Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Random Thoughts

I've been MIA for the past week or so. I started school. While in three dimensional composition, I thought of Christine. The instructor was going over the course outline. He told us that we'd be sculpting and possibly using the pottery wheel. I'm looking forward to it.

Probably a useless post, but I wanted to share.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
I've been MIA for the past week or so. I started school. While in three dimensional composition, I thought of Christine. The instructor was going over the course outline. He told us that we'd be sculpting and possibly using the pottery wheel. I'm looking forward to it.

Probably a useless post, but I wanted to share.
I took it about 10 years ago - I LOVED it. I like the results as well. In fact, an artist friend of mine liked one so much that he had it mounted on a black granite block and it is in his living room. His house was recently published and low and behold there is was in print "just like Edna Ferber: So, stick with it because I NEVER thought I would be good. I found that if I listened the instructions and then tried to follow them but also tried it my way, I reached good resuslts. The important thing to remember is it is all about having fun

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I took it about 10 years ago - I LOVED it. I like the results as well. In fact, an artist friend of mine liked one so much that he had it mounted on a black granite block and it is in his living room. His house was recently published and low and behold there is was in print "just like Edna Ferber: So, stick with it because I NEVER thought I would be good. I found that if I listened the instructions and then tried to follow them but also tried it my way, I reached good resuslts. The important thing to remember is it is all about having fun
The first day we had a project due at the end of class. We had to do a low relief image on copper tooling foil. It was fun. The latest project is very intimidating to me...a medium/high relief image inspired by an ancient culture on balsa foam.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The first day we had a project due at the end of class. We had to do a low relief image on copper tooling foil. It was fun. The latest project is very intimidating to me...a medium/high relief image inspired by an ancient culture on balsa foam.
That final topis project soooooooo sounds like a teacher wanting desp. to impress

But, I am sure you will do find and balsa is cool to work with Just pick some greek relief and go to it

Old 01-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
But, I am sure you will do find and balsa is cool to work with Just pick some greek relief and go to it
Yeah, uh huh...I'm going to take a ride down the Nile with this project. No eating grapes with the gods.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, uh huh...I'm going to take a ride down the Nile with this project. No eating grapes with the gods.
LMAO - Annubis here you come