User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBanks147
Tusk is just as much a ‘Jumbled mess’. “the Ledge” and “storms” on the same album? “Beautiful child” leading into “Walk a thin line”? Can hardly say it’s NOT a jumbled mess. Tusk also doesn’t feel like a Fleetwood Mac album (deliberately) but is still IS a Fleetwood Mac album, as is say you will. (Probably my two favourite Mac albums, Tusk and SYW)

How do you work that out? Yes, Lindsey’s work was originally going to be a solo album but during the writing process when it was going to be a solo album Mick was already present just jamming around in the studio.

Stevie wrote her songs for Fleetwood Mac, not a solo album. Lindsey gave his imput towards them and came up with guitar parts. John did the same, working out Bass lines for both Lindsey and Stevie. Lindsey produced a large part of the album.

John and Mick both said themselves that SYW is the album they have been MOST present on out of any Fleetwood Mac album. How can it be anything but a Fleetwood Mac album? Every Mac album has been the moulding together of there songs the various writers have come up with. Conclusion, your just VERY biased. Why, I don’t know maybe you Miss Christine?
No, I think there's something legitimately more to be said about the sense that a few of us have of the disconnectedness among the LB tracks & the SN tracks on Say You Will. It has more to do with the time frame: If you look at the stretch of time involved in the tracking for the album, SYW has by far the longest time frame of any FM album ever recorded. It's approximately seven or eight years, which is just ungodly. The vast majority of the Buckingham songs were tracked seven or eight years before the SN songs, & that extreme disparity is obvious in the sonic environment. The ambience is fundamentally disparate from LB song to SN song. On past albums, that disparateness in environment & ambience didn't exist because the tracks were basically recorded in the same two studios (or single studio in the case of Tusk) within the same time frame, & that makes a big difference in sound.

On Tusk, for example, Lindsey's songs obviously sound different from Stevie's songs, but they don't sound as if they were recorded in a different ERA with a different era's equipment & technology. THAT'S what we're talking about. "Sisters of the Moon" came out of the same aural timespace as "The Ledge" or "Walk a Thin Line" -- in that regard, they're really all of a piece. The disjointedness of Tusk is one of songwriting, not of studio vibe & technology.

But this isn't the case with SYW. Lindsey's songs sound as if they came from different eras & different locales -- they in fact were, & all the mixing & mastering in the world didn't hide that fact. The drummer on 'Miranda' sounds like a 48-year-old drummer, & the drummer on 'Thrown Down' sounds like a 56-year-old drummer, & the two tracks are wholly unrelated in band vibe -- even down to minor things like what the walls in the particular studio were made of & how that affected the ambience. SYW was total patchwork. Tusk is a patchwork of styles & sensibilities, but not of sound & ambience & certainly not of technology.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBanks147
Tusk is just as much a ‘Jumbled mess’. “the Ledge” and “storms” on the same album? “Beautiful child” leading into “Walk a thin line”? Can hardly say it’s NOT a jumbled mess. Tusk also doesn’t feel like a Fleetwood Mac album (deliberately) but is still IS a Fleetwood Mac album, as is say you will. (Probably my two favourite Mac albums, Tusk and SYW)

How do you work that out? Yes, Lindsey’s work was originally going to be a solo album but during the writing process when it was going to be a solo album Mick was already present just jamming around in the studio.

Stevie wrote her songs for Fleetwood Mac, not a solo album. Lindsey gave his imput towards them and came up with guitar parts. John did the same, working out Bass lines for both Lindsey and Stevie. Lindsey produced a large part of the album.

John and Mick both said themselves that SYW is the album they have been MOST present on out of any Fleetwood Mac album. How can it be anything but a Fleetwood Mac album? Every Mac album has been the moulding together of there songs the various writers have come up with. Conclusion, your just VERY biased. Why, I don’t know maybe you Miss Christine?

They sure did. Just because the band went for the bigger epic sound rather than the rough raw sounds of the 70’s (both of which are great) doesn’t make them nostalgic. Put it into perspective. (The guys on hear that can slag of LB all day but don’t have a bad word to say about Rick, lets look at when he was in the band)

The set list for “Behind the Mask”

01. Say You Love Me
02. The Chain
03. Dreams
04. Rhiannon
05. Isn't It Midnight
06. Save Me
07. Stop Messin' Around
08. Another Woman
09. Landslide
10. World Turning
11. Gold Dust Woman
12. In The Back Of My Mind
12. Everywhere
13. Stand on the Rock
14. Little Lies
15. Stand Back
16. When The Sun Goes Down
17. You Make Loving Fun
18. Go Your own Way
19. Love Is Dangerous
20. Tear It Up
21. Don't Stop
22. Songbird

FOUR songs of “Behind the mask” where actually played. FOUR!!!!!! Some of the songs performed where wrote by a guy that was no longer in the band. That is Nostalgic. Now compared to the Dance (Which was a reunion tour, not a tour for an album) this tour also saw them play FOUR new songs, the difference being, Behind the mask was a tour for an album, the Dance was a reunion.

The songs but Big Love, Go insane, The chain, Silver Springs, say you love me, I’m so afraid and Everywhere where all tweaked (some more than others. In some cases though you could claim they where new songs) apposed to the “behind the mask” and “tango” tours “the Dance” was NOT nostalgic.

Rick Vito and Billy are the only two members of Fleetwood Mac that I don’t care for and they certainly should not of been in the band. This guy said ti in one.
Behind the Mask set list was different from this... at least i think so...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Well, for starters, the opened with "In The Back Of My Mind," not SYLM.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, for starters, the opened with "In The Back Of My Mind," not SYLM.
First leg of the tour, SLYM WAS the opening number...after they returned from Europe, they'd revamped the set. So, basically, there were two separate set lists for the BTM tour.

The show I saw on the tour (the final night, 12/07/1990)...EDIT: this is the set they played

In the Back of My Mind/The Chain
Dreams
Isn't it Midnight
Love Is Dangerous
Oh Well
Rhiannon
Stop Messin' Around
Say You Love Me
Gold Dust Woman
I Loved Another Woman
Landslide
(w/surprise guest, Lindsey Buckingham)
World Turning
Everywhere
Stand on the Rock
Little Lies
Stand Back
You Make Loving Fun
Don't Stop

(1st encore)
Tear it Up (once again,w/guest, Lindsey Buckingham)
Go Your Own Way (still w/Lindsey Buckingham)
(2nd encore)
Songbird

Last edited by chiliD; 03-21-2006 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
The show I saw on the tour (the final night)...from memory, I'll double check the list when I get home:
Steve, it was the same set list as the last two or so months of the tour. Just check a set list for any night in the last two months (November & December). It will be the same.

P.S. I remember they did play SYLM, too, only it was in the middle somewhere.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Steve, it was the same set list as the last two or so months of the tour. Just check a set list for any night in the last two months (November & December). It will be the same.

P.S. I remember they did play SYLM, too, only it was in the middle somewhere.
Not exactly...they'd dropped "Love Is Dangerous" for a while, then brought it back for the last week or so. Yeah, I do recall that they did SYLM in mid-set somewhere....I'll check my notes when I get home from work.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way I remember, SYLM replaced "Save Me" in the set.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Not exactly...they'd dropped "Love Is Dangerous" for a while, then brought it back for the last week or so.
What about all those shows in November: Boston, Indianapolis, Philly, Landover ... Did they play or not play "Love Is Dangerous"? Anyone know from a bootleg? I have Bethlehem PA on video, but I don't remember whether "Dangerous" is on it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What about all those shows in November: Boston, Indianapolis, Philly, Landover ... Did they play or not play "Love Is Dangerous"? Anyone know from a bootleg? I have Bethlehem PA on video, but I don't remember whether "Dangerous" is on it.
Why don't you watch it, and tell us?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Why don't you watch it, and tell us?
I never watch anything from Fleetwood Mac post-1985. Besides, there are enough people around who will (for example, AliceLover/Jimmy).
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Set list edited above.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love is Dangerous was played for the last Leg of the American tour. Which was only about a month or a month and a half. Say You Love Me replaced Save Me and was right before GDW in the middle. In the Back of My Mind was the opener.

Steve are you sure that Go Your Own Way was in the encore? I thought it was GYOW, Tear it up, then Don't Stop.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never watch anything from Fleetwood Mac post-1985. Besides, there are enough people around who will (for example, AliceLover/Jimmy).
Yeah I watch them/love them and I am not ashamed of it at all.

Oakland 90 is probably my most watched video and thats why it broke.

Cmon Christine on this tour was one huge orgasm. She was fantastic!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
Oakland 90 is probably my most watched video and thats why it broke.
So what's the deal with that proshot video that Maureen sold? Why was it incomplete? Or did I just answer my own question?
Quote:
Cmon Christine on this tour was one huge orgasm. She was fantastic!
Yeah, but she's almost always good. She's what you call a 'solid' performer.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
Steve are you sure that Go Your Own Way was in the encore? I thought it was GYOW, Tear it up, then Don't Stop.
Yes...I just copied the set list from my notes that I had paperclipped to my copy of the tour book. They probably changed the set around because of Lindsey being there the final night of the tour...they closed the set with "Don't Stop", then had him come out for the encore to play (& sing) GYOW...and then jam on "Tear It Up" (I know, I used "Lindsey" & "jam" in the same sentence!!!!!). He came out for the curtain call after "Songbird" with the rest of the band, as well.