User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I was surprised of all the writing about the abuse she received from Lindsey. It was shocking and disappointing to say the least. I've never been a huge fan of Lindsey's solo career, so I don't know a lot about him. But I wanted to know what YOU guys thought, as obvious Lindsey "fans", of this book. I'm curious.
I think Lindsey is violent.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Senior Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Book HAD to be Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Lindsey is violent.
Obviously , something happened, because this book somehow cleared his lawyers and had to be vetted as well. The craziness and hair pulling episodes (Australia is one I can think of) must have some grain of truth. I'd prefer to call him "intense," not violent.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would really take it all with a grain of salt. I'm sure Lindsey had/has a very bad temper. He just looks like he does. But then again, there are two sides to every story. Perhaps Carol Ann conveniently painted over many of her own discretions to her benefit, since the general public- even Lindsey's biggest fans- don't know that much about his personal life to base any opposing case on. So she could basically say what she wants, within the legal boundaries.

I have to also think that a lot of his problems could be related to the fact that he was abusing tons of dangerous drugs/alcohol and appeared to have serious health problems on top of all that. No excuses, but it could be a factor.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed the book because CAH throughly described her great respect for every member of the band, and at the same time did not hold back the truth. I appreciated her candor, because it was not one-sided or partial towards herself.

I think many people who say the book is composed of lies or exaggerations are just afraid to face the truth, such as the fact that Lindsey was indeed violent and abusive towards women. After reading about his abuse towards CAH, it is clear that he wasn't being "intense"...he was very violent. Behavior like that is called Domestic Abuse, and CAH was clearly like a lot of abused women who deny that it will ever happen again.

The fact is, CAH was with Fleetwood Mac for a good 7 years, and she was there and we were not. She has the journal writings and recordings to prove it, and she states this clearly in the book.

Last edited by RockALittle250; 06-24-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Old 06-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I just finished this book and it was a very interesting read, although I had to wonder, despite the supposed taped conversations and journals kept, how she was able to remember her times with Lindsey so vividly.

I was surprised of all the writing about the abuse she received from Lindsey. It was shocking and disappointing to say the least. I've never been a huge fan of Lindsey's solo career, so I don't know a lot about him. But I wanted to know what YOU guys thought, as obvious Lindsey "fans", of this book. I'm curious.

~Jamie

I recently bought and read this book too. Yes, I had heard about Lindsey's temper but wow I was shocked that it got as bad as it did. I love Lindsey as a performer but I definitely could understand why Stevie and other girlfriends like Carol Ann chose to leave him. Carol Ann seems much happier now with her husband and so does Lindsey with Kristen and the kids. A few surprises in the book that I never heard before so it was worth the money and the two days not doing any housework while reading it
Glad I have a very understanding hubby

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went ahead and merged jkmaletic's thread about the book Storms into this one since we already have such an extensive conversation started.

Last edited by #1LiddyBuckFan; 06-17-2008 at 09:06 AM..
Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a little confused because the chapter where Carol describes Lindsey's horrible seizure appears chronologically in the book before the incident of him cutting off most of his hair/beard...yet, there was some video posted in the "Rumours" board of Lindsey during the time he had the seizure/spinal tap and he had no beard. So was there more than one seizure or is her version of history off?

I know I should be able to differentiate between Lindsey during "Rumours Tour" and "Tusk Tour" by now. Most fans can, but I still have no idea which is which. I just know "Lindsey with a beard tour" and "Lindsey when he shaved it off" tour.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm a little confused because the chapter where Carol describes Lindsey's horrible seizure appears chronologically in the book before the incident of him cutting off most of his hair/beard...yet, there was some video posted in the "Rumours" board of Lindsey during the time he had the seizure/spinal tap and he had no beard. So was there more than one seizure or is her version of history off?

I think this is a way safe bet...
Old 06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Even Mick gets it wrong (in his book). He assigns two different years to the event.

But if we believe the newspapers like the Washington Post or the Philly Enquirer, Lindsey had his seizure in July 1978 while showering in the hotel during a Fleetwood Mac tour. That means he was clean-shaven.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Ledgie

Default Your Opinions on Storms?

Hello everyone,

I'm re-reading Storms for the first time in around a year. I've been wondering about some of the things raised in the book.

First of all, what are your opinions on Carol Ann, and did they change after you had read the book?

Secondly, did anything you read surprise you? I know I was quite surprised about the extent of Lindsey's anger issues...

Anything else you found particularly interesting?

I know this has been discussed a lot on this forum, I just thought I'd bring it up again

<3
Old 12-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My pet name for Carol Ann many years prior before the book was released was "Crack Whore" (because of her well documented substance abuse issues and penchant for drama/lying), and I still call her that after reading the book . The book didn't change my opinion of her for one reason alone: she never admitted any wrongdoing in any circumstance in her book, and instead painted herself as a wholly naive victim. The reality is nobody was innocent in the Mac's inner circle in the '70s and '80s, period. They all made mistakes, they all did horrible things to themselves and each other, etc.

Anything that surprised me? Carol Ann's retelling of Lindsey's health issues. I didn't realize he was an epileptic. Lindsey's anger issues didn't surprise me, Carol Ann had been telling of those for more than a decade. Plus, Lindsey is highly emotive, has a complex where he feels unappreciated and uncredited, he famously assaulted Stevie ON STAGE on the Tusk tour, etc. Lindsey seems like he could quite easily be a dark, moody person in private.

I still greatly enjoyed the book, despite Carol Ann's craziness. It's a trashy, fun, deliciously gossipy read. Carol Ann's run ins with Stevie Nicks were especially hilarious... I adore the way Carol Ann realistically painted Stevie as a batsh!t crazy b!tch... which you just KNOW she really had to be at the height of her fame . I think the general atmosphere Carol Ann painted of the dynamics of the band was probably quite accurate. They all loved to play pranks on one another, tried to one up one another, their egos battled, they loved to do as much drugs as they could ingest, spent wildly, and just in general did as much stupid sh!t as they could.

So that's my two cents. I don't think you can take any particular story Carol Ann says as being completely accurate, but I still think she paints a true picture of the band. I still think Carol Ann is completely nuts. And not a whole lot in the book surprised me.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I'm new to the board, I'd never heard of Carol Ann before reading the book, so I didn't have preconceived notions. But my impression of her, having finished it, is that she's probably a very sweet girl, but a bit lacking in humor, personality, and introspection, which are, I think, necessary to an autobiography.

The extent of Lindsey's anger was surprising (and I do believe her accounts of the violence). I'd always imagined him to be a pretty dark guy, but the assault caught me a bit off guard.

And though I found the Stevie stories hilarious and can totally believe that she was that out of it, I was surprised/skeptical of Lindsey's reactions to her. It was odd; early on, Carol described seeing them interact and realizing that he "wasn't over her," or something like that. But that thread is immediately dropped, and for the rest of the book he just seems to find Stevie utterly ridiculous.
I'm by no means a shipper--I don't need to believe that he has been pining away for her for 30 years. But I would assume their relationship was more complicated than portrayed, and that it wasn't totally over in those years. I mean, Stevie and Lindsey both described holding each other following the RS shoot. As Lindsey's girlfriend, it's hardly shocking that Carol wasn't around for moments like that, but I would still think the entire relationship would have been more complex than it appears in Storms.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
As I'm new to the board, I'd never heard of Carol Ann before reading the book, so I didn't have preconceived notions. But my impression of her, having finished it, is that she's probably a very sweet girl, but a bit lacking in humor, personality, and introspection, which are, I think, necessary to an autobiography.

The extent of Lindsey's anger was surprising (and I do believe her accounts of the violence). I'd always imagined him to be a pretty dark guy, but the assault caught me a bit off guard.

And though I found the Stevie stories hilarious and can totally believe that she was that out of it, I was surprised/skeptical of Lindsey's reactions to her. It was odd; early on, Carol described seeing them interact and realizing that he "wasn't over her," or something like that. But that thread is immediately dropped, and for the rest of the book he just seems to find Stevie utterly ridiculous.
I'm by no means a shipper--I don't need to believe that he has been pining away for her for 30 years. But I would assume their relationship was more complicated than portrayed, and that it wasn't totally over in those years. I mean, Stevie and Lindsey both described holding each other following the RS shoot. As Lindsey's girlfriend, it's hardly shocking that Carol wasn't around for moments like that, but I would still think the entire relationship would have been more complex than it appears in Storms.
Lindsey was a mean drunk, that's not surprising...

It's not surprising that 30 years ago, CAH couldn't see the complexity of Lindsey's relationship with Stevie - too much coke and too much smoke and love is indeed blind, as they say...

But, it is surprising that CAH admitted in an interview a couple-three years ago that she KNEW Lindsey was still in love with Stevie ... and then left that juicy bit of fodder out of her sensational book! Wow...talk about missing a great marketing strategy...must be why she's decided to put out a new one...let's hope she's a little bit more realistic next time around...

Not that I would mind reading between the proverbial *lines* for any other instances where Lindsey felt Stevie needed a good talking to and then proceeds to leave his girlfriend stranded for several hours while he confronts Ms. Nicks in her hotel room and she ends up breaking out in an emotional carpet bur - I mean - "rash"...

favorite.story.ever.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lindsey was a mean drunk, that's not surprising...

It's not surprising that 30 years ago, CAH couldn't see the complexity of Lindsey's relationship with Stevie - too much coke and too much smoke and love is indeed blind, as they say...

But, it is surprising that CAH admitted in an interview a couple-three years ago that she KNEW Lindsey was still in love with Stevie ... and then left that juicy bit of fodder out of her sensational book! Wow...talk about missing a great marketing strategy...must be why she's decided to put out a new one...let's hope she's a little bit more realistic next time around...

Not that I would mind reading between the proverbial *lines* for any other instances where Lindsey felt Stevie needed a good talking to and then proceeds to leave his girlfriend stranded for several hours while he confronts Ms. Nicks in her hotel room and she ends up breaking out in an emotional carpet bur - I mean - "rash"...

favorite.story.ever.
Ha! Yup, my mind went there immediately too. I tend to revel in drama, so that was a high point of the book IMO--more than happy to read between the lines there.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you'll get a very thorough rundown of all opinions in this thread.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ghlight=storms