The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally I would never pay brokers money for front row seats. Yes it is amazing to be down there but you are usually talking serious cash. I have ok'ish seats for the show I'm going to but usually a few seats down the front are released in the weeks before they show. If they are I'll grab some then
Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I got an email late yesterday afternoon notifying of the presale through Preferred Seating. Same deal as Myer One, first five rows for sale, up to $715 (US$590). Oddly enough though the pre-sale doesn't seem to come up on any of the sites if you go to them directly. And the dates haven't been released officially anywhere else, including on Ticketek, which seems very strange.

Anyway, ever since I've been contemplating whether or not I should grab two front row tickets now. To be honest, $715 is a fair bit more than I would've hoped to have paid, and part of me objects to paying such a price to see any band from the first few rows, FM or not.

But then, this will likely be my first and only opportunity to see FM here in Australia, and I'm thinking I should just do it. I can see myself not scoring anything in the first few rows if I wait it out to the public sale, and then I'll be kicking myself for not having as great a seat a I could. I'm also fortunately at a time when I can actually afford the ticket without too much heartache.

Any sage advice from the experienced FM concert-goers? Is securing a front row seat worth the extra money? Or should I hold out and see what comes up through the regular channels?

Gah! I find ticket purchases so stressful!
Hey doubtful... when fm and stevie were here seperately a few years ago, the first 3 rows were allowed up to the front of the stage. And therefore it really was a first in, first up thing. As soon as the lights went down.. to the stage you go! Hmmmm. I'm not paying $715. I live in melbourne, but will go to the winery show for sure, as it is something different to remember. Will see them in sydney too (got good memories of that place as its where our stevie dearest dedicated HAEWAFY to me ) I tell ya though... she knows how to pick the ones who will fly around the country to each show... ANYWAY: i'll be flying to nearly all the concerts... don't think i will go to all of them though, but haven' picked which ones i'll go to yet.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OH, and myer is a big department store over here is Aus. And "myer one" are their members... HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SALE THROUGH THEM! AND ledgies... i don't know who is bringing them out here yet! what is going on here?@?@?@%@!!! Its all over the place
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis_no1 View Post
Hey doubtful... when fm and stevie were here seperately a few years ago, the first 3 rows were allowed up to the front of the stage. And therefore it really was a first in, first up thing. As soon as the lights went down.. to the stage you go! Hmmmm. I'm not paying $715. I live in melbourne, but will go to the winery show for sure, as it is something different to remember. Will see them in sydney too (got good memories of that place as its where our stevie dearest dedicated HAEWAFY to me ) I tell ya though... she knows how to pick the ones who will fly around the country to each show... ANYWAY: i'll be flying to nearly all the concerts... don't think i will go to all of them though, but haven' picked which ones i'll go to yet.
Thanks for that info. From memory I've never seen any rows let up to the front of the stage at a concert here in Brisbane, but that was one of my reservations about the front row tickets. No point paying the extra if 3rd row ends up getting to the stage as well. I'll keep that in mind.

I just wish the dates and prices would go up on Ticketek already. I'm so far showing an uncharacteristic amount of restraint and patience, but I don't know how much longer that can last

Andrew McManus appears to be the promoter too, according to the pre-sale email I received (not surprising really). Again though you'd reckon we might've heard something official from them by now. It really does seem to be a bit all over the shop at the moment.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

$715 ??????????????????????? thats ridiculous and unnafordable....i sadly will not be going....i spend a lot on concerts but that is unheard of...this tour WILL FAIL....why can the Who charge the same in 2009 as they did in 2004 ..yet fleetwood mac is charging the HIGHEST ticket prices EVER!!!....
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

That's just brokers prices. How come the NZ date is not confirmed yet? Anyone know?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone in high places must've been getting a little nervy after just two days of the pre-sale for premium tickets. There are now new, substantially reduced prices - front row down from $715 to $495.

Still reasonably high, but definitely better.

Patience and restraint have actually served me well for once!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm currently in negotiations with my wife about getting her to come with me to the Perth concert. At the moment she is saying she might come if I go with her to see Rob Thomas (arrgghh a pain worse than death!).

Slightly off the topic (in fact pretty much way off) but I had a dream about going to the FM concert last night and Bob Welch had rejoined the band. Pretty cool!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

HI All,

I need advice - tickets on Preferred Seating are selling for about $250 for A Reserve at the Acer Arena - can anybody tell me if these are any good? Im prepared to pay that much but would prefer some assurance that they will be ok seats! Or would it be worth waiting until the Ticketek presale?? Ideally id like to be in a positon where I could go right to the front (wouldnt we all?)

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I'm currently in negotiations with my wife about getting her to come with me to the Perth concert. At the moment she is saying she might come if I go with her to see Rob Thomas (arrgghh a pain worse than death!).
I think you're getting off really cheap. You'll be singing Smooth to yourself for weeks. I don't know what kind of live show that guy puts on, but I do like his music. I want him to work with Lindsey. If nothing else, I just want them to do NGBA. This is how a heart breaks.

Michele
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
HI All,

I need advice - tickets on Preferred Seating are selling for about $250 for A Reserve at the Acer Arena - can anybody tell me if these are any good? Im prepared to pay that much but would prefer some assurance that they will be ok seats! Or would it be worth waiting until the Ticketek presale?? Ideally id like to be in a positon where I could go right to the front (wouldnt we all?)

Thanks in advance!
thats more like it
i would pay th 495 too for one or 2 shows
for 700$ aussie, that should include backstage passes or something
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Whoo Hoo!!

No rumour: Fleetwood Mac heading to Bowl
By FELICITY ROOKES - Taranaki Daily News Last updated 05:00 22/08/
A Fleetwood Mac concert for New Plymouth was confirmed yesterday and for the first time at the Bowl of Brooklands fans will be close enough to see the perspiration on the performers' faces.

The veteran British band is hitting Taranaki on December 19 and the TSB Bowl of Brooklands is the only venue in New Zealand it will play.

Confirming the gig yesterday, New Plymouth District Council manager of business developments and events Garry Sharpe-Young said Fleetwood Mac was the concert of the year.

"They are one of the top 10 selling bands in the world," he said.

"Fleetwood Mac covers a broad range of people, everyone knows their songs."

Mr Sharpe-Young says securing the band is a major coup for New Plymouth.

"This is an A-list band and we are the only place in New Zealand that has them.

"All the major centres wanted Fleetwood Mac and I think it has a lot to do with the venue."

He says you have to be able to offer something different, something unique and that's what the Bowl is.

As with Cliff Richard and The Shadows, the new platform seating over the lake was a deciding factor for Fleetwood Mac.

"Artists like to get intimate with the audience," Mr Sharpe-Young said.

"We have taken note of what artists have said and are maximising the venue."

Mr Sharpe-Young says extra flights will be put on to New Plymouth to meet the demand of out-of-town concert goers.

Fleetwood Mac has not performed in New Zealand since 1980 when it played in Auckland and Wellington, attracting more than 80,000 people.

Singer Stevie Nicks performed at the Bowl in March 2006 in a double billing with John Farnham.

Fleetwood Mac is in its golden years, performing for more than 40 years. The band is touring the world with New Zealand one of the final stops.

It is made up of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, drummer Mick Fleetwood and the bass player John McVie, for whom, together, the band is named.

There is no new album to promote but at a concert at Madison Square Gardens in March guitarist Buckingham hinted there might be one in the works.

Fleetwood Mac has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and its 1977 album Rumours stayed at number one on the US charts for 31 weeks.

But what Fleetwood Mac fans want is the oldies, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, Gypsy, Little Lies, Landslide and Rhiannon to name a few.

Word is that during the tour the band is sticking closely to its 1975 self-titled album, the first to feature the Buckingham-Nicks combo, and its follow-up two years later, Rumours, one of the biggest-selling albums of all time.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Junior Ledgie

NZ Herald can't read! Got the date wrong!! It's the 19TH

Fleetwood Mac heading to NZ
12:46PM Saturday Aug 22, 2009

Fleetwood Mac are promising to play all the songs which made them famous when they return to New Zealand for the first time in nearly 30 years.

The band have confirmed they will play a one-off, two-hour set at the Bowl of Brooklands in New Plymouth on December 29 following the success of their 55-city North American tour.

The band said the tour had been enjoyable enough to add a two month stint through Europe and on to Australia and New Zealand.

"We're so happy to be back out on the road, where we'll perform everyone's favourite songs and see all our New Zealand fans," the band said.

Promoter Andrew McManus said the concert would be a "celebration of all the greatest hits" from the band, including Rhiannon, Dreams, The Chain, Tusk and Go Your Own Way.

- NZPA
Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Don't know if I'm excited about them playing the Bowl as it doesnt seem there's any set seating.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Don't know if I'm excited about them playing the Bowl as it doesnt seem there's any set seating.
Same. I'm thinking of going to Sydney instead \m/