works, by romanticizing the romanticism, like Lindsey once pointed out. And not even Stevie writes songs like Because You Loved Me, which is the other side of the romance coin, the fluffy side. I think Lindsey views his songs as more realistic and down to earth, whereas Stevie's songs, though taken from real life also, always have to have that extra dramatic pitch and are often layered with nice things to make them more hopeful and ~magickal~. A good example is Planets of the Universe, which she changed the words to because the original song was too harsh. That's something I think Lindsey would never do.
I don't find the overriding message hopeful in Dreams, as the heart beat has driven him mad (in classic telltale, guilt-ridden Poe style) pining for what he has lost, long before the rain washes him clean.

On the other hand, having someone offer to give you the world, if you would only take it from them, is a beautiful love song, Stevemeister. So, don't say he never wrote any for you.

Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He seriously is not saying phony musician, phony magician, or anything of the sort.

Not on vinyl, not on cassette, and not on cd.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
He seriously is not saying phony musician, phony magician, or anything of the sort.

Not on vinyl, not on cassette, and not on cd.
What! I'm positive about phony magician and that's also a reference to the sleight of hand she uses in twirling the tamborine, which he probably doesn't think is all that hot of a talent.

About Stevie's lyrics, I just wanted to add that the change she makes to Don't Stop is very annoying. If the alteration is to make the song less negative -- that's the most upbeat song in the band's repertoire already! If the alteration is just because she doesn't know the doggone words, well that's troublesome too. Christine couldn't care less, but for someone who puts so much store in their own lyrics, Stevie should be a bit more mindful of the bandmate's. Wasn't good equals BAD. Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
On the other hand, having someone offer to give you the world, if you would only take it from them, is a beautiful love song, Stevemeister. So, don't say he never wrote any for you.
I know. I guess she could only focus on the 'packin' up, shackin' up' part of the song. Everything else? If only a guy would tell me that.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
for someone who puts so much store in their own lyrics, Stevie should be a bit more mindful of the bandmate's.
stevie doesn't even know her own lyrics half the time
Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
that always cracks me up -
especially since her set-list has basically been set in stone for decades now.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
that always cracks me up -
especially since her set-list has basically been set in stone for decades now.
lol i know, right?

"beauty and the what now? outside the drain? i can never keep this **** straight ..."
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

freakin' stevie nicks.

i long for a day when her name doesn't appear on the lindsey board.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
freakin' stevie nicks.

i long for a day when her name doesn't appear on the lindsey board.
good luck with that. don't you know that you can't discuss lindsey's music on its own merits, that you have to bring up stevie in order for it to all make sense? oh, and sales stats. those help too.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I can't believe we're talking about Fleetwood Mac on a Fleetwood Mac fan site. Does it really matter what any of their songs are about? We all know that half of Lindsey's songs are about his pet cat who ran away during the making of Rumours, anyway.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
don't you know that you can't discuss lindsey's music on its own merits, that you have to bring up stevie in order for it to all make sense?
where's that friggin' puking icon?

there it is.

omg dont u lyk ~stevieeeee~~~ ?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh man, i can't believe i didn't say this first. what's wrong with me?

Quote:
don't you know that you can't discuss lindsey's music on its own merits, that you have to bring up stevie in order for it to all make sense?
should i be offended?