User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
there are many, many fans here who would not only go to a FM show without Stevie, but would be absolutely thrilled to see that lineup. Meanwhile Stevie fans should be happy too, because their goddess is out on her own doing her own thing. Why is this not a win/win for everybody?
i know, that continues to be so puzzling to me. it's like people are saying "i'm happy but you can't be".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
If that's the case, why is "They should finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her" winning the poll on the other thread, with almost half the votes cast, and "The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album" is in second place in the voting?

The folks who are casting those votes are saying they want to see FM go on without her, either in the short term or permanently.

I will reiterate my puzzlement as to why so many Stevie fans seem to have a need to try to convince the rest of us that their opinions are facts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie fans get to enjoy her as a solo act. The fivesome are contracted to tour by 2018. So what's the big deal? Part of the reason many of them don't want FM to continue--even for just one album and small tour--is because, deep down they, like possibly Stevie herself, are a little afraid of how well the temporary lineup will be received.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie fans get to enjoy her as a solo act. The fivesome are contracted to tour by 2018. So what's the big deal? Part of the reason many of them don't want FM to continue--even for just one album and small tour--is because, deep down they, like possibly Stevie herself, are a little afraid of how well the temporary lineup will be received.
someone mentioned in one of these threads a parallel to the Journey without Steve Perry. while not necessarily right comparison, it can be as good as any. apparently many years in without Steve Perry, they are still selling arenas.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ultimately, I don't get the logic that they shouldn't do a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie Nicks because it won't sell very well. Hell, a Stevie Nicks album WITH Stevie Nicks doesn't sell very well anymore. Sales aren't what's motivating them. Lindsey and Christine feel inspired to make new music, and Mick and John have been along for the ride.

THE Stephen Hopkins