User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile World tour 2009?

Hello everyone
Do you think that F.M will do a world tour in 2009? Or only an U.S tour?
If they will make a new record they probably will do a world tour. At least, I hope so. 'Cause I live in Europe, in Sweden and I really want to see them, or just Stevie, live anytime...Does anyone know or guess if they will???
Hugs,
/Belladona93, 15 years old, in Sweden

Old 04-09-2008, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope for a world tour and a new album, but the closer it gets to 2009 the more my gut feeling is that we will see nothing.
Fleetwood mac would need to be starting to think now about putting an album together for a release next year. We have heard absolutely nothing to suggest this has happened or is about to happen.

Lindsey is flying high on his solo work at the minute and he is hoping to release another album soon.

I dont see much big Mac stuff for 2009 but I hope next year someone turns up this post and makes me swallow my words
Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt it too. Stevie doesn't sound too enthusiastic about it and if Lindsey really does go ahead with the more rock follow-up to Under The Skin he'll be tied up for the rest of the year at least.
Even if the Mac do manage to sort everything out and go into the studio in early 2009 they're not exactly known for recording stuff quickly.
So, I can't envisage a new album any time soon but maybe they'll just continue down the nostaliga act route and tour with no record to promote. If they were going to do that though it would have been much nicer to do it last year for the 40th anniversary of the band, but I guess we'll see. The fact they are still talking about it at least is hopeful.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
The fact they are still talking about it at least is hopeful.
What's kind of funny is that several of them have, in recent years, been alluding to the fact of advancing age & the related need for prompt action. And yet there's been no actual improvement in that department!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspect that Lindsey's "rock" album is either going to morph into the next FM album or will be released after the next FM project. I think he probably realizes that he needs another FM project to boost his visibility before releasing another album. I mean, why release one flop album after another?

I think they could pull this off. Stevie will probably go away to Mexico later this summer, write a few songs for the Rhiannon movie with her girls , and then meet up with the band (with or without Sheryl, who will be finished promoting her album by then) in October. They'll jam around for a month and then start recording in earnest from November through April. The album comes out in September and the tour starts soon thereafter with a brief barnstorming U.S. arena leg, then a break, then off to Australia in the winter, then a break, then a trek through Europe in the spring, then a break, followed by another U.S. run of the sheds in the summer. I think this could happen. And because of the weak dollar and the U.S. recession, they may be hitting more international markets than ever before.

More arbitrary predictions: Buckingham Nicks becomes available for downloading from iTunes when the new FM album comes out; no CD version will ever be released. Lindsey's next album comes out in early 2011. The Rhiannon movie is permanently shelved and those songs are released in May/June 2011.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.411mania.com/music/column...il-Edition.htm

Fleetwood Mac Reunion

Dan Yates: While nothing has been confirmed and nothing will come of it this year, a few outlets have reported on the possibility a Fleetwood Mac tour. It's not the kind news that will make waves in your world, but it's the kind of tour that'll rake in the kind of cash not seen since the last time the Eagles got together. Your parents are very excited. Who wants to bet they join U2, Madonna, and Jay-Z in helping concert promoter Live Nation take over the world?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I suspect that Lindsey's "rock" album is either going to morph into the next FM album or will be released after the next FM project. I think he probably realizes that he needs another FM project to boost his visibility before releasing another album. I mean, why release one flop album after another?

I think they could pull this off. Stevie will probably go away to Mexico later this summer, write a few songs for the Rhiannon movie with her girls , and then meet up with the band (with or without Sheryl, who will be finished promoting her album by then) in October. They'll jam around for a month and then start recording in earnest from November through April. The album comes out in September and the tour starts soon thereafter with a brief barnstorming U.S. arena leg, then a break, then off to Australia in the winter, then a break, then a trek through Europe in the spring, then a break, followed by another U.S. run of the sheds in the summer. I think this could happen. And because of the weak dollar and the U.S. recession, they may be hitting more international markets than ever before.

More arbitrary predictions: Buckingham Nicks becomes available for downloading from iTunes when the new FM album comes out; no CD version will ever be released. Lindsey's next album comes out in early 2011. The Rhiannon movie is permanently shelved and those songs are released in May/June 2011.
ACK i hate this post so much!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think they will get nostalgic and bust out Rattlesnake Shake, Hypnotized, Oh Well and a couple others from the Blues Era? I'd LOVE to hear WHY but without Christine, it wouldn't be the same.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Love Fleetwood Mac

After all the "Sheryl Crow joining Fleetwood Mac" hype, Stevie-Nicks.info reported this article, titled "Fleetwood Mac Plots Return - with or without Crow":
http://www.stevie-nicks.info/index.p...484&Itemid=242

I really hope Fleetwood Mac reunites for a tour in 2009. I would love the chance to see them... they pretty much kicked ass on the Say You Will tour from what I have seen

Old 04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
Hello everyone
Do you think that F.M will do a world tour in 2009? Or only an U.S tour?
If they will make a new record they probably will do a world tour. At least, I hope so. 'Cause I live in Europe, in Sweden and I really want to see them, or just Stevie, live anytime...Does anyone know or guess if they will???
Hugs,
/Belladona93, 15 years old, in Sweden
Hey I'm in the same situation!

I live in Sweden and I'm a new Fleetwood Mac fan so I haven't had any
chances to see them live. I can only hope that I will get to see them at least once in my life, but you never know

If they decides to tour again I really hope they realise how many fans they got around the world.

They should really do one last world tour and come to Sweden (Or Scandinavia).

Kul att se en ung svensk på detta forum, det finns hopp för framtiden
Where in Sweden do you live?

/Melack 22 years old, from Sweden
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, why release one flop album after another?
because he couldn't care less: these remarks point out that some of you do not understand a thing about Lindsey solo. He even flew in a private jet to shows with an audience between 500 and 1250 people. He wants his music out for recognition, not for money. UTS wasn't a flop. It got loads of critical aclaim even internationally. He brought it out just for that. Not for sales. He said that himself a thousand times, but even FM-fans have dog**** in their ears.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
because he couldn't care less: these remarks point out that some of you do not understand a thing about Lindsey solo. He even flew in a private jet to shows with an audience between 500 and 1250 people. He wants his music out for recognition, not for money. UTS wasn't a flop. It got loads of critical aclaim even internationally. He brought it out just for that. Not for sales. He said that himself a thousand times, but even FM-fans have dog**** in their ears.
Hmm I politely disagree . Lindsey is hugely about recognition, has been since 1979. You also have to remember, recognition also comes through sales. In that measure, Lindey's solo career has been a massive disappointment. Have you even listened to the song "Not Too Late?" I don't think it's just about critical recognition, I think it's about him fantasizing about changing the music industry by having a hit and being critically acclaimed. He obviously accomplished the latter part, but missed the first by lightyears. For what it's work, I think HejiraNYC hit the nail on the head yet again. If y'all don't believe me, look back to the Destiny Rules doc. Yes he's saying the whole time that he doesn't care if the album only sells a certain amount of copies, but at the same time Mick and Ray point out that recognition comes in the form of sales to Lindsey too, that he'd be "crushed" if Say You Will only sold only 800,000 copies (which is exactly what it ended up selling). We've gotta keep in mind, Mick has know lindsey for almost 34 years now, and Ray for well over 20... they know him better than we do!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He even flew in a private jet to shows with an audience between 500 and 1250 people. He wants his music out for recognition, not for money. UTS wasn't a flop. It got loads of critical aclaim even internationally. He brought it out just for that. Not for sales. He said that himself a thousand times, but even FM-fans have dog**** in their ears.
I agree with you on this one; I believe what Lindsey has said.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um... as the old saying goes... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it... Face it: nobody heard it and nobody bought it, not even all the people who came out to see him in concert.

Also, I'd rather have dog**** in my ears than **** for brains.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Um... as the old saying goes... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it...
It's suffering for it's art.