The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Portsmouth, NH Review (Stage-jumper)

I wasn't planning on attending a third show on this tour, but I'm sure glad I did. The day before the show, the venue opened up the entire second row on both sides of the theater. It was too tempting to pass this up! My mom and I grabbed the seats right away.

Portsmouth is a VERY cool town. Its very cozy, for lack of a better term. The venue is located in the center of the town. There are many neat shops and restaurants. Very crunchy-granola hippie town. Loved it. My mother and I grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant called the Friendly Toast. The food was incredible!

After dinner, we walked directly across the street to the venue. I immediately recognized Wally, who was outside on the street talking on his cell phone. I said "Hi Wally" and he said "Hey there, enjoy the show!" Too cool!

The lobby area was recently redone and was VERY cool. There were neat lights, suede booths to sit in, and the neatest bathroom I have ever been in. The bar was mobbed! Ten minutes to 7:30 a lady announced over the PA system that we had time to go to the bar, but we couldn't bring drinks into the theater. The actual venue was located upstairs. You had to walk up a flight of stairs just to get to the bottom floor of the venue.

We took our second row seats and waited for him to come on. Lindsey Buckingham audiences are so interesting to observe. The actual crowds will be cheering loud, but will not get out of their seats. Its funny to watch people get the courage to stand up and when they do, they look so liberated. So funny.

Lindsey took the stage and got a huge reception, I could tell the crowd was going to be great. Shut us Down is a great opener. I have always loved the song live. The teasing of guitar licks towards the end is fun, the crowd went nuts.

I would be so happy to see him drop Trouble and Go Insane. I am beyond sick of them at this point. After GI, someone said "that was awesome" and everyone laughed.

NGBA got a huge reception and the first standing O of the night. That little intro he does at the beginning is just beautiful. I always forget how much I love Under the Skin live. I always skip it on my Ipod, but it truly is beautiful. I like how he head nods the band when they start the intro. He gives all three of them a look of appreciation.

All my Sorrows is almost painful for me to watch. (sorry ) I just don't dig this one at all and I LOVE OOTC. I would take ANYTHING else from this album. Around this time someone shouted out "Countdown" and he laughed to himself and said "countdown" with a smile and then turned to Brett with a look like "did you hear that?"

In Our Own Time and Illumination have gotten better since I heard them a month ago. The crowd really seemed to enjoy both of these. Second Hand News really got the crowd going, still no one was standing up. Once the drums in Tusk started, everyone started clapping along. Towards the end of this song, a drunk lady (who you will hear about later) ran up to the stage and tripped. There was a step down between the first row and the edge of the stage. She revealed much more than anyone needed to see and was the only one at the stage. The crowd found it funny. I have to comment on how much I LOVE Tusk live. It fills up the whole venue.

During Stars another lady joined the front of the stage, as well as two more who sat on an amp on the other side. Security came down to speak to them, but they didn't leave and security never came back.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again That's the Way Love Goes is a FORCE live. Just incredible. He could play that all night and I would be thrilled.

Everyone ran up to the stage for GYOW. It was a fun pit. Now the drunk lady I mentioned earlier somehow got her way up on the stage. I have no idea how she did this because the stage was pretty high, at least 4 and a half feet. She got all the way back behind Brett before the guy with the white hair and glasses ran out and grabbed her. They ushered her away, but somehow got right back in the pit. Brett's face was priceless. Lindsey didn't even notice.

The rest of the show was fab. He flubbed the second chorus of Turn it On. He must really be having trouble with those lyrics.

Treason and Seeds we Sow are such stinkers to end the show with, especially when the energy is high after TIO. Anyway, it was a fantastic show and I'm glad I went.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Now the drunk lady I mentioned earlier somehow got her way up on the stage. I have no idea how she did this because the stage was pretty high, at least 4 and a half feet. She got all the way back behind Brett before the guy with the white hair and glasses ran out and grabbed her. They ushered her away, but somehow got right back in the pit. Brett's face was priceless. Lindsey didn't even notice.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, thank you.

Don't say NGBA got a standing O. I don't want to encourage the way Lindsey has stretched that song out so that it no longer contains any recognizable notes.

He should just start making things up if he can't remember the Turn It On lyrics. You can run, you can hide, you can jump, you can dive. Whatever comes into his head.

Michele
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL, wow she just came out of no where!!! Some people

~Rick Nick's~
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go on LB!!!! Over the 60 mark and still attracting stage-jumpers. As long as they aren't nutcases I can roll with it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I can't stop watching that - makes me every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Great review, thank you.

Don't say NGBA got a standing O. I don't want to encourage the way Lindsey has stretched that song out so that it no longer contains any recognizable notes.He should just start making things up if he can't remember the Turn It On lyrics. You can run, you can hide, you can jump, you can dive. Whatever comes into his head.Michele
100% AGREED on both of those thoughts ( and your lyrics made me laugh )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Go on LB!!!! Over the 60 mark and still attracting stage-jumpers. As long as they aren't nutcases I can roll with it.
I love that she didn't disturb the solo. She went up to LB and then seemed to think better of it, and just started dancing instead!!