The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like this new version, sounds very nice indeed, but I prefer the other version: I just wish the arpeggiated guitar was left at the same level as in the version we heard 3 months ago...I really liked that sound. It's practically absent from this version to the extent where it's changed the melody of the verse(s), slightly for the worse. It's lost its slight "darkness" factor which I really enjoyed in the other one. This version sounds much more bright and happy.

Old 03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember how astonished I was when I heard the "leaked" version of "Thrown Down" three months ago, and how much I liked the fact that "the new Fleetwood Mac" sound would be like that... Given the fact that I actually like very much the available snippets of the Say You Will tracks (especially the opener and the title track, dare I say), I think I liked the previous version of "Thrown Down" a little more, perhaps because of that more 'ellaborated' song that was built around it. It had those beautiful guitar parts and some keyboards that, apparently, are lost in this faster (I think it's faster) version. It's still a great song, anyway.

Song of the moment - Say You Will
Old 03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aside from Stevie's delivery of "You do what you want to..." in this newer one, which I adore, I must say I prefer the "leaked one". There's an urgency conveyed by Lindsey's guitar and the vocals in the chorus that I'm just not getting in the newer one.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 03-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
This version sounds much more bright and happy.
That's funny because I thought the sparse arrangement and emphasis on that haunting guitar part, made it much darker - or at least 'real', like 'Dreams' was real ... whereas the glossy Spector-fest from 3 months ago was just - ugh, the fact is it was so washy and confused it gave me zero emotional impact.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 03-12-2003 at 05:39 AM..
Old 03-11-2003, 04:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

I agree, the new version sounds a little darker than the previously known version. I definitely prefer this new recording. To me, this version has got some of the atmosphere that "Gypsy" has.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
That's funny because I thought the sparse emphasis and emphasis on that haunting guitar part, made it much darker - or at least 'real', like 'Dreams' was real ... whereas the glossy Spector-fest from 3 months ago was just - ugh, the fact is it was so washy and confused it gave me zero emotional impact.
I agree. I esp. like that killer opening guitar which I did not hear in the "old" one. I also think her voice also sounds way less "electronic" in the new one.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Ledgie

Could someone please send me an mp3 version of any of the new songs. I can't seem to get any of them to work.

Matt

denison@sprint.ca
Old 03-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Arrow !

Hey Adam Eve--

I tried sending you the songs but it would only let me send you a few of them. Once your mailbox is empty and you have room, let me know and I'll send you the ones you didn't get. (let me know which ones they were)

Dan
"It's not about the money, and it's not about the fame. It's about knowing that I connected with people, and that maybe one of my songs made them feel better at some point in their life when they were sad." -Stevie Nicks
Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I like this version so much better! I used to think Thrown Down dragged, but this change in the verse spices things up and keeps your interest going. The lyrics, because there's more of them in that verse, lol, go faster and the pace isn't as drawn out.

I am SOOOO glad this is the version for the album! It's simply a more enjoyable song now, IMO.