Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OK, I've been contacted by rezamatic and we're going to follow dissention's advice and do a two-person counting system. I have decided to go ahead and start the whole thing over. We'll start a new thread for it this afternoon or evening. Consider this one "practice." And view the new one as a challenge, since there will be more tendencies towards coalitions on both sides. Make you work harder.

That being said, it is very possible the results will turn out differently. Suck it up. We're going to pretend this game never existed. I don't expect to hear whining about it in the new thread. Clean slate, people.

One last thing - the new rules are going to be more precise and a tad different than Jacob's. Therefore, they must be read carefully and adhered to as they are stated. I do not want to hear "That's not the way we've done it before" or "That's not the way I want it done." Now we're doing it Nancy's way, lol.

P.S. Jacob, I'm sorry this turned out so badly! But take comfort in the fact that the others are going so well.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-29-2004 at 11:35 AM..
Old 08-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
OK, I've been contacted by rezamatic and we're going to follow dissention's advice and do a two-person counting system. I have decided to go ahead and start the whole thing over. We'll start a new thread for it this afternoon or evening. Consider this one "practice." And view the new one as a challenge, since there will be more tendencies towards coalitions on both sides. Make you work harder.

That being said, it is very possible the results will turn out differently. Suck it up. We're going to pretend this game never existed. I don't expect to hear whining about it in the new thread. Clean slate, people.

Jacob, I'm sorry this turned out so badly! But take comfort in the fact that the others are going so well.

One last thing - the new rules are going to be more precise and may be a tad different than Jacob's. Therefore, they must be read carefully and adhered to. I do not want to hear "That's not the way we've done it before." Now we're doing it Nancy's way, lol.
Thank you Nancy, Just don't make me look to bad
It will be a changes note hosting but voting, But it will be long needed. I am doing smaller ones in other threads so I am not totally out of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Not really sure what you're saying here. Something about pissing on fires, or whatever. I would suggest you not get too close to the flames if you are exposing yourself like that.

As for shutting the **** up, don't count on it.
Carne, Did I ever really think you would???
Old 08-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now we're doing it Nancy's way, lol.
Oh Lord...........
Old 08-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Wow! I missed a lot. The game is completely shot and we have to start over? That's a shame, I was hoping that we could continue and and just put the differences behind us.

This fight between CarneVaca and Rumours77 probably went a little too far, but I can see both points of view on this, and it is true that some serious mistakes were made. I wish we could move forward without having to redo any rounds or start the game over.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:01 PM

Nancy, I'm glad you're taking over. You're up to the task. I have no doubt of that. I have one concern about using the polling system you were suggesting. Can we keep the results hidden until the last vote is cast? I think that would be a lot of fun.

Otherwise, if the results are shown throughout the day, it creates a problem. The problem is that those folks who have been voting strategically wouldn't be able to change their votes if you are using the polls.

But if you're voting in the dark and the results are made public in the end, that is very exciting indeed.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus
Now this coming from you is especially hilarious... In the end though, it's really NoThatFunny
If you're saying what I think you're saying, you should be able to explain how Carnevaca and I manage to both be on at the same time right now?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThatFunny
If you're saying what I think you're saying, you should be able to explain how Carnevaca and I manage to both be on at the same time right now?
Good point. My advice would be to ignore the nonsense. There's plenty of it to go around anyway.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

So when is the new game going to start and are we definitely starting from scratch?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Good point. My advice would be to ignore the nonsense. There's plenty of it to go around anyway.

I do wish we could just continue with this game, since there are so many songs in Tusk. We may not know the results until October!

I'm not really sure if I have the energy to keep playing, even if it has beena lot of fun.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do wish we could just continue with this game, since there are so many songs in Tusk. We may not know the results until October!
I'm not really sure if I have the energy to keep playing, even if it has beena lot of fun.
This is EXACTLY how I feel. Can't we just FINISH the game we've started.
ALL that time and effort for what? NOTHING?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I'm with you on this one. Sodacsouts, is there any way at all, any way at all, that we can just continue the game where left it off? I totally understand wanting to set new solid rules and starting over, but I think that a lot of people are not going to have the patience to keep playing, especially starting over and voting for the same songs again.

Just a thought.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I'm torn on this too. But I have confidence in Nancy doing the right thing.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm with you on this one. Sodacsouts, is there any way at all, any way at all, that we can just continue the game where left it off? I totally understand wanting to set new solid rules and starting over, but I think that a lot of people are not going to have the patience to keep playing, especially starting over and voting for the same songs again.

Just a thought.
Sodascouts and I are planning on trying to get a new game going later today. I think we planned on trying to start over, but now that you guys are talking about starting from where we left off, I agree that that's a good idea. I think we should start off at the round after Brown Eyes was voted off, and erase all previous votes just due to the hassle that it's impossible to count them by now. I'll probably post the rules for our new game (not much different, just more organized) and you guys can take a gander.

I'll talk it over with her and hopefully get the new rules up for you guys to look at. If you don't want to play it, then that's fine. But look for it in a few hours or so.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 08-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh please Carne... Anyone with two computers can easily do this. The funny thing is that you're now trying to cover your tracks in not very subtle ways. Giving two different votes in the Wild Heart survivor thread just now really is amusing. As if you'd care about a Stevie survivor game hosted by someone you just flamed to death.

And since I'm all into conspiracy theories and being a general pain, I must say that I had quite a lot of fun reading Dulcimer's posting history. Pretty incredible how he's systematically intervening in your favor to always add that extra voice and support when you're in the heat of things. Such dedication is truly remarkable! No one probably cares but check it out if you want a good laugh, it's hilarious.

I suppose Lindsey really needed two extra votes per round to boost his... what was it... oh yes "approval rating"

All in good fun of course
Old 08-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Too late. I already made the decision to leave this game. This game is a crock. You are changing rules to manipulate the outcome. I wonder just exactly what is going on here, how much communication you had with the chiffon heads who obviously got you to reverse yourself yet again.

You have made mistake after mistake. You seem unable to even count, for crying out loud. You have no credibility left in this game. You should excuse yourself and hand it over to someone who has credibility, organization skill and impartiality, someone like Sodascouts.

This game is a farce, and its future outcome has already been tainted by what is either incompetence on your part or a basic lack of a sense of fairness and fortitude.

Outside of that, you're a good dude, and I'll be glad to interact with you on other threads. But you suck at running this thing.
I am late to this argument...But Carne...I'm suprised at you... it was just a recount because someone brought up some incorrect numbers..but who cares? I would be fine if either BC or TEFM left, if all was done fairly. I think you are being a whiny pouty baby, and taking your ball and going home. And i think you're giving short shrift to the "chiffon heads". There is no big plot. in fact, i've seen less plotting, criticism, and yelling by the chiffon heads. But whether that is true or not, I think everyone can agree that, although they may generally prefer one member's songs to another's, that not every member hits a home run every time, and that every member is possessed of genius. And by the way, I like TEFM more than SARA. If you really thought it was wrong, why didn't you just repost the places where it was wrong? I would be willing to go along with anything that was fair. But the big scene??! It's just so...beneath you...
I see that, apparently, nancy is taking over the game...whatever, fine.
Thanks Jacob
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -