Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default '24 Karat Gold' on the UK charts

I have to say, the album is doing better than I thought here in the UK. It's been around the top 30 all day on the iTunes album chart and is currently at #27 on the Amazon albums chart.
There is a forum which gives a chart update on a Tuesday so I'll post on here what number it's currently at. I also found from archive that 'In Your Dreams' reached #40 on the digital albums chart, so if 24 Karat can beat that and get a lot of physical sales then a top 20 debut should look likely. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GREAT NEWS!!! As of today (Tuesday), '24 Karat Gold' is at #15 on the UK chart update. I have a feeling that with promotion from BBC Radio 2 and hopefully more physical sales, the album can get even higher.

I have to say, seeing as there has been NO promotion here apart from BBC Radio 2 playing a couple of tracks, I'm really surprised it is currently that high as 'In Your Dreams' had lots of TV promotion and a lot more radio play that '24 Karat Gold'. Let's pray for a top 10 debut by Sunday though that could be a little optimistic!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On today's official chart update (Wednesday), '24 Karat Gold' is at #16 on the UK albums chart. It has dropped only one place since yesterday. I really hope the album reaches higher than the #14 peak of 'In Your Dreams'. However, I am 99.9% sure that it won't exceed the 10,000 in sales that 'In Your Dreams' debuted at as album sales have decreased since then. Good news though!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

So excited to hear this news. xx
Old 10-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
On today's official chart update (Wednesday), '24 Karat Gold' is at #16 on the UK albums chart. It has dropped only one place since yesterday. I really hope the album reaches higher than the #14 peak of 'In Your Dreams'. However, I am 99.9% sure that it won't exceed the 10,000 in sales that 'In Your Dreams' debuted at as album sales have decreased since then. Good news though!
Stevie's up one place to #15 on today's update (Thursday). If only she could get to #13 or higher by Sunday and it'll be her highest charting album in 25 years!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting the album to chart very high in the UK, so top 20 is great news. It's a shame that Stevie isn't in a position to come over and promote because it could have peaked inside the top 10 with a few television appearances and radio interviews.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I have to admit that I wasn't expecting the album to chart very high in the UK, so top 20 is great news. It's a shame that Stevie isn't in a position to come over and promote because it could have peaked inside the top 10 with a few television appearances and radio interviews.
That is very true. It could've easily have made the top 10. Oh well.

I'm so surprised it's doing this well over here as 'In Your Dreams' was promoted to death with numerous TV appearances and that's why it got to #14. If not it would've struggled to have made the top 20.

The fact that '24 Karat Gold' is doing this well without significant promotion really shows how good the album actually is and it isn't just about 'a new album from the one from Fleetwood Mac'. Congrats to her I say.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's official and I'm astonished. '24 Karat Gold - Songs from the Vault' debuts at #14 on the UK albums chart. EXACTLY the same as 'In Your Dreams' did 3 years ago. Bearing in mind that the album has only had a little radio promotion that is fantastic and totally unexpected. If Stevie had done promotion for this album like she did with IYD then there's no doubt that it would've made the top 10.

Fantastic news and a consecutive #14 album for Stevie!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
It's official and I'm astonished. '24 Karat Gold - Songs from the Vault' debuts at #14 on the UK albums chart. EXACTLY the same as 'In Your Dreams' did 3 years ago. Bearing in mind that the album has only had a little radio promotion that is fantastic and totally unexpected. If Stevie had done promotion for this album like she did with IYD then there's no doubt that it would've made the top 10.

Fantastic news and a consecutive #14 album for Stevie!
I'm happy with that. Maybe a single will break.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

'24 Karat Gold' sold 5,508 copies to get to #14 on yesterday's UK charts. Considering IYD got to the same position 3 years ago and sold nearly twice as much (10,444), this shows what a state the music industry is in.

Oh well, at least it's another top 20 in the bag for Stevie.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The album has dropped to #56 from #14 last week. I have to say, that isn't all that bad considering how little promotion there has been for this album.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

I am a little shocked that 24 karat gold has dropped out of the uk top 40 albums. I only just saw, I was checking because I was sure that it would have moved up.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The album plummets 41 places this week to #97. I'm quite surprised really as I went into my local HMV store and it was at #15 on the store album chart. I suspect this will be its last week on the chart. It's to be expected really when there's no promotion.

At least it had a good debut!