Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

You understand this band mate!

Stevie mentions "her" 24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault album tentatively at a Red Carpet event...has a Freudian slip of the tongue.

We find out that Oops maybe she is giving 24 songs to Fleetwood Mac. Oops. She did it again. She will be in when Lindsey and Chris are done. Oops. She did it again. She will be in when they have laid down all the music and the chords. She will just sing. She will get looked after and be pampered, because they love her.

She her whole life has tried to teach people her musical skills, her singing and always failed. Lindsey and Chris can do this: Christine especially you can tell from when she did the In the Meantime album with her nephew Dan.

She teaches, Christine can teach music. She knows how to play. She has done it for forty years, since she was barely 21.

Stevie started later with her big break on the White Album coming in 1976. She...excuse the ramblings of a crazy Ledgie.....she just wants people to appreciate her.

The band she is in doesn't want her there in studio, because she is not a musician, according to Lindsey: they are a band of "3 musicians and a great singer" -> now 4 musicians and a great singer.

She is a musician and she deserves that recognition and Lindsey should swallow his selfish pride and give her a call - oh wait - come on guys.....he would have already done that. Let's not be stupid Ledgies for once.

There will be a 2015 Fleetwood Mac studio release
Maybe it will be called 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault and also contain some Christine Perfect Album Tracks like I'm Too Far Gone (update).

Who knows?

Who knows?

I know we all know we always did.
Edited to add (ETA):
This is like the making of Tango in the Night all over again, just a little more mature and adult. Without drugs too I hope! Jokes
John McVie has cancer and is still recovering, this we should not forget. Somehow I think if he is important enough to the band to cancel the Australian/NZ 2013 Tour, he is most certainly important enough to cancel a World Tour before it begins. This would mean refunds for all, but could put the promoters out of business. Let's not forget about John. It's always the quiet ones who suffer the most. He was out of control for a long time. Now he's quite possibly still ill and doesn't know it. Who knows that? Only John and the people close to him.
I don't really even know what you're trying to say with this post. It doesn't seem to have a point.

But on this last part, I'm sure there is insurance involved regarding John. And they probably have a plan for if he has trouble with his illness. It won't just be, tour cancelled, tough luck....when they know coming into it that you never know what might happen with him.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Reading it I felt I had taken some powerful acid. Wow! You need to be tripping to digest the rambling.

Coherent points? What points? POINTS! They are coming at me! They want kill me! Oops I dropped my head and it's rolling down the stairs. Oops the stairs are turning into a raging gang of pink bunnies! Oops I'm on a Ledge and I'm going to jump into a sea of...
He said I understand the band! What more do you need?
Old 05-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm more in favor of a pared down single record, considering so many songs can fit on to a cd. Any leftovers, release another single album in a year or two. I just hope FM continues to be a more creative band again as long as they can keep on going. I'm just so excited about this reunion of the band and can't wait for the sparks to start flying again, the good ones that is!
Old 05-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel that "The Vault" is reserved as part of Stevie solo vernacular. The term implies old songs that have been sitting around dormant for years.

24 Karet Gold is such a pedestrian, overused phrase. Is Fleetwood Mac not recording new songs??? As prior stated, it sounds just like a cheesy and cheap compiltation album sold on TV infomercial.

Yuck!

And is it not just a bit egotistical to release an album of new music and deem it as gold? Does that not set the expectation threshhold a little too high?
I hope this is just working a title. Though I see 24 Karet Gold as more appropriate title for a Stevie album than a Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-24-2014 at 02:41 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't really even know what you're trying to say with this post. It doesn't seem to have a point.

But on this last part, I'm sure there is insurance involved regarding John. And they probably have a plan for if he has trouble with his illness. It won't just be, tour cancelled, tough luck....when they know coming into it that you never know what might happen with him.
Mike,

I would like to be upfront right now, that some of my posts truly don't have a point. It's called rambling. I'm sure you are familiar with the word.

I also have a diagnosed mental illness (mild in nature: a personality disorder). So give me a break mate.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Mike,

I would like to be upfront right now, that some of my posts truly don't have a point. It's called rambling. I'm sure you are familiar with the word.

I also have a diagnosed mental illness (mild in nature: a personality disorder). So give me a break mate.
I meant no offense. I was just pointing out that I had no idea what you were talking about. If you had any further clarification to provide on your ramblings that would helpful. If not, that's fine too.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Ledgie

A double album would be great for either Fleetwood Mac or Stevie. Three songwriters have an abundance of excellent songs that will be released.

I do not want to see another release similar to Say You Will. This was to be released as a double album. Reprise wanted a single disc set of 18 songs. That was a mistake on the label's end.

Ten to thirteen songs are good enough for a single disc. If you have bonus tracks, other mixes or live tracks to include in a release, release them as extended plays. If you have 15 to 20, or more, excellent songs to release, go for a two disc set.

Stevie can easily release a double album of the older songs she has been recording in Nashville for 24 Karat Gold. I do not know where she stands in the amount of new songs written for Fleetwood Mac or another solo release.

Lindsey has no problem recording new songs. At some point he should release another solo album.