Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Better luck with Venue presale

While reading the Ledge last week I saw that someone posted the password for the venue presales that we were not supposed to worry about if we were fanclub members. Since two friends of mine were going to go with us to the showI thought I would log on an get two tickets. (This was 1 hour AFTER the venue presale started.) I got two tix for Philly in section 4 row 4 on the floor. I figured I would hold out for better seats from the fanclub today for the other two tix.
I sat on the ticket ordering page hitting refresh on our company's DSL line until the moment the ticket purchasing option came up. I am pre-registered at Ticketmaster so paying with Visa is very fast. The very "best" available was further back than the tickets I scored from the venue pre-sale. I tried again and again and again over the next hour with nothing better than section 5 row 13 on the floor.
Being a 25 year veteran of these "ticket wars" I foolishly read something into the Fanclub presale offer that made me think I would have my best shot ever at good seats. It's nobody's fault but my own, really. BUT...I actually believed that "Knight" fellow over on Mick's board when he said that they fanclub scored the BEST 20% of tickets in each house that would be pre-sold today. These tickets were to be in the first 20 rows, he said. So far I've read only one post from somebody who got seats in that area. What are the odds that Fleetwood Mac's biggest fans wouldn't have more members among them who did better than row 20 ?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

It appears they are releasing blocks of tickets during the sale. Keep trying, even now - I got row 13, center section for Continental in NJ around 1:30. Before that I was only getting 200 section.

Good luck!
Eileen
Old 03-13-2003, 02:40 PM
joe

Default i don't know....

i've been trying since 12pm eastern time and it's now 2:30 and i keep coming up with the same seats no matter what options i choose. i'm looking for 2 tickets but i've tried doing just 1 and no luck. i don't see how they have a lot in the first 20 rows.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Over and Over

I've kept trying for the AC, Philly and Washington shows and ocasionally get the back few rows on the floor...but mostly get the back few rows of the middle/upper sections. I'm holding out hope that something will fall back into the system at a later date, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one doing so.

Wonder if I could dispute the cc charge for the fanclub since I didn't login on the website yet to look around and only received 12 or so emails telling me not to worry that there was 20% of each venue being held for we lucky clubmembers? Some of the Knight's posts on Micks site even said that the first 20 rows of most venues were held just for us! (Of course I'm kidding here...I will just accept it as a "cost of purchasing tickets" even though I did not benefit yet.

My biggest ticket score was right here on the Ledge when somebody posted the venue pre-sale password!