Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
They'll probably play "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way" puke
I think I can endure Don't Dream if it replaces Don't Stop. Sooo tired of that one.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will pay him if we never have to hear Not That Funny and Big Love live ever again. Torture.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I will pay him if we never have to hear Not That Funny and Big Love live ever again. Torture.
You think his "family on the road" will do those songs now that they fired him? Luckily they will only do GYOW(awfully, probably), and I can already hear it on his solo tour, so I'm ok.

I'm sure Stevie fest will be fine without Lindsey's songs.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with the previous poster that if I were Lindsey I would be more hurt by them not playing any of my songs. There are some they just have to do, like Go Your Own Way and Second Hand News.

And if you include the duets, Don't Stop, World Turning and maybe Hold Me.

I agree that Tusk will not be played. Neil doesn't have the chops for it.

But imagine if he did sue. It would shatter any shreds of a reputation that he has left. It would look so petty. As much as some Ledgies might want him to sue, there is no way he will, he would see himself as better than that.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amen!!

There are some Stevie songs I could do without, too- Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman, for starters. My only hope is she'll just do one of these, but that's wishful thinking on my part. I would even rather hear When I See You Again than the other two, and I HATE that song!
Old 08-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Add “Never going back again” to that list...
Love the original song but not how he does it now.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Add “Never going back again” to that list...
Love the original song but not how he does it now.
Let them play all of his songs and send him the royalties. Honestly, I think the only 2 they will do are GYOW and Neil's new fave, "World IS Turning". I agree Neil doesn't have the chops for "Tusk" and I think fans will miss that one---it's fun to watch when they do it live. Stevie has said many times, "There are like 10 songs we NEED to do" and although she's never said which ones, a fair bit of them are LB's. I think Neil will be painful to listen to on "Don't Stop" the same way Stevie made my ears bleed on it when she took over for Christine. There's no way they are pulling that one though. I am curious to see what they throw in to make up for what they are pulling out for LB---and how quickly they can pivot when "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Sentimental Lady" don't do it for this crowd. You are going to wind up with 25KG. By the end of this tour, "Standback" and "Edge of Seventeen" will have made it into the set list.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I'm in the minority here but I always loved NTF in concert, sans the Lindsey maniacal vocals. And always was hoping for a plugged in "Big Love". Probably never would have happened anyway, but now it's definite.

LINDSEY! CHRISTINE! JOHN! MICK!

Last edited by jwd; 08-26-2018 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: added video
Old 08-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no interest in a concert without Lindsey at all.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I have no interest in a concert without Lindsey at all.
You're not the only one. FM is not the same without Lindsey, so I'm hearing, and believe to be true.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
You are going to wind up with 25KG.
Yes--with Karen on vocals.

Quote:
By the end of this tour, "Standback" and "Edge of Seventeen" will have made it into the set list.
Not sure about Edge of Seventeen (until Stevie fires Mike and replaces him with Waddy), but Stand Back sure seems like a safe bet.

I would be surprised if they dropped Don't Stop from the outset. Not only is it a radio staple and Christine's song, it would be a nice fit with the 'positive growth' 'moving on' sort of narrative they're likely keen to be portraying. Maybe they'll hand out free kool-aid during the song.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I would be surprised if they dropped Don't Stop from the outset. Not only is it a radio staple and Christine's song, it would be a nice fit with the 'positive growth' 'moving on' sort of narrative they're likely keen to be portraying. Maybe they'll hand out free kool-aid during the song.
exactly. they didn't drop Don't Stop even when Christine was not in the band. it's their most popular and most recognizable song. and they are going for hits and recognizable now to dig themselves out of the hole and prove how they are oh so hot and don't need Lindsey.

so yeah, they will play both Don't Stop and Don't Dream It's Over. you know, the hits.

Fleetwood Mac / Mick and Stevie don't have the actual balls of Lindsey and Christine who could have easily played Don't Stop on BuckVie tour (if they wanted to go easy hits route instead of new music!) and yet they decided against it. instead they played Hold Me which would have definitely been in the set if LB was touring with FM. now it's anybody's bet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post

I mean seriously folks, just seeing Christine playing an upright is worth the admission! NO?!
Old 08-27-2018, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

I agree that Tusk will not be played. Neil doesn't have the chops for it.
Quote:
I agree Neil doesn't have the chops for "Tusk" and I think fans will miss that one---it's fun to watch when they do it live.

I think they'd definitely play Go Your Own Way but probably nothing else by Lindsey (except World Turning). I think Tusk would be the biggest loss- its probably the highlight for me.

Sorry people- I don't quite understand; Why would Neil need to have the 'chops' for Tusk? Also, is there anything really particularly difficult about Tusk?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-27-2018, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I think they'd definitely play Go Your Own Way but probably nothing else by Lindsey (except World Turning). I think Tusk would be the biggest loss- its probably the highlight for me.

Sorry people- I don't quite understand; Why would Neil need to have the 'chops' for Tusk? Also, is there anything really particularly difficult about Tusk?
I agree they will play "Don't Stop" Didn't mean to imply they wouldn't. My point was I didn't like it when Stevie sang Christine's spots and I can't imagine Neil's lead on LB's vocals here.
For me, "Tusk" is a clear depiction of Lindsey's vision for what he wanted that album to be, culminated by his command of the entire stage for the song live. Based on videos of NF i've seen, I don't see him able to take a crack at that (can't see GYOW either, but at least then he just needs to stand behind a mic and sing)