User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I just found this on youtube. If it belongs to a fellow ledgie I hope you don't mind me posting it... I just couldn't resist! Had to share ASAP! Thank you thank thank you thank you for this!

[IMG][/IMG]

I think Stevie's voice sounds amazing!
Stiff Europeans......hah kidding. Seriously though, have a beer.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk:

Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, she does sound really good in that Rhiannon video. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My wife made some great pictures. I am going to upload them once I get home from work!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Great to have videos, thank you for that !

But didn t she mentionend "Oberhausen" at the beginning of the show ? "Welcome Oberhausen" ! Or ?

In Europe the people at a concert are often not so enthusiastic and they getting older together with the band ! But in Germany there are not so many people going out of the concert getting some beer or food or something like that. There is more disciplin at such concerts, in US it s different, isn t it ?

I allways loved Fleetwood Mac and I would like to see them. Now I have and they are now one of my favourite bands..sure..

Greetings

Christian
Old 10-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, it was great! Even better then I expected! The arena was inly 75% filled but since I was down in front of the stage it didn't bother me too much. The sound during the first couple of songs was quite bad, it got a little bit better during the second half of the show. Stevie was every bit the pocket-sized gypsy queen I imagined her to be, it was just amazing to see her so close ( I cried, but only a little bit ) Favourites Stevie-wise were GDW, she did a couple of great wails, and Storms, I really liked that one. Lindsey faves were I'm So Afraid and Big Love but I liked everything he did on stage, he was just a great ball of energy! I dragged my bf along and because I didn't wanted to miss a second of the show he took the pictures, if any of them turned out decent I will share them.
I loved it when Stevie went "Let's get this party started!"with her Darth Vader voice lol

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a middleaged person I am offended by some comments about the so-called-braindead audience, we were good enough for the band, they had fun, so why is it necessary to make snide comments about an audience of middle aged people who payed alot of money to see the band?

It was not a Tokio Hotel concert!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
As a middleaged person I am offended by some comments about the so-called-braindead audience, we were good enough for the band, they had fun, so why is it necessary to make snide comments about an audience of middle aged people who payed alot of money to see the band?
No offense, really.

I've only seen Stevie and Lindsey shows in the US and I've discovered those audiences are just very different from European audiences. There's even a difference between Stevie and Lindsey shows, where at the Stevie shows there are lot more teeny boppers and chiffon heads that make as much noise as the kids at a Jonas Brothers show. Lindsey shows are a bit more demure, but still the audience is a lot more involved than what I experienced yesterday in Oberhausen.

It wasn't so much the floor crowd, more the 1st and 2nd ring of people sitting down. They acted like they were at an opera, and only clapped at the appropriate times.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
No offense, really.

I've only seen Stevie and Lindsey shows in the US and I've discovered those audiences are just very different from European audiences. There's even a difference between Stevie and Lindsey shows, where at the Stevie shows there are lot more teeny boppers and chiffon heads that make as much noise as the kids at a Jonas Brothers show. Lindsey shows are a bit more demure, but still the audience is a lot more involved than what I experienced yesterday in Oberhausen.

It wasn't so much the floor crowd, more the 1st and 2nd ring of people sitting down. They acted like they were at an opera, and only clapped at the appropriate times.
i have sooo done this~

so were there tourbooks at these shows?~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 10-13-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

VIDS

MORE VIDS
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

goodaudio from fmflo channel
Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok people, here's my review:
First let me mention that we arrived at Oberhausen 2 hours before the concert started and went in the restaurant of our hotel to have dinner. Can you imagine that we waited more than an hour for the meal??? I was almost going crazy. And that stupid waitress was like "Why are you complaining, you've got half an hour left" Urgh, I could have killed her!
Then my Dad and me went to the concert. Our seats were in the 2nd ring and there it was pretty empty. I'd say the arena was maximum 60% filled if not less. We sat on the end of a row and on the other end there were two other people and in between there was nobody. In the other rows it wasn't better. And the people who were there sat with arms crossed and it was a wonder they clapped hands after every song. Behind me there was one guy who had like 6 rows to himself and he made a mien like he sat in a Math lesson all the time. I started rocking out at the first seconds of Monday Morning and didn't stop until Silver Springs was over. I don't pay 80€ for a concert of my favourite band and then sit there with arms crossed and deadpan just because everyone else does. I was by far the youngest in that part of the hall and the only one who rocked out so everyone looked at me like I was from Mars especially the guy who walked around and sold beer (I caught my dad buying a beer during Rhiannon! I was so angry I can tell you. Just during my favourite song!)The whole time I felt like Fleetwood Mac weren't getting enough applause at all so I screamed all the time like I was completely crazy in order to show the band that they were still beloved in Germany. It might have felt differently in front of the stage but upstairs there was no real atmosphere. During GDW my father went to get me a drink and I rocked out all alone in my lonely row. I tried not to let it affect me but it was not cool at all.
Stevie started in the black dress then later put on the red one and during GDW she wore a very beautiful shawl. And for Stand Back she had her hat on and looked soooo gorgeous! And she wore her high boots all the time . As far as I can tell she looked pretty good and also had some fun. But I must admit I didn't look at her often because of Lindsey. Hell, can anyone make such a great performance than he?! He was on fire all the time, I was scared he would burn. He jumped over the stage with 2 steps while he was strumming his guitar with both hands and screamed like somebody wanted to kill him. He rocked the house and finally made the show for me despite the boring audience (no offence to anyone). Since yesterday I'm eventually turned in a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan. And I have never heard my father (who is no FM fan) screaming as loud as he did after ISA. This one was really great. I thought Lindsey could definitely work at the fire brigadge as a siren. His red shirt would fit perfectly as well . NGBA was also big, it was always one of my favourite Lindsey songs but I would have never thought it would work so great live. Lindsey nearly killed himself. And I thought it was cute that Stevie joined him at the end. BTW there was quite a lot Stevie/Lindsey interaction at the show as far as I've noticed during all the headbanging Big Love was also fantastic. I had never liked this one much but it was simply amazing yesterday. I was blown away. Okay, I was blown away by everything Lindsey did and I really don't know how he can do this every 2nd night. Every part of my body aches and I don't really have my voice back yet and I only was at one show. GYOW must have been superb as well but I was totally headbanging and screaming during it so I didn't recognize much. I can only say that it felt great .
I should mention that Storms and Landslide were very beautiful either. I wasn't sure if Storms would work live but it definitely did! And Stevie didn't even say "I'd like to call it 'I've always been a Storm'", she said "It is called 'I've always been a Storm'". Maybe she thought this audience here in "this place" (which was very "neat" though she obviously had no idea were she was) wouldn't know the titles of her songs. What was most likely true for the people around me. Stevie dedicated Landslide to all of us and sang it very beautifully.
She was on fire during GDW and Stand Back (she even twirled!). Those songs were very fun to sing along as well as IKINW and SYLM what wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be without Chris.
When after Don't Stop a lot of people left the hall I was scared they wouldn't do Silver Springs but they did in the end and it was just wonderful. Stevies voice was in a really good shape. Even my Dad was blown away. (He left the concert in a state I only can describe with enchanted...)
I loved Micks speech at the very end as well. He said something like "Take care of yourself as we live in such a crazy world. We love you." So nothing really new but I had never heard it before so it was really lovely.
All in all I had a great time and I hope that all of you who'll go to a(nother) show will have as much fun as I had!!!

I've got videos of Gypsy and SHN I'm gonna upload if they're not already on youtube and pics are coming as well!
I didn't see any tourbooks anywhere, I just got a tshirt (which goes down to my knees) and a poster.
And sorry if my review was a bit random I tried to order my impressions as much as I could. But it were so many...

Last edited by Gypsycat999; 10-13-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsycat999 View Post

I've got videos of Gypsy and SHN I'm gonna upload if they're not already on youtube and pics are coming as well!
I didn't see any tourbooks anywhere, I just got a tshirt (which goes down to my knees) and a poster.
And sorry if my review was a bit random I tried to order my impressions as much as I could. But it were so many...
Great review and I loved your impressions of Lindsey. If people are enjoying Lindsey, he should take his little band to Europe. Mick did it, so I think Lindsey could do it too. Flying them over, shouldn't be too much more expensive than touring the States, just get his face out there.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

^ I'm glad you liked my review and YES he should definitely do this! He needs to be more famous here. And I'm sure people would like him here. And if I have to pay all Germans to go to the concert . No really, I think it's time to come over for Lindsey.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some photos from Der Western: http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/...41/detail.html

I think there's a review too, but I can't read it.

Michele