Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I am walking away now. After 35 years I can not keep watching this. I am done. Goodbye.
Sounds like it's for the best.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Sounds like it's for the best.
Indeed. Even children get older.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
there are things I would change but it's decent. I wish she would have moved around that enormous stage at least a little bit. Looks like her feet were glued to that spot.

And I guarantee that's the top she's gonna be wearing on the FM tour.
You were close. Her feet weren't glued to the ground, however, the box that she was standing on, hidden under under her skirt, was.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
there are things I would change but it's decent. I wish she would have moved around that enormous stage at least a little bit. Looks like her feet were glued to that spot.

And I guarantee that's the top she's gonna be wearing on the FM tour.
reminds me of her Caesar 's show
Old 09-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well....

One question.....Was it directed by a child? Like a 10 year old? I have seen 1st year NYU film school students do a better job than this crap.

One more question.... Who allowed this to happen? Obviously at the end of the day Stevie approved this, but I can't help but wonder why, in the last few years, does she continue to make one bad decision after another? She truly is becoming a train wreck.

I am so incredibly disappointed in her. She is the only artist i have ever really connected with. Yet, I grow more dis-enchanted by her every year. I can't figure out if it is because she has changed so much or I have changed or both.

It's just sad to watch. Even the way she looks has gotten "odd". For example, there is something wrong with her upper lip the past few years, it looks like she has had one too many Botox treatments and can't really move the upper lip. Her face recently has started to have that "octolady" look to it, the plastic surgeon is pulling too much, she is gonna end up with that " joker smile" if she keeps having work done by those LA surgeons......this last video broke whatever shred I was holding on to....

I am walking away now. After 35 years I can not keep watching this. I am done. Goodbye.

" I am dancing away from her now..."
it's funny, over the weekend I watched a movie Keanu Reeves made about the changes in the film industry and the move to digital cameras and how as they've gotten smaller and smaller they've allowed filmmakers a lot more flexibility in shooting movies. And they had several big name directors who made entire films-- films that won awards at Sundance and the like--COMPLETELY using handheld, consumer video cameras. And they were amazing. And of course, very inexpensive to shoot movies this way so film students can now make very intricate movies with their little video cameras. THey showed some of the films the students made and they were really, really impressive. So cost cannot be an excuse for bad videos anymore. I don't know if this one is bad, but it *is* incredibly dull. Maybe if the song were like 2 minutes, but it's FIVE FULL MINUTES of basically the same shot.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Registered

if she spent millions and had dancers, smoke sets etc ..... who going to show it ? it 's a simply beautify shot video that matches the song . it's not over thought or over produced like the album .

I think it's perfect .
Old 09-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this was a great video for the song. Stevie is in a goregous theatre belting her heart out. I think I remember some interview before her stating she doesn't really visualize stories for videos. IYD had some of the best videos I feel from Stevie. So, I say go Dave.

Also maybe this will not be the only video we see from 24 Karat. I remember they showed different pictures from the theatre on instagram and some really nice mirrors.

And is "Lady" the official single from the album to be released to radio?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! See ya!

I'm glad we got this video. I think Stevie looks great! The setting looks wonderful. However, i'm not very impressed. It all seems rushed. I wish she would have moved around the stage a lot more. I wish she would not have acted out the words with those hand gestures, but that seems to be her shtick as of late so...

I also wish Dave would just take on the role of producer and leave it at that. But of course he just absolutely had to get his ego centric self somewhere in that video.

Sorry y'all! Not impressed with this one.

Still adore the song though! And I love the interview clip with her talking about the songs background.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
if she spent millions and had dancers, smoke sets etc ..... who going to show it ? it 's a simply beautify shot video that matches the song . it's not over thought or over produced like the album .

I think it's perfect .
no need for millions of dollars and dancers and smoke… that was my point. with little handheld cameras that anyone can buy you can make really great quality video….it just comes down to the creativity of whoever is holding the camera.

At her age and stage in her career she doesn't need dancers and gimmicks, but a few creative camera angles and some closeups are not asking much.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the song. Even if she is a bit shouty on it.

The video? Well, I love what they're trying to do. I love Stevie in the old empty concern hall, singing by herself. But it's not been executed very well.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well....

One question.....Was it directed by a child? Like a 10 year old? I have seen 1st year NYU film school students do a better job than this crap.

One more question.... Who allowed this to happen? Obviously at the end of the day Stevie approved this, but I can't help but wonder why, in the last few years, does she continue to make one bad decision after another? She truly is becoming a train wreck.

I am so incredibly disappointed in her. She is the only artist i have ever really connected with. Yet, I grow more dis-enchanted by her every year. I can't figure out if it is because she has changed so much or I have changed or both.

It's just sad to watch. Even the way she looks has gotten "odd". For example, there is something wrong with her upper lip the past few years, it looks like she has had one too many Botox treatments and can't really move the upper lip. Her face recently has started to have that "octolady" look to it, the plastic surgeon is pulling too much, she is gonna end up with that " joker smile" if she keeps having work done by those LA surgeons......this last video broke whatever shred I was holding on to....

I didn't notice the upper lipI agree it's not a very well shot video but couldn't you at least wait to see whether you like the new album or not?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Wow! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! See ya!

I'm glad we got this video. I think Stevie looks great! The setting looks wonderful. However, i'm not very impressed. It all seems rushed. I wish she would have moved around the stage a lot more. I wish she would not have acted out the words with those hand gestures, but that seems to be her shtick as of late so...

I also wish Dave would just take on the role of producer and leave it at that. But of course he just absolutely had to get his ego centric self somewhere in that video.

Sorry y'all! Not impressed with this one.

Still adore the song though! And I love the interview clip with her talking about the songs background.
just a simple walk from one side of the stage to other would have added some interest. They could have interwoven it with the shot of her standing in the same spot...but I'm still happy with it and happy we got a video. And I think the lack of a close up actually works with the song. It adds a little mystery.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great concept. Bad execution.

Stevie singing "Lady" all alone in a beautiful empty theatre is pretty close to perfect in my mind when I think of this song. But I have to say, I had a hard time connecting with this video.

This song is just gorgeous, and her delivery is heart-wrenching, honest, and well, amazing. And I kept waiting & wanting a heartfelt close-up to take it to the next level of visual performance that the song begs for. Then right when you think they were going in for the killer shot, it would pan away to her left side, or a view from behind the curtain. It's not horrible, but it could've been great. At least she taking chances. For her to get up on stage with no props or added special effect imagery in post production is brave and very different for her. I applaud that risk. It's an amazing time to be a Stevie Nicks fan these last 3 years.

So whatever my expectations or critique may be, this video does not detract one bit from this amazing, newly recorded version of "Lady." The new video is a classy setting for this stripped-down, introspective, and ultimatley universal song.

Last edited by Christopher; 09-05-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Get a grip, Mary!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It didn't need any damn close-ups. They are cheesy and cliche.