Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Not a fan of the back up singers.
Sharon and Lori sound shrill to me.
I liked Fleetwood Mac better when it was just the 3 singers - raw and live.
I think the last time was the Mirage tour.
The tours since 97 have been disappointing for me -- too rehearsed for my taste.
I'm with you on all of that. In my opinion, the added players diluted their sound more than they added it it. They sort of became like a polished Vegas act. Just before their show starts, you can see an army of about 8 people walk on to the stage, before Mick, Stevie, John and Lindsey eventually get there.

I'm glad I got to attend a Mirage show, before this became the norm.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

If we're going to hear shaky harmonies, I'd rather it be actual band members If you're going to pay other people to do it then it better be perfect.
I don't think I can really tell if someone is off, but I know I used to crack up when other people made jokes about Jana.

Michele
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Me too and me too. When I met Lindsey in 2006 I was talking to him about a live recording of GYOW from 1976 that he didn't remember anything about. I told him I'd burn a copy for him. His response: I wouldn't mind hearing a recording of us when we were just a five piece.

Having all the extra musicians onstage IMHO is all Stevie's idea.
I think it's just not your opinion, but the truth. When Lindsey left the band I understand the reasons why they added Billy and Rick. But with the absence of Lindsey, I think Stevie felt a bit abandoned, and adding her solo singers to the band gave her a sense of support. Also, by then the music business became more corporate, and the stakes got higher, so there was more pressure to be more polished, and that opened the door to all the other support players.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm with you on all of that. In my opinion, the added players diluted their sound more than they added it it. They sort of became like a polished Vegas act. Just before their show starts, you can see an army of about 8 people walk on to the stage, before Mick, Stevie, John and Lindsey eventually get there.

I'm glad I got to attend a Mirage show, before this became the norm.
Even though they get panned here, that WAS the nice thing about the "Time" band. The only extra musician they had was a keyboardist, but that was necessary because Christine didn't tour. If she had been there, it would have just been the six people in the band (and a way better show).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Jana say after being fired from Stevie's band that she wouldn't be touring with Stevie anymore but that she was still employed by Fleetwood Mac?
This may have been on her Q&A on the Nicksfix if I recall...
Anyone know anything to the contrary?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I seem to recall her ties with both Fleetwood Mac/Stevie have been severed. She's doing her own tour these days. And, on her Facebook site, there's no hint of her "convening" with Fleetwood Mac at any time in the near future.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^But, yeah Jana did originally say that she would be with FM. Maybe she also thought they would be touring last year & had to make other plans.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mind the extra help, but you don't need more "back-up" players than actual members. Max of 4 back-ups - guitar, keyboard, and two vocalists with Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey should be fine. Part of the problem since Christine's departure is replacing her keyboard parts. Fleetwood Mac has to have a keyboard player and three vocalists.

I run sound at my church. We have three musicians...lead singer/keyboard, her husband on drums/vocals, and another background singer. That's it. Not perfect but we get through five songs every Sunday morning real well!

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 02-22-2013 at 11:20 PM..