Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default '24 Karat Gold' on the Billboard 200

Well it looks like '24 Karat Gold' will be at #8 on the Billboard 200 on sales of approximately 26,000, according to Hits Daily Double. That is precisely HALF of what 'In Your Dreams' sold 3 years ago.

Personally, even though I know there has been very little promotion for this album, I am disappointed by this figure and thought the album would sell about 35-40,000.

At least this is another top 10 album in the bag for Stevie but I'm sure she'll be disappointed with that figure. I know though that the music business is in a terrible way but for an act like Stevie that is low.

For me, this album blows IYD out of the water and that's why I'm slightly disappointed as I want as many people as possible to hear this great record.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Well it looks like '24 Karat Gold' will be at #8 on the Billboard 200 on sales of approximately 26,000, according to Hits Daily Double. That is precisely HALF of what 'In Your Dreams' sold 3 years ago.

Personally, even though I know there has been very little promotion for this album, I am disappointed by this figure and thought the album would sell about 35-40,000.

At least this is another top 10 album in the bag for Stevie but I'm sure she'll be disappointed with that figure. I know though that the music business is in a terrible way but for an act like Stevie that is low.

For me, this album blows IYD out of the water and that's why I'm slightly disappointed as I want as many people as possible to hear this great record.
I still think it's pretty good. Technically, it charted higher than Rock a Little. But it sort of p!sses me off though that Barbie got to #1.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She did a lot more promotion for In Your Dreams the week it came out, and album sales are awful. She promoted IYD to death.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
I still think it's pretty good. Technically, it charted higher than Rock a Little. But it sort of p!sses me off though that Barbie got to #1.
'Rock a Little' had longevity and sold well over a million copies. Though it only reached #12, it was around Christmas time which meant that sales were high.

I hope it doesn't plummet next week even though there's no reason why it shouldn't. IYD only dropped 10 places in its second week which is impressive for an act like Stevie but '24 Karat Gold' could well miss out on the top 40 in its second week and that would be embarrassing.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
'Rock a Little' had longevity and sold well over a million copies. Though it only reached #12, it was around Christmas time which meant that sales were high.

I hope it doesn't plummet next week even though there's no reason why it shouldn't. IYD only dropped 10 places in its second week which is impressive for an act like Stevie but '24 Karat Gold' could well miss out on the top 40 in its second week and that would be embarrassing.
rock a little went platinum after a month, shipments counted back then not actual sales
Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm honestly shocked the album broke the top 10- I wasn't expecting that. I'm proud of our girl.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm honestly shocked the album broke the top 10- I wasn't expecting that. I'm proud of our girl.
I knew she'd hit the top ten, and I was hoping it would sell more then IYD or at least just as much
Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, me too. It's very hard to sale records nowadays, especially for a 66 female rocker.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm also very happy! Number 8 is nothing to scoff at! Nobody buys music anymore. Everyone steals, borrows, and copies. The music industry SUCKS now...so the low sales here are not surprising!

Nothing presented here (being that Stevie debuted at #8) should be a negative reflection on her or this fabulous record she has given us!

I'm amazed and on cloud nine! So happy for her!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HA! And to think it's being said elsewhere that Stevie's career is going down in flames...As I questioned quite a while back...What effect will her not being able to fully promote "24K" have on sales?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Hopefully she'll peak higher when she decides to promote the album
Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Top ten is quite good for someone in Stevie's generation of rockers..to put it in perspective her biggest rival at the height of her solo career Pat Benatar has not seen the Billboard 200 top 10 since her Get Nervous album in 1982.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the 26,000 is sales for the first week? Includes downloads and vinyls and everything?

This could conceivably hit 100K sales over time. I mean, I bought 3 versions myself....
Old 10-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Hopefully she'll peak higher when she decides to promote the album
With the FM tour in full swing she simply doesn't have the time. The FM tour has a weeks break at the start of November before they go to Canada but I doubt she'll do the rounds in that time.

I wonder if Mick will help her out when doing his book promotion? I know he's promoting his book and I wonder if he'll mention the fact that he's the subject of a couple of tracks on the album.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With the FM tour in full swing she simply doesn't have the time. The FM tour has a weeks break at the start of November before they go to Canada but I doubt she'll do the rounds in that time.
The ongoing Fleetwood Mac tour will make her many millions ..24KG maybe some pocket change.