The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Stevie ever record a new Solo Album after 24K?
Yes 53 92.98%
No 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
There is no market for new music for Stevie or Fleetwood Mac. 24K gold proves you can put out a great product and it won't make a difference.
But it does! Stevie is obviously very proud of this album and very candidly talked about how she set out to make a great record, not a hit record. She loves her songs, and seems so pleased for them to finally have a home. And it's important for her legacy as well - it's truly her finest work in decades.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
But it does! Stevie is obviously very proud of this album and very candidly talked about how she set out to make a great record, not a hit record. She loves her songs, and seems so pleased for them to finally have a home. And it's important for her legacy as well - it's truly her finest work in decades.
It is her finest work in decades but it's also getting screwed over.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I posted about how the FM tour would hurt sales of "24K" months ago and nobody wanted to hear it but it's clear that her being on tour with FM and not being able to properly promote "24K" is having a definite impact on sales.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is her finest work in decades but it's also getting screwed over.
Blame Christine for that.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think the record not selling so well detracts from it one bit, that's such a negative attitude to take. Stevie is outselling many of her contemporaries (look at Heart's last album, or Blondie's, for instance). But, at the end of the day, she's made a fantastic album that will make those that do hear it very happy.

I'd rather Stevie made a fantastic album that only a few people heard, than a mediocre one that millions would buy. She's a legacy artist, she was never going to set the charts alight. We should be proud of the quality of the music and just be happy that she's still releasing great music at this stage of her career. I do think she'll make another album, as long as Dave Stewart is involved. She's accepted that she's not going to sell millions anymore, so we should too.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think she will.
She hasn't been shown a bunch of support f0r this album.
She has basically been put out to pasture.
She only has 10 reviews on Metacritic which absolutely horrible.
She is just not getting much support from the industry or so called fans.
By the time fans get done with the album, it will be rated lower than Street Angel on Amazon.
The album won't go gold.
Stevie already said she is feeling old.
WOW! You're really in a "glass half empty" mode today, aren't you? Put out to pasture??? Are you kidding??? She debuted at #7!!! Like Artemis and others have pointed out, she is probably the oldest Rock and Roll woman/legend who is doing this. Blondie's last record peaked at 109!!! The record before that didn't even chart! Heart's last album peaked at 24!!! Cyndi Lauper's last two albums peaked at 41 and 26, and the one before that didn't even chart. And Pat Benatar's last two albums peaked at 171 and 187. I LOVE ALL THESE WOMEN but none of them can touch Stevie Nicks!!! None of them come close to her numbers! While I think that 24KG should be judged for it's content and not its sales figures or "success", I DO think it's telling that it has debuted at #7!!! I don't think her fans (or the general public) have betrayed her. And I certainly don't think the Industry has "put her out to pasture".

By the way, NOBODY cares about Metacritic. And just so you know, Amazon has 50 plus reviews already in the past two weeks it's been out, and 90% of them are "glowing!!!" And who cares if the album goes gold or not? IYD still hasn't reached gold status yet. Do we care? Should be care? In my opinion, I think it's the QUALITY of the music within these albums that will continue to shine years later. And it's the QUALITY of these experiences of recording the album that will make her want to continue recording more albums.

The woman is 66. Most Billboard Top 10 artists are below 30. She's doing a darn good job giving these kids a run for their money! And the most important thing about this latest project is that she doesn't care about sales! She's NOT competing!

"I'm going to make a GREAT record, not a HIT record!" ~ This should be her mantra for the rest of her life!!! As well it should be for ANY great musician who has been doing it as long as she has!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think she will. She hasn't been shown a bunch of support f0r this album. She delivered a great product but has basically been put out to pasture.
If being "Put out to pasture" means debuting an album at #7 on Billboard at 66 years old...THEN SIGN ME UP!!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well

1. Nicks obviously didn't expect this album to sell. She flat out said "I want to make a great record, not a hit record. No one buys records anymore anyway."

2. A #7 debut is amazing for anyone, let alone a legacy artist.

3. I think the Mac tour is helping, not hurting. I've often seen in media commentary about the Mac shows also commentary about Nicks have a solo album out.