User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Ledgie

Default Oh Well

Hi,

WDR is a big TV- and radio station from Cologne, Germany. Yesterday in the evening it told the news, the original line-up of Fleetwood Mac will reunite truly this year. For the first time I've ever heard, that the source of this news was not Mick Fleetwood, but a statement of Peter Green himself. And he stated more, that it is absolutely for sure, that he'll be a part of this Fleetwood Mac reincarnation. It seems the dream comes true! I'm sorry, but I can't give you information if it will be a four- or five-part-reincarnation. It wasn't told anything about that fact.

So, by the way, that reunion can't be far away from now, - the year doesn't last long anymore, isn't it? Maybe we all will have a brandnew FM-CD under the Christmas tree. Cross your fingers!

Regards and best wishes
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 11-03-2005 at 03:56 AM..
Old 11-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info Manfred!!

The mind boggles...wonder what form the reunion will take? A cd? Some concerts?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Ledgie

I think it will be close to the CREAM REUNION. They'll do a live performance and release the tapes of it, - my tip!!!

Best wishes
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 11-03-2005 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred
the original line-up of Fleetwood Mac will reunite truly this year.
Quote:
Maybe we all will have a brandnew FM-CD under the Christmas tree. Cross your fingers!
Thanks for the info, Manfred!
I'm afraid I have to admit that I doubt it will happen this year...(and maybe not next year either)..............

Jeremy Spencer is recording with a Norwegian band at the moment, that he probably will be touring with next year. And he was quite negative about a reunion at Notodden Blues Festival this autumn.

My impression is that Peter in fact has been quite positive to a reunion lately ... so maybe it will happen without Jeremy..

Anyway, I will indeed cross my fingers too!!!!

Daniel
Old 11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the news report, Manfred! Still it will have to actually happen for me to believe it.....I'm not getting my hopes too high, at least not until we see some definite plans.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Thanks for the news report, Manfred! Still it will have to actually happen for me to believe it.....I'm not getting my hopes too high, at least not until we see some definite plans.
manfred, thanks. this is an unexpected development! while i'd love to see a reunion performance and release, i have my doubts as to whether this will happen too sf2k.

as i've said before on the list, i think this is a bad idea. i'll admit that i thought the cream reunion was a bad idea too and was surprised how good it turned out. but the main singers and instrumentalists in cream, jb, and ec, have been continuously active as group leaders, players, and writers since the 1960's, including collaborations all kinds of top rock, blues and jazz players.

pete has only played sporadically, hasn't 'led' a group since the 'end of the game' sessions, has shunned his legacy continuously, has serious mental heath issues, and has written less than 2 lp's worth of original material since 1971.

i think something on the scale of the cream reunion is unrealistic. how's he going to do 4 nights at the albert hall? pete wouldn't even play the solos in black magic woman or green manalishi with the splinter group.

something low-key seems more likely- some studio sessions or club gigs playing blues classics and a few fm tunes with support musicians seems more plausible.

i hope whoever is looking after pete and advising him has some sense and experience.

zero
Old 11-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At least Peter has started playing lead on "Black Magic Woman" these days (and I think it sounds superb!)...

But my worst nightmare would be to see "the original FM lineup" reunited .. with an additional guitarist playing the lead guitar!! ESPECIALLY that guy on Mick's solo album (sorry to those of you who liked him) But I'm actually fearing it!!! I mean, this dude works with Mick, and he played when Jeremy guested on Mick's "Something Big" album. And he even participated on the VA "Gaia" CD where Mick and Jeremy reunited.

I think I'd even prefer Gary Moore instead -- and that says A LOT!!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 AM
Ledgie

Hi,

I also think a full scale reunion is unrealistic. I am not even sure that John McVie would be onboard. Just speculating... they could go with Mick, Bob Brunning, and possibly Bob Hall supporting on piano. They all played together in various combinations since Peter's Mac days. Something like that could work for some club gigs - mainly with blues classics - and a live CD. Not really FM, but wouldn't be too bad ???

Let's see what comes out...

Roland
Old 11-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Ledgie

Hi,

okay, I have to say: I always was in doubt about a reunion of Fleetwood Mac. And I would be still in doubt of it, if the source of the now outcoming news would be a statement of Mick again. If the statement would come again from Mick I would say: Oh yeah, he follows his old dream and works on it, - that’s very well, but it will not be realised in the end. On the other hand, when Pete really told it, I think there’s a big chance, it will happen indeed sooner or later.

I don’t believe in a new studio album (It would make only sence if Pete would have written new Songs, and I think he didn’t), and I don’t believe in more than a four-part-reunion (Pete, Mick, John and Jeremy). Thinking about Pete’s health I’m in doubt too, there will happen much more than one ore two live performances. But I think that would work: Playin the old singles I BELIEVE MY TIME AIN’T LONG, BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, ALBATROSS, MAN OF THE WORLD, RATTLESNAKE SHAKE, GREEN MANALISHI, together with SUPERNATURAL, THE STUMBLE, BEFORE THE BEGINNING and some blues and/or Rock & Roll classics (maybe featuring Jeremy as lead singer) should really be possible for him (I hope they’ll play NEED YOUR LOVE SO BAD too). You don’t think so?

Regards and best wishes
Manfred
Old 11-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Ledgie

Hi Manfred,

Quote:
Playin the old singles I BELIEVE MY TIME AIN’T LONG, BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, ALBATROSS, MAN OF THE WORLD, RATTLESNAKE SHAKE, GREEN MANALISHI, together with SUPERNATURAL, THE STUMBLE, BEFORE THE BEGINNING

and that's exactly why I don't think it would work musically. All the Mac songs in your list beginning with "Albatross" require 2 lead guitars. They would probably not work with a "3-piece plus Jeremy" early Mac reunion. And worse, if they would add another lead guitar player, whoever it would be, I already can see Peter "hiding" behind him.

Best regards
Roland
Old 11-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default fm reunion

Hi guys

i spoke to mick fleetwood last week and he said he was still trying to get in touch peter to see if he was interested in a fm reunion ... he told me time was running out on the project now... ... when i spoke to peter about it a while ago he seemed interested ... so who knows ??

Joe ... petes nephew :-)
Old 11-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgreen67
Hi guys

i spoke to mick fleetwood last week and he said he was still trying to get in touch peter to see if he was interested in a fm reunion ... he told me time was running out on the project now... ... when i spoke to peter about it a while ago he seemed interested ... so who knows ??

Who knew Pete's nephew was on our board? Thanks for the info. Would be great if it all came to pass.....

-Lis
Old 11-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to agree about those "guest" lead guitarists. I'll bury my head in the sand and not watch if Mick takes Rick Vito et. al on board to play Peter's original solos. If that's going to be the case, I think the whole idea should be scrapped.

A small scale reunion might work (some club gigs, as someone said), without any BIG expectations, if that's possible. Let Peter play his solos how he wants to play them, I think it's criminal to expect musicians to play the same way during their whole career. The problem is that a large chunk of the audience would want nostalgia. Why go for that? Boring...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi guys

Welcome, Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
Let Peter play his solos how he wants to play them, I think it's criminal to expect musicians to play the same way during their whole career. The problem is that a large chunk of the audience would want nostalgia. Why go for that? Boring...
I agree! Any musician should be allowed to do like .. say Dylan .. do the old classics the way they want to do them TODAY.

When it comes to Peter's other activities these days, I wonder if he has done more work with his brother (Michael, I guess). There were rumours a while ago of them doing demos together. Or is he only working occationally with the British Blues Masters.....
Old 11-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi guys

Joe, thanks for the info, and great to have you here on the board!