Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hampton Beach, NH 3-31-07

Well we got to Hampton Beach very early and WOW what a sight. Its this beautiful little cove right on the ocean. My mom and my aunt kept talking about past memories and how this place was one of their favorite childhood spots. A lot of the places were closed this time of year, ie food places.

We walked into the venue and I was like "WOAH". It was SO strange. The room was in the shape of a giant rectangle. The stage was at the front, but there were seats up and down the whole room. If you weren't in the center, you pretty much couldn't see the stage. Our seats were actually tables. Everyone was squished in to these tables. They served drinks, which was cool, but there was no room to stand. We met some cool fans and it was very nice to be sociable with the other Lindsey fans. He started at about 8:30, which I thought was obnoxiously late. Highlights:

Second Hand News: This one just gets everyone rocking. The drum beat feels like it goes right through ya.

Red Rover: He started to intro it, but he got peeved and said "Who cares, lets just do the song." There was a lot of people talking at the back of the bar.

Big Love: Amazing as always. Got a standing ovation.

Under the Skin: This is one of my favorite songs from the new record. I love the fact that its about Stevie. Everytime he sings it I always listen to the lyrics carefully. "Long Live the Queen"

World Turning: This one rocks. Thw drum solo was great as always. This was a real crowd pleaser.

I'm So Afraid: Ok so I don't even like this song, but this version was just amazing. His solo was so much better than last nights, if that was even possibly. I love the stuff Neale does on the chorus on this one with his guitar.

Go your Own Way: Well my mom and my aunt B-Lined it so the stage, but I stayed behind because I literally couldn't get out it was so tight. This one had great energy. He went to both sides of the stage and everyone was grabbing his legs.

Holiday Road: Ok so at this point I said **** it and booted my way up to the stage, where my mom was reserving a place for me right in front of Brett. My mom got 2 handshakes from Lindsey and one from Brett. Brett shook my hand which I was very happy about. The first beat to Holiday Road started and I yelled and Lindsey looked over at me. I couldn't hold it in...this is just one of my favorites.

Turn it On: So of course I sang along with every word during this one. This is just so awesome.. Everyone got into the whole "TURN IT ON" thing at the end.

Shut us Down: What an AWESOME song. I absolutely love this one now. Everyone has to see this live, its just amazing.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Glad that you had a good time, Jimmy. I am glad that I did not make the trek up from Providence. I had a seat way off to the side so I would not have had a good view. I am hoping for a Providence area date on the next leg since you know Providence is an actual city.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Glad that you had a good time, Jimmy. I am glad that I did not make the trek up from Providence. I had a seat way off to the side so I would not have had a good view. I am hoping for a Providence area date on the next leg since you know Providence is an actual city.
Yeah Pattie, good move on your part. I felt so bad for the people way over to the sides.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sounds like it was a great show , but I wish some audinece members would stop being so disrespectful to Linds by talking during his songs, it really annoys him profusely!!!! STOP doing it whoever you may be!!!! Please!! ( I know it's not us Ledgies )
Going to a Lindsey show is a profound and soulful experience, not a piss in the bucket!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Ledgie

So I guess the mouths that can't shut up aren't exclusive to Jersey, but it's the whole bar scene that's not conductive to this tour, IMO. What a shame that he has to deal with this cr*p at this point in his career.

Eileen
Old 04-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was completely blown away by his performance last night.