The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say that "Blue Water" has really grown on me. Even though, in the back of my mind, I just KNOW that they could have gone a different way (more mystical/ethereal) and made it better. Country was the furthest from my mind whenever I would listen and sing to this demo. I think that's why it was so jarring and disappointing when I first heard the whole thing.

But the harmonies are the same, the pace is the same and Stevie's vocal really is beautiful on this track. It's always been my favorite demo, so even in a completely different stylized version, I can't hate it.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I have to say that "Blue Water" has really grown on me. Even though, in the back of my mind, I just KNOW that they could have gone a different way (more mystical/ethereal) and made it better. Country was the furthest from my mind whenever I would listen and sing to this demo. I think that's why it was so jarring and disappointing when I first heard the whole thing.

But the harmonies are the same, the pace is the same and Stevie's vocal really is beautiful on this track. It's always been my favorite demo, so even in a completely different stylized version, I can't hate it.
I love Blue water. That guy from Lady Antebellum has a great voice that has really grown on me.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 10-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blue Water is excellent. It is a single.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I love Blue water. That guy from Lady Antebellum has a great voice that has really grown on me.
I love his input on Blue Water. I don't need to see him being tall and freaky, but hearing him is a pleasure. He enhances the sultry mood perfectly. And Hillary Scott stays in the background, but I think both she and Charles are great on this song. It turned out better than I could have imagined.

Michele
Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no doubt "Blue Water" would have been a potential Top 10 hit in Stevie's heyday. It could still be a country hit now.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I have no doubt "Blue Water" would have been a potential Top 10 hit in Stevie's heyday. It could still be a country hit now.
I keep hearing Linda Ronstadt vibes when I listen to Blue Water.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case